+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 659 FirstFirst ... 324 349 374 399 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 449 474 499 524 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 13173

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Nice images of huge empires!

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    50% inflation?

Forsake all hope!
    I might keep trucking along, see how far I get. Maybe turn this into an AAR. Or wait and play through another Georgia game or two, perfect my strategy to the point where I don't have to rely on minting. It'd help if they had a decent Mercantilism vs Free Trade slider. :P

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    This... is amazing.
    The 50% inflation or the fact that I'm still alive? :P

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Just F12 will take the entire world.
    Nah, F12 would just toggle the wireless. Fn+F12 worked, though.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Rauchen View Post
    Nah, F12 would just toggle the wireless. Fn+F12 worked, though.
    In mine that sends the laptop to sleep. I'm glad you got it to work
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Sure, it's not a world conquest, but in my Switzerland game I had a pretty amazing start where I immediately got a few vassals and just kept spreading, so in 1821 the wonderful Democracy of Switzerland has many cantons all over the world, including the very happy Chihan rebel cantons.

The world is pretty crazy, too.

The yellow blob all over Sibir is Bohemian Asia, the sandy one is Persia, the purple blob is Byzantium. Other honorable mentions are Denmark and many minors, like Genoa and Catalunya, who moved to South America.
    Last edited by Velociturtle; 12-06-2012 at 20:43.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Nice to see Byzantium trying to reclaim its lost territories.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Rauchen View Post
    The 50% inflation or the fact that I'm still alive? :P
    The fact that you're still alive xD
    Gaijin

Say hello to the Kingdom of Lorraine! Imperial Administration is available, but the king refuses to adopt the title of Emperor.
    (regarding the first pic: apparently they don't kid when they say converting to .bmp might cause loss of color info)

Lorraine has France, Oldenburg, and Thuringia in Personal Unions. France has been in a personal union for about 60-70 years. Three-province Brandenburg was inherited at one point, but Brandenburgian Nationalists have seized eastern Brandenburg from their Austrian owners, the only part of Brandenburg proper not inherited by Lorraine.

Lorraine has the world's largest army, numbered at 110,000 soldiers with a healthy tactical mix of infantry and cavalry. On top of Lorraine's large army, Lorraine's vassals - which number somewhere between ten and twenty vassals - each have around 5,000 troops or so, besides the Hansa and Bavaria whose economies can support over 10,000 troops.

Lorraine has claimed victory over several strong nations, such as Austria (who has been defeated about 5 times), Milan, Castille and others.

In the victory over Castille, Lorrainian troops didn't do anything. Rather, French and vassal troops conquered Castille in the name of Lorraine, allowing Lorraine to extract large amounts of cash from the Castillian treasury and force the release of Granada (who might be Catholic now - I am unsure), Galicia, and Navarra, who used the opportunity of a weak Castille to recover lands soon afterwards.

Lorraine's heavy taxation and trading prowess, along with the seizure of Austrian gold mines and Italian salt mines, gives her the most income in the world. Over the next century, a plan will be carried out to diplomatically annex individual German states. It's possible Lorraine will forsake her Burgandian-French heritage to claim itself ruler of all Germanic peoples and carry out conquests to protect the German people in central Europe.

In other news, Danzig became quite large and annexed Poland at one point. Lorraine rectified that.
    Last edited by ajsciri4; 13-06-2012 at 00:43.

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    The fact that you're still alive xD
    It might not last much longer, since I'm now 4 tech levels behind Latin tech and 3 behind the Ottomans and Eastern Europe. I rely on Azab Infantry from my Ottoman territories and Eastern Steppe Cavalry from my horde territories to survive, since Eastern Medieval Inf. and Eastern Knights kinda suck. The fact that you can only hire one Master of Mint at a time in DW makes this a pain...no more -.51 inflation from three MoMs, max Centralization, and National Bank. I wish your leader's ADM skill would provide a certain inflation reduction, maybe -.1 or -.05 per level.

