• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Horrible mess is horrible.

So, Korsan, does this mean they fixed the issue in MEIOU where Spain would force Granada to DoW them through a National Decision?

In the version I play (5.1) there was no problem like that. You start as vassal of Spain, but you can break vassalisation and attack them.

In life, only three things are certain: Death, Taxes and Vijayanagar blobbing.

Interestingly, I've only ever seen Vijyanagar blob once... Of course, courtesy of Rebels, I once saw the entire region of India cycle through being fully under the control of about 7 different Indian nations. The whole thing just collapsed and reformed every 2 years for a couple of decades. Trying to see all the cores in all those provinces was ridiculous... (7+ cores in every single province.)

The Cherokee Empire in 1768
EU3_MAP_CHE_17681011_1.jpg

I vassalized Creek and Shawnee and they drew just enough fire for me to westernize and catch up in tech :)

I didn't conquer anything until after I westernized and got out of tribal government. That ended up being almost 1600 since France beat up Castille and England beat up Portugal. I was at war with most of Europe for quite a long time.

The Cherokee Empire in 1768
EU3_MAP_CHE_17681011_1.jpg

I vassalized Creek and Shawnee and they drew just enough fire for me to westernize and catch up in tech :)

I didn't conquer anything until after I westernized and got out of tribal government. That ended up being almost 1600 since France beat up Castille and England beat up Portugal. I was at war with most of Europe for quite a long time.
Now go on a killing spree and take 'back' all North America!

I never built a navy except for a few ships to stop pirates (but I never saw any because my ports were blockaded for 200 years by Britain, France, Sweden, Austria, Castille, Hansa, Netherlands, etc.) I originally wasn't even going for coastal provinces but they were using them to land doomstacks so I took as many as I could for myself. I can't figure out how to get my warscore high enough to get the rest without invading Europe...

I never built a navy except for a few ships to stop pirates (but I never saw any because my ports were blockaded for 200 years by Britain, France, Sweden, Austria, Castille, Hansa, Netherlands, etc.) I originally wasn't even going for coastal provinces but they were using them to land doomstacks so I took as many as I could for myself. I can't figure out how to get my warscore high enough to get the rest without invading Europe...
The only way is to build a navy, every time you win a naval battle you get 1 warscore.
This combined with all those pesky 1 ship minor ships they send after you makes if pretty easy to gain huge gains (colonies are cheap) without invading europa

Small update on my Granada game. Fully westernized. France turned out to be a peaceful neighbour after beating them 2 times. Ottomans do surprisingly well