+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 659 FirstFirst ... 317 342 367 392 407 415 416 417 418 419 427 442 467 492 517 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 13164

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

After a series of vicious crusades, the Russian Empire stands astride the Black Sea triumphant over Johnny Turk and the Mohammedans of Araby. I'm not sure where I should bother going after I finally recover the stability from modernizing the military though. Carve my way through India, maybe?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreslol View Post
    After a series of vicious crusades, the Russian Empire stands astride the Black Sea triumphant over Johnny Turk and the Mohammedans of Araby. I'm not sure where I should bother going after I finally recover the stability from modernizing the military though. Carve my way through India, maybe?
    Persia.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Heres my FIRST game with a Balkan country (Byz not included), real close to my real life home, The Bosnian Kingdom (soon to be Empire i hope):

And a bit zoomed out screenie:

First, thanks to Hungary attacking me when i was low on manpower, i was reduced from 5 province minor, into a 2 province minor, however i managed to agro my way out, attacking small Serbian principalities in the buffer zone between myself and Ottomans, until i was powerful enough to join a gangbang wagon against Hungary to take my vengeance. Sadly, it didnt quite work out, 20+ province Hungary peaced out with most big war participants almost immediately, and as if that wasnt enough Lithuania and Portugal join their side, needless to say i realized it was a lost war, so i gave up on defending my home and instead proceeded to devastate Croatia (junior partner in union with Hungary). Then i realized that the union between HUN and CRO had dissolved, conveniently allowing me to vassalize already besieged Croatia, while Lithuania, Portugal and a bunch of others raped my homeland. Luckily AI was dumb enough to accept 25 ducats peace offer (probably because success with Croatia counted as high war score or something) so i was able to gain something (4 province vassal) out of that war, despite 3 of my cores still in Hungarian hands. I spent next few years carefully forging my alliances with Galich, Poland, Moldavia and Wallachia (+Naples), so once i dowed Hungary again (fools kept closing their CoT right after they lost a war) we had enough power to kick their butts, hence me owning that small blob going towaed Budapest (i think provinces of Somogy and Pecs, with Pecs being CoT ).

Sometime after, somehow, Serbia revolted from POWERFUL Ottomans, without declaring war or being forcereleased (its either something to do with 5.2 exe or i slightly overdid new slider-triggered rebel-spawning events) which meant WAAAAGH!!!111 despite me not having any CB and taking -2 -2 stability. I grabbed 2 provinces from Serbia and then force released Montenegro where i had core + declared war on MON asap taking more stab hits, but it was worth it, MON didnt have chance to make any alliances.

Anyway, i just answered a Two Sicilies CoA (fromed by lucky Naples), however, despite having France on our side, we got our butts kicked by Spanish led mega alliance. Im still alive and kicking after annexing my loyal vassal Croatia, and i think i might survive it, because Ottomans made one HUGE mistake, they never attacked me, now that i have over 30 units and stable economy, they probably wont have an easy time

Tell me if you want close up on any area.
    Там тебе привольней, песня…
    Ты туда и улетай!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

First time playing Balkan country!!!??? :0
    "No. It is my sole ambition in life to go around forums and give false information to new people like op!" - cacra

Return of the Spartiates - An EU:Rome Spartan AAR - On Hold
    - Nominated winner of AAR weekly showcase Feb. 16, 2014

Jackals! Vultures! Lord Finnish's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wriener View Post
    First time playing Balkan country!!!??? :0
    I haven't played as one - ever. Not in any Paradox game to be honest.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I didn't expect it as his first time playing one though, especially since his name has "Danubian" in it.
    "No. It is my sole ambition in life to go around forums and give false information to new people like op!" - cacra

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Finnish Empire in D&T.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4428/megafin.jpg

Started game in 1358 and released Finland via event. Started making a merchant superpower of it and for a few years I dominated world trade and besides obvious ones like Chinaware and Tobacco I was the leading trader in all goods. Since lost most of them though and I've had a hard time trading.
    Got really lucky on both west and east. Golden Horde whacked Russia and they kept accepting my concession of defeat every time they came to my border. When they eventually fell I colonized former Novgorod and got their CoT (also had my own). Sweden I just got through PU - their low legitimacy monarch died and my 90-something old monarch rose to their throne. I quickly whacked Teutonic Order in a war to boost up my prestige and wham. I have the world's largest income though Mamluks and Portugal are catching up.