I'm going to see how far I can get. Maybe I can burn up this inflation, catch up at least to Eastern European tech. If nothing else, I'll always be able to expand east.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ajsciri4 View Post
    Lorraine's heavy taxation and trading prowess, along with the seizure of Austrian gold mines and Italian salt mines, gives her the most income in the world. Over the next century, a plan will be carried out to diplomatically annex individual German states. It's possible Lorraine will forsake her Burgandian-French heritage to claim itself ruler of all Germanic peoples and carry out conquests to protect the German people in central Europe.
    Is it possible for you to become France (when you inherit) and then Germany? Or you just plan on becoming HRE?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Quote Originally Posted by Rauchen
    I wish your leader's ADM skill would provide a certain inflation reduction, maybe -.1 or -.05 per level.
    -.1 per level? :O a 9 admin ruler would be nine times more effective than national bank

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Is it possible for you to become France (when you inherit) and then Germany? Or you just plan on becoming HRE?
    I could do that if I wanted, but then I'd have to reclaim all of current France's vassals and diploannex them too and wait for the cores to form France. Then I'd have to release those vassals after forming France and give them Cosmopolitaine land so that a Germanic culture is my primary culture, diploannex all of my current Germanic vassals (which will take another century because I'd have to do the French vassals first) get cores on them, move my capital to somewhere in Germany and form Germany. It's a lot of work to form two large nations like France and Germany in the same game. I don't plan on forming the HRE ever. There's an AAR in the EU3 LibrAARy under "multiple countries" where one gentleman tries to form all possible nations. Quite an interesting read, I suggest you check it out. (edit: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ag-hopping-ARR)

EDIT: nevermind, I just realized that France already annexed most of their vassals, so I'd inherit and get cores on the vassal's territory anyway. However, with all those cores, I couldn't sell land needed to have German as the primary culture of the nation.
    Last edited by ajsciri4; 13-06-2012 at 00:55.

Back with a Brandeburg -> Prussia -> (eventually) Germany game in D&T.

Those scattered little Prussian... enclaves... are largely from PU inheritances from Milan, Bavaria, Oldenburg, Luxembourg (oh, the irony), and Hesse. I will, of course, continue to absorb other HRE members so that my borders aren't so... goofy.

In any case, I have most of the electors vassalized, and the position of Holy Roman Emperor is all but assured, which, unlike my first Brandenburg -> Prussia game, is a good thing because one of the ways of forming Germany in D&T involves being the Emperor. Most (~3/4th) of the empire has converted (forcefully or otherwise. Mostly the former) to Protestantism.

Biggest rivals have been the usual: Bohemia (now mostly neutered), Austria (pretty much neutered after a brief period of expansion-through-inheritances. They would've expanded into France, had the Emperor [read: me] not decided to attack them, ostensibly to 'free' Tirol and Switzerland.), Poland (that territory hungary has out east? used to be poland's), and Lithuania (...they guaranteed everybody back in the day.) The only unusual rival has been Hungary, and only because of guarantees & defender of the faith hijinks.

Oh, and there was France, who tried to invade the HRE a while back. It... did not go very well for them. Just prussia alone would've been a match for them, and I'd already vassalized ~1/2 the empire by then, so... yeah, sucked to be them. Didn't even catch a break after the war, given that Austria immediately went after them with their full military power (~100k troops at the time, I think) while they had something like... 15k total. Would have been bad for both me and France had Austria expanded any more, so... yeah, I intervened

World Map...

...those freaking Chobanids. And Novgorod.

And China... well, china's a complete mess.

Oh, and the Aztecs are still around, somehow. They're Catholic and using a government other than Tributary Empire.

Me + my vassals...

Quote Originally Posted by ajsciri4 View Post
    -.1 per level? :O a 9 admin ruler would be nine times more effective than national bank
    Fair point, I didn't think that through too well. -.01 or -.02 would probably be better.

Silesian Republic (Brandeburg,Moldavia and Pommeria are my vassals)

First war against Bohemia was fun, OPM against emperor with 60 k army.

After war of liberation :

How did you do that?

I've tried like 4 times but always got bored before they got beaten hard enough to rebel successfully.

Land tech advantage can make wonders.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    French Asia, never seen that before to be honest.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Trier! What in blazes are you doing!? You're not supposed to be that ambitious! Get back into your two-province state where you belong!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    Trier! What in blazes are you doing!? You're not supposed to be that ambitious! Get back into your two-province state where you belong!
    At least they haven't eaten Iceland yet. They always manage to do that in my games...

Though seriously, good job reminding us that Silesia is a playable country Swistaczek!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

^ "Iceland"? "Always"? Truly? That is hilarious.

And every country is playable. :P. Prawnstar, the AAR god, has proven that.

Every country in HRE is easy,simple strategy : Trade, get rich, get land tech advantage, conquer all.

+ Reply to Thread