• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, so I finally finished my Portuguese campaign all the way to the end. Bloody terrible exercise in patience I can tell you that but anyway, screenies!

National Map:
FinalNationalMap.jpg

World Map:
FinalWorldMap.jpg

To save you the effort my full list of Vassals was:
Ireland
Granada
Sicily
Kingdom of Jerusalem
Hindustan
Venezuela
Colombia
UPCA

I managed to do quite a number on the cultural conversion but unfortunately didn't get all of it.
Culture.jpg

However, I did get it all done with the buildings. :)
Buildings.jpg

Ignoring of course Taodeni in the middle. I only colonised it at the end because before that I preferred how my name was on the map without it.

Among my many awesome vassals though was the jewel in the crown; a catholic Hindustan!
Religion2.jpg

Also as a fun additional note, down in SE Asia:
DanishAsiaClose.jpg

Yes, that is Scandinavian Asia, with 2 provinces culturally assimilated to Danish.

Fun Facts:
Ming is a terrifying opponent, thus far the only enemy to ever force me into full-retreat.
Scandinavia formed in 1812 by Denmark - just snuck in there.
Poland has been almost exactly that size since about 1550....
That's Burgundian France.
Aztec and Inca are both westernised..

And lastly, LOL at the Americas:
Empire2.jpg

What do you think? :)

Last edited:
I think Haiti and Canada got lost and that's it.
(Just kidding, nice job)

Taiwan was colonised by Persia, so that'd be them.
Thanks CivandEUIII. :)

A test game of Burgundys Effectiveness as a Unending Pool of Conquest:

Yes. I JUST got in PU with Austria and France within months of each other. As you can see I was cleaning up my new Lotaringian borders when it hit me like a sack of rocks. Now Im dropping 2 army's of 10k to get ahead of Austria in MP so I can control/Inherit it one day. Other notables. A Byzantium that no one is at war with that has NO standing army! D&T 5.5 for this picture.

All within 20 years?? Philippe the Bold was a good ruler, but not that good!

All within 20 years?? Philippe the Bold was a good ruler, but not that good!

Right now im at peace because I will simply lose 5 stab if I attack anyone for the next 4ish years. I have endlessly warred since day 1. Allied up with Austria to prevent france from trying to eat me early, took it on later when it was weakened by Bohemia and a half dozen other HRE states under trade rights and got 2 chunks. Also ive recently annexed Provence so im just sitting for the next 4 years....waiting.....

France 1821. Ended with 35 badboy and constant revolts, but managed to defeat Austria and Brabant and also Spain, Portugal and England in colonial wars. Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine and most of the southern HRE and Italian states are my vassals. How to take a map with only my country and its vassals?

eu3mapfra181812244.jpg

eu39d.png

eu310.png

eu311y.png

eu312z.png

eu313x.png

eu314m.png

eu315h.png

eu316.png

eu317p.png

eu318o.png

eu319.png

That's a nice Lotharingia, gonna be awesome when you inherit those. :D

That France isn't too shabby either. :)

Quick question though - forgot to ask this before. Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a D&T 3.4 game into something playable in V2?

update.

I think im done with this game personally. Im too powerfull for anything in the HRE to revolt from me. Final opinion: Burgundy when played by a player can be uber rape.

Nice but very much shows the reason I've taken to playing more interesting games with specific goals rather than just painting the map these days.

I prefer to make beautiful looking borders.

My goal in this game was simple: See hoe fast I could form Lotrangia. I formed and now im done with this lol

October 12, 1492... A nice head start on Columbus.

Was kind of fun not having any wars in the Old World (after the finishing the Reconquista of course). The Azores cores in 1495 and Barbados in 1505... I'll post a 1600 screen in a week or two...

I took those random African provinces because like any good Mercantilist I need to colonize the Cape of Good Hope so I'm waiting for them to core. I already took Muscat to secure the last leg of the route to India. Really nice thing about this style of game is there are essentially no revolts since all your colonies are right religion / right culture...

spain10121492.jpg