EDIT: Thanks to spy mission now Holstein is also under me in PU, inheritance upon monarch death.
    Last edited by Lord Finnish; 07-06-2012 at 13:43.
    Mod:

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by wriener View Post
    I didn't expect it as his first time playing one though, especially since his name has "Danubian" in it.
    I pretty much only play as Moscovy, France, Brandenburg and Castille/England for colonization. For example, never played as Portugal (shocking i know), Granada, Aragon or Burgundy XD

But yeah, despite being native to Balkan region, i never played as any country over here (apart from Byz and Ottomans). Watching vanilla's mutilated and misshaped Serbia hurts my eyes, Bulgaria does not exist and Bosnia is pretty much the same as Serbia. Even after i created MPM, playing as Serbia never felt "right", i always feared that i wont be able to resist from adding something that would make them OP XD
    Там тебе привольней, песня…
    Ты туда и улетай!

That's a jizztastic Finland, makes me think of SatW, especially since a friend of mine got me into it a few days ago.

My Empire:

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	727.8 KB
ID:	55698

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_HRE_1689.10.7_1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	890.7 KB
ID:	55699

Austria -> HRE in 1502 -> Try to conquer whole europe, without colonialization or something like that.

A Proud Grandson of a Navvy LYNCHY's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivnivnius View Post
    My Empire:

Attachment 55698

Attachment 55699

Austria -> HRE in 1502 -> Try to conquer whole europe, without colonialization or something like that.
    Who is the other red in britain?
    ن

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    Finnish Empire in D&T.

That is incredible, Lord Finnish . Great work.
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Who is the other red in britain?
    It's England, revolted from GB, which was formed by Scottland

Persia's Government is also a little bit strange: They became a khaganate - dont ask me how - and then conquered the Arabian peninsula back from Castille. Korea also do very well. I've never seen a Korea like that. It's actually one of the most strangest game I've ever played...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    That is incredible, Lord Finnish . Great work.
    Thanks

I have since ran into two big problems - Delhi and Lithuania. Yes that's right Delhi is sharing border with Finland. They conquered areas all the way to Archangelsk, which I retook in a crusade but Lithuania stabbed me in the back and attacked me. After tens of thousands dead and 19 WE I finally managed to white peace them after their allies bailed out even they were occupying my Russian possessions. Need to prepare for further wars with those fools...

So far I have whatever in that picture, plus Archangelsk and that one east of it (looks nice on map), a few islands in America and what once was Holstein. Income 5,000 ducats which is the largest, second one being GB with about 3,000 who I am allied with (both being protestant). Had Lithuania not attacked me I could have forced Norway into PU with me but now that I need to spend the next 5 years stomping down rebels and WE it will have to wait.
    Mod:

AAR:

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Yes that's right Delhi is sharing border with Finland. They conquered areas all the way to Archangelsk
    pics pls
    Gaijin

Blog Entries
    Update on Finland game.
    My series of awesome luck continues. I was almost taken over in American colonization by Britain, but they in a massive stroke of stupid:
    1) First converted to Protestant, and converted all their empire accordingly.
    2) Re-converted to Catholicism, did NOT re-convert.
    3) Let their empire fall to revolts, five of their American colonies defected to me.
    4) They kept DoWing the Incas luring Aragon to excommunciate them and maul them to death. The British Empire has effectively been destroyed.

Europe. Note that I am leading PU with Norway and Northumbria.
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4428/megafin.jpg

American possessions.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6...finamerika.jpg

Note that since I am leading PU with Norway I will be getting Canada soon. I don't want it though, probably just going to sell it or something. Looks very ugly on map.

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    pics pls
    Posted in Strange Screenshots thread
    Mod:

AAR:

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Note that since I am leading PU with Norway I will be getting Canada soon. I don't want it though, probably just going to sell it or something. Looks very ugly on map.
    Feels bad man
    “Whenever the Germans found the Canadian Corps coming into the line they prepared for the worst.”
    -British Prime Minister David Lloyd George

1 Student
    Nationality: Anglo Canadian
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Democratic
    Issues: Pro Military
    Militancy: 0 (+0)
    Consciousness: 9 (+1.63)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperhawkZ View Post
    Feels bad man

No offense.
    Mod:

AAR:

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

No offence, but I don't think your empire has very pretty borders as it is :P

+ Reply to Thread