• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
it is, i think they gained that territories from milan, austria or something in the past.
another curious thing is that lithuania conquered almost all siberia and changed his capital to manchuria

Heres my current French empire game, year is ~1500 (no reformation yet):

For first 100 years or so i basically diplo-vassalized almost all independent 1 and 2 province minors, annexed a bunch of them in the north. Some 30 years ago i attacked England (my first offensive war) and retook Aquitaine and Calais (after like 29 years of occupation almost endless war lol), while some 10 years ago someone attacked Brittany (my ally, cant diplo vassalize them sadly, too big it seems) which dragged myself and all my vassals into war against England Milan and couple of Italian minors: as you can see war ended badly for Milan, i took 2 provinces (6 infamy) and liberated 3 countries (Pavia, Verona and Brescia) which i diplo-vassalized after the war ended. Spain formed some time ago, and apart from Roussilon (which i want for myself) im perfectly fine with that (maintaining healthy 150+ relations) as long as they dont go on Portugal conquering rampage. Portugal is interestingly very stable (not being conquered by everyone as usual) and colonizing Africa and Caribbean islands, which looks great. I was somewhat surprised to see somewhat stable Balkan, it seems all countries exist within their cultural boundries, with Wallachia which is on its way to from Romania (haha!).

African Empire of Kanem Bornu. Outside of Africa, the whole world's a mess.
Persia used to be much bigger before a Polish invasion, Yemen controlled the entire Arabian peninsula, the Ottomans grew from OPM to their current size since 1792, Granada is the one who formed Spain, after they exiled Navarra to Canada, Denmark formed Scandinavia, and Brandenburg formed the HRE. They turned out stable and made for a worthy final opponent, although i was far ahead of them in the tech race.

When did you westernise? Sunni now? Did you get the achievement? :D

Great Britain 1746 (formed via England) :

The HRE is dismantled, other nations are no longer able to colonize lands (they just can annex subsaharian et asian nations) and I've never broke the infamy limit !
My secret ?! Just play in easy difficulty :laugh:

By the way, it was a very funny game :)

During the whole game I focused on getting only the most interesting lands (especially in Europe). Colonies gave me a huuuge CoT in Lisboa (7k+ !) before I annex pagan CoTs.
Now my treasury has reached 300k ducats and I'm happy !

Last edited:
Here is my Gallic Empire. I started in 472. One interesting thing that occurred is that about 20+ years ago I had infamy in the mid-20s and it was going down at quite a slow rate (blame the warmonger in me :D) Well I got a regency council and instead cursing them like I usually do I praised this one. Due to my infamy it was a godsend as I had the RC for about ten years and my infamy fell down to below ten. I've been able to manage it ever since.

I'm allied with the Vandals and the Visigoths. The Vandals rule most of Northern Africa west of Egypt (which is ruled by Byzantiny). Lately Burgundy, the purplish-red country between Me, the Visigoths, Goths, the Lombards and Bavaria, has been my bitch. Especially after the two times I kicked the Franks asses. Can't wait to continue playing.

galliaii.png

World Map
gallia.png

This is the Steppe Wolf Mod.

Current size of my Zoroastrian Baluchistan --> Zoroastrian Mughal Empire campaign under MiscMod's alt-history Peace of God scenario.

unledmao.png

religionj.png

For reference, here's the 1399 Zoroastrian Baluchistan start and 1399 religion map in Miscmod's Peace of God Scenario:
baluchistan.png

originalreligion.png

Baluchistan starts off poor and surrounded at all sides by heathen enemies, the biggest threat obviously being the massive Islamic Timurid empire. Luckily the campaign begins with a Timurid truce, so I quickly joined forces with heretical Rajputana to defeat the South Asian sultanates. We made short work of Sind and Gujaret, and I netted the lion's share of the provinces including the incredibly wealthy CoT of Kutch. Meanwhile Hindi Vijaynagari consolidated Southern India and was in the process of conquering Deccan. Aside from Delhi, most of the Islamic sultanates had been defeated leaving only the Timurids as the main heathen threat to an otherwise Hindi South Asian sub-continent. As Baluchistan was essentially the gateway into India, the major Indian powers saw fit to send me war subsidies every time the Timur truce was broken, which I believe was the only way I was able to survive the Timurid incursions. Eventually I allied with Vijaynagari, the undisputed powerhouse of India, and together we mopped up the rest of the central and northern South Asia including my former ally Rajputana. I shrewdly snapped up the necessary provinces to form the Mughal empire, although the fight for the final requisite province ended the decades long Vijaynagari-Baluchistan alliance (Vijaynagari was defender of the Hindu faith and Hindi Bihar controlled Agra, the province in question) and launched a bloody feud that would not end until Zoroastrian Baluchistan turned Mughal Empire absorbed the last of the South Asian provinces nearly two centuries later.

Sometime during this period, the Timurids had given up their nomadic ways (another MiscMods change) and were gradually being worn down by internal strife and a robust Golden Horde to the north. The Persians broke free, as did several other Timurid successor states which I promptly annexed up to the southern tip of the Caspian. The Persians were much more difficult to dislodge thanks to the uber rich Hormuz but being sandwiched between the mighty Jalayirids and Mughal Empire, they eventually succumbed and were finally annexed in the late 1600s.

In the West, the Kingdom of Jerusalem had conquered most of the Arabian Peninsula (and later, eastern damascus and mesopotamia, as evidenced by the Christian Syrian successor state), creating an opportunity for the Mughals to modernize fairly early on (late 16th century). I quickly annexed Najd which gave me a border to western tech country. Actually in this scenario, the Crusader states belong to the "Middle East" tech group, which while having 100% research rates are still behind in tech because they're isolated from the Western tech group. This means no sweet sweet massive neighbor bonuses due to the uber rich trading OPMs. I became acutely aware of this fact when eventually Brandenburg mid-17th century declared a crusade on me and arrived with a full 10 land and naval tech advantage over Jerusalem, and of course the Mughal Empire. Brandenburg snapped up the Vijayanagar successor states on the southern tip of India and while I was able to challenge them on the field, their overwhelmingly superior navy blockaded the subcontinent and out of war exhaustion I was forced to concede. For the next couple decades I focused my research solely on land and naval tech to close the gap then pursued a successful war that kicked the European barbarians out of South Asia, at least for the time being.

From their humble beginnings, the Zoroastrians are now masters of Persia and South Asia. Believing themselves to be the worthy successors of the ancient Zoroastrian empires, the Baluchistani nobility now, in the dawn of the 18th century, set out to finish what their ancestors failed to do over 2000 years ago: Conquer Greece.

England -> Anglo-French Union in MEIOU.

Screenshots taken in 1591.

Situation of Europe

The Anglo-French Holdings, plus current vassal states.

The political situation of the whole world

China is an absolute mess at the moment. Kinda sad, I was hoping that one of the dynasties would be blobbed over by now.

After I formed the Union, I made good use of my cores on Burgundy and conquered it, and ended up getting -all- of France into the Empire.

The Holy Roman Throne went from Bohemia to Austria and back to Bohemia recently, but Bohemia is starting to pass a bunch of reforms, so I'm worried at the moment.

Sweden -wrecked- Norway, and I assume that the only thing keeping it from eating Denmark entirely was the fact it was in a PU under me for a good while there.

Sometime in the late 1490s and early 1500s, the Ottomans came stupidly close to annexing the Romans. Since I'm a sucker for them, I plopped a guarantee on them, and soon enough the Ottomans declared war. In that war, I decided to 'liberate' a few states in Greece for my own use, and from there launched many crusades into the Levant, eventually conquering Jerusalem and releasing it via event, and eventually vassalizing it peacefully.

