• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This has gone on for what, three pages? Can we have an answer already?

My second game of DW. Mecklenburg, start in 1399, normal difficulty, no lucky nations. My initial goal was to unite under my flag the entire New World and cut all the links with Europe. The process was well under way when, around 1500, I inherited Brandenburg. That was a tough moment for me because from that moment I became the target for all the powers from HRE and their sister uncle. I managed to survive and added a second goal, to unite all the provinces from Europe with which I shared a common culture. The result you can see it here
EU3_MKL.jpg
and here
EU3_MAP_MKL_1818616_1.jpg
I had some epic naval battles with GB and Spain (with more than 100 ships in combat) and at the end I had to battle Austria (as HRE) for all the provinces that I needed in Europe. It was very difficult because by that time Austria had like 8 vassals that I needed to take over and was leading a PU with GB. Switzerland was very aggressive towards me and DoW me every time I was at war. Bohemia and France also joined almost every time the gang.
I also played with a personal rule: do not pass over 10 infamy (well, I disregarded once this rule when I needed badly an OPM and I reached an infamy of 14).

The Great German Reich.... 1399 start on D&T mod.... random lucky nations current date is 1498 I think
My empire:
eu3dt1.jpg

eu3mapger14968131.jpg

The World:
eu31.jpg

eu3mapger149810181.jpg

Europe Relgion:(I started the reformation early.... halfway thorugh the 1400s
eu327.jpg

My second game of DW. Mecklenburg, start in 1399, normal difficulty, no lucky nations. My initial goal was to unite under my flag the entire New World and cut all the links with Europe. The process was well under way when, around 1500, I inherited Brandenburg. That was a tough moment for me because from that moment I became the target for all the powers from HRE and their sister uncle. I managed to survive and added a second goal, to unite all the provinces from Europe with which I shared a common culture. The result you can see it here
View attachment 44441
and here
View attachment 44442
I had some epic naval battles with GB and Spain (with more than 100 ships in combat) and at the end I had to battle Austria (as HRE) for all the provinces that I needed in Europe. It was very difficult because by that time Austria had like 8 vassals that I needed to take over and was leading a PU with GB. Switzerland was very aggressive towards me and DoW me every time I was at war. Bohemia and France also joined almost every time the gang.
I also played with a personal rule: do not pass over 10 infamy (well, I disregarded once this rule when I needed badly an OPM and I reached an infamy of 14).

How did you get your rivers to look that way?

My Divine Wind christening. I just got DW from a friend for my birthday (three days from now, and he's a Jew, so he thought, it's in the spirit.)

So, I played my favorite nation that's easy enough for a starter, Castille. It's currently 1465.

First, let's do Europe, da?
zzu.png

Spain is a Medeterrainian Empire from Lisbon, to Rome, and has vassals in Serbia, Bulgaria, Epirus and Morea. We're also Protestant (Converted 1461, because I was excommunicated from the end of Enrique III (1390-1414)'s reign to the conversion by my current monarch, Leon III.)

I also vassalized Morrocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and Tripoli and made them Protestant aswell. England and France are too. (England does own some Mamluk land, aswell as land in Italy.)

The Austrians had a superb empire for awhile, but the massive Peasant's Revolt caused the independence of Transylvania, Croatia, Tirol (which has the Hohenzollerns on the throne, kickass), and Styria, and so Austria's out of whack, and collapsed.

Brunswick is also the Emperor of the HRE. o_O Oh and the Pope is in eastern Germany. You can find it next to the Emperor.

----

New World

8fi.png

Spain is the single-handed master of it so far. I'm waiting for the English, French and others to find the New World since I'm so ronery. D:

Anyway, my national focus is the province where New Orleans is (named New Madrid), but I still called the Viceroyalty "La Florida" since Timucua was my first continental colony (Puerto Rico was my first new world colony, my first real colony was the Canary Islands, because my ships couldn't penetrate through the high seas and kept getting raped to death, and I wanted the "Isn't this the way to India?" achievement, so I waited until my last monarch (Pedro II) died so Castille could annex Portugal and Aragon with cores.

I'm going to play my Spain game to the end! It's 24 July 1465.

7h0.png

My Emperor is a bit meh. Enrique IV, I hope, will be a more powerful monarch to lead armies.

uq4.png

Spain in Europe. Notice Prussia's massive size and Austria getting completely destroyed.

u44.png

Spanish New World.

Note: Sorry I'm writing a mini-AAR... I'm just happy I finally have DW.

Last edited: