+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 659 FirstFirst ... 368 393 418 443 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 493 518 543 568 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,360 of 13171

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by JesterCorp1990 View Post
    This was my first game, so I decided to start as someone easy. You don’t get much easier than Castille.
    4. Apparently North Africa is more stable than Iberia? O_o Dunno what that was about, but really Iberia began to revolt in large numbers. North Africa was my only solid front without rebellions. Actually, if I go back to the game, I might sacrifice large portions of Iberia to keep North Africa as my new base.
    North Africa is easy to control because it has no value and very small population. When there are rebellions, they will never be big. Rebellion size is dependent upon the population and/or base tax value. Can't remember which, but Africa had little of either. If you gave up Spain for north Africa you would be quite the fool indeed. You may have just been very lucky if there were no rebels at all.

To lower infamy very quickly, release vassals. Especially those in big regions with lots of low value provinces, such as Scandinavia and North Africa. In retrospect, that really would have saved you there. -2 BB per province released.

You never mentioned your cassus belli in any of those wars. You know, you can take provinces for much less than 4 BB, and you won't take a stability hit, if you have a proper CB. The best one is Holy War. Of course the regions you will expand into will usually be dirt poor, but it is a good, low infamy way to expand nonetheless.

On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    So, I went from a humble Baltic empire...

To this ungodly mass due to inheriting my old enemies of Sweden (along with Denmark, who was my faithful ally before I failed to stop the Swedes from conquering them). It wouldn't be such a big deal, but as this is only my second EU3 game ever, and my first as a colonial empire...

I've already reach my quota on crappy land. So as amusing as this is, it's not worth the two extra years it'll now take me to tech. The only question is how I go about breaking this all up. I've already sold Viborg off to my ally Finland, and plan to sell them the rest of their cores, too. I can't just release Denmark at the moment, as that'll take Gotland away from me, and I'll be damned if I've had a settlement policy active there for 120 years just to see it pass from my realm. But if I only release Sweden (and probably Pskov), I'll lose out on potentially claiming the Sound Toll for myself. Oh, and Novgorod probably isn't getting jack from me. I'll sale Olonets, Kola, and Archangelsk to Finland for pennies before I give those jerks a bleeding thing.

On the plus side, I think I'll hang on to Estonia. Estland has a respectable population (though I need to convert em', and getting a core in both may make Estonian an accepted religion...), and Ingermanland is already pumping out cash from its fur supplies. That, and I already had Osel so it rounds my borders out a bit, though those jerks in Riga are being, well, jerks... by existing.

Just an absolute mess, though, and absolutely any advice on how to go about slicing up this mess is appreciated. I'd much rather have some giant vassals than a bunch of (mostly) crappy land in Scandinavia.

Steamroller is always good for a kick. Balkan France was my doing. Cheeky bastards shouldn't have vassalized Navarre the year before I got the core from forming Spain. (I released Toulouse and Guyenne on the first war along with cancelling the vassalization, thinking that I'd have a more stable border in Europe and be able to focus on crusading my way to China. What I didn't count on was France staying allied with Navarre. When I realized I could exploit this opportunity to release Normandy and Auvergne, thereby ensuring France was good and dead as a major power, I couldn't pass it up.)

Amusing anecdote: I had a 7/9/8 queen on the throne for 35 years in the early 1400s. The only time I've ever cheered for such a good ruler to die. I can only dream of what might have been had she inherited Aragon on her ascent to the throne instead of passing it on to her son.

And to any curious onlookers: Yes, 1480s, no exploration yet. My national ideas are Shrewd Commerce Practice, National Trade Policy, and Military Drill. They've served me better than Quest for the New World could have by now. I'll pick it up later; absorbing Portugal from two Border Wars (seriously, putting the National Focus in Beira was bad enough, putting it in isolated Algarve and giving me a no-stab annexation right afterward?), watching England get blown up by revolutionary Wales and Balkanizing France pretty much shut down the first-tier colonizers, so as long as I don't get too lazy I can delay colonizing in favor of African and Asian crusading.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Update on my Brunswick > Westphalia game:

PUs over: Brandenburg
    Vassals: Friesland, Pomerania-Wolgast, Papal States (previously Wurzburg), Ansbach, Schwyz
    (I'm also allied with Austria )

Quote Originally Posted by President_Eden View Post
    (Long post)
    (Picture)
    I see Ireland.Guarantee their independce and send them all your cash I say, that's what I always do when they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Comradebot View Post
    So, I went from a humble Baltic empire...

Just curiosity, who is that in north-west Spain?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Basquetard View Post
    Just curiosity, who is that in north-west Spain?
    Looks like Galicia.
    Yeezy Yeezy how you do it hyah

Oh! Does it is exists in DW? Awsome! (I play Vanilla and it does not exist)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband500k club

This was my first game, so I decided to start as someone easy. You don’t get much easier than Castille.
    snip
    It sounds like Scandinavia had no fleet to carry their army around? Vassals that border you are great because they will get rid of your rebels during wars

Also: KHAAAAAAAN

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

How did you survive the Ming blob? Or did you play with a mod that gave them a chance?
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    How did you survive the Ming blob? Or did you play with a mod that gave them a chance?
    I finally made them pay tribute after 70 years of full minting

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It helps to have powerful vassals though. In my HRE game, I've got several power-house vassals. I'm also slowly achieving vassalized colonies (USA and Brazil so far, in historical place! )
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

2. Vassals as large as Scandinavia and allies are useless when you actually need them. In my minor wars against North Africa, early Sweden/Denmark, Portugal, and Aragon where I did not need much help, my allies were more than willing to show up. In my one major war where it was virtually the “end all”, I fought for 7 years against an opponent that outnumbered me 3 to 1. My biggest ally, Prussia ditched me and then Pommerania and Scandinavia never showed up. My discovery? Never get involved in a war you can’t win yourself. Which I still came out tied with the Ottomans, but I couldn’t spare resources to fight the rebels because of it. This resulted in my downfall.
    I'm on my first game, too, and I have to agree with this. I spent years cultivating Hungary as an ally. Just had Scandinavia declare war on me (again), and Hungary promptly ditched me, leaving me to fend for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincleric View Post
    North Africa is easy to control because it has no value and very small population. When there are rebellions, they will never be big. Rebellion size is dependent upon the population and/or base tax value. Can't remember which, but Africa had little of either. If you gave up Spain for north Africa you would be quite the fool indeed. You may have just been very lucky if there were no rebels at all.

To lower infamy very quickly, release vassals. Especially those in big regions with lots of low value provinces, such as Scandinavia and North Africa. In retrospect, that really would have saved you there. -2 BB per province released.

You never mentioned your cassus belli in any of those wars. You know, you can take provinces for much less than 4 BB, and you won't take a stability hit, if you have a proper CB. The best one is Holy War. Of course the regions you will expand into will usually be dirt poor, but it is a good, low infamy way to expand nonetheless.
    Thanks for all the advice. ^.^ In retrospect, it seems I made quite a few mistakes. Time to choose someone new and try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Comradebot View Post
    (pommeranian sweden)
    Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Mods View Post

You've revived the Mongol Empire and then some! This image is now a favorite .
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Basquetard View Post
    Oh! Does it is exists in DW? Awsome! (I play Vanilla and it does not exist)
    It does exist in Vanilla, but only as a releasable/revolter country. So if you're playing vanilla and want to see Galicia, just kick some Castillians until they agree to release Galicia.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Very nice.

Very VERY nice.
    Gaijin

Looks like Divine Wind didnt saved Japan this time.
    I like how you captured Granada and Cape, good job Sir.

+ Reply to Thread