In the late 1580s I finally got QFTNW, and to my surprise I'm pretty sure I was the -first- colonial state, as I found all of the Caribbean to be unclaimed. I went on a colonizing spree, and all of South America is pretty much mine now due to locking Europe out.

Current size of my Zoroastrian Baluchistan --> Zoroastrian Mughal Empire campaign under MiscMod's alt-history Peace of God scenario.

*snip*
For reference, here's the 1399 Zoroastrian Baluchistan start and 1399 religion map in Miscmod's Peace of God Scenario:
*snip*

*text chunk snip*
That's an interesting Europe you've got there. Who was the dominant Emperor? It's actually hard to tell since all three of those superpowers are equally large.

ok, here's my Gaelic Constitutional Republic (unmodded 5.1 very hard, low aggressivity) as of 1821 - not too impressive but because of roleplaying I prefered enacting settlement policies in Britain above colonizing.

europe:

bretoneupol.jpg

income:

bretonincome.jpg

world:
eu3mapbri182012311.jpg

notable facts:
- Europe has mostly reasonable borders with the exception of Bohemia and recently broken up Sweden. I had little to do with the borders though since I only have Holland and Naples as vassals in Europe (with the former being prefered by me to form Neteherlands but because of that Burgundy I dropped the idea...)
- catholic christianity triumphed over the reformation AND the muslims too with the lack of any notable protestant country and Mali, Persia, my ally Hedjaz and OPM Ottomans being the only muslim countries in the world.
- there used to be a huge Yemeni Empire on the entire Arabic Peninsula and Eastern Africa but some hundred years ago they were repeatedly beaten to dust by the English.
- there used to be a huge Rajputi Empire too but they had the same fate when they got borders with our little friend, Bohemia.
- weird nations:
Venice entirely relocated to South America
Canada in Canada, USA in the USA, Quebec in Quebec and even La Plata in La Plata
...though Luisiana is on a Caribbean Island and Mexico is next to Lake Michigan

and my favourite: the Protestant Administrative Republic of Brunei:sleep:

oh, and a bonus picture:

just in time :)

algierswesternize.jpg

That's an interesting Europe you've got there. Who was the dominant Emperor? It's actually hard to tell since all three of those superpowers are equally large.

Cathar Burgundy has held onto the seat for some time now :blink:

Although they're currently at war with France and all of northern Germany including Brandenburg so I'm not sure how that'll pan out.

That's a very nice Brittany game. I wanted to do something similar but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Here's my Morocco with D&T 3.4:

cxJim.jpg

I didn't mess with Europe or anything, just tried to colonize down the African coast (Yea I know, dumb idea, poor provinces and lots and effin' grain but hey). Notice Aragon making a nice comeback and England being dismantled by Scotland and Wales.

Cathar Burgundy has held onto the seat for some time now :blink:

Although they're currently at war with France and all of northern Germany including Brandenburg so I'm not sure how that'll pan out.
Ha, that's wicked! You gotta share screenshots when that feud's over with.

1821, Hindustan
EU3_MAP_HIN_182112_8.jpg

Europe has been ripping itself into pieces over the entire game. I formed Hindustan very early in the game. Since then, crazy things have happened. As of 1821, the world's number one economy is by far Hindustan, and the second is Oman. Europe is a mess. At one time Castille was an opm with the rest of Iberia split between Portugal, Ottomans, and Granada. Ottomans pushed all the way to Vienna, and ruled a huge chunk of eastern Europe before getting beat back. Bohemia has been 2 steps from forming the HRE for over 200 years. Most of the new world is dominated by Europeans that have been banished from the old world.
My domination of trade is total
2011-10-05_00008.jpg

My tech lead is hilarious, especially as I wasn't even trying to tech efficiently
2011-10-05_00003.jpg

Yeah it is a weird world. I kind of want to clean it up for a Victoria 2 play through.
2011-10-05_00002.jpg