+ Reply to Thread
Page 398 of 659 FirstFirst ... 298 323 348 373 388 396 397 398 399 400 408 423 448 473 498 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by pacio1962 View Post

Lawl

-Epic Scandinavia
    -(not) Epic France
    -Epic Poland , still in PU with Lithuania xD
    -Sardinia-Piedmont formed
    -Yes , Aztec, Maya, Inca, Catholic and Westernized
    -Yes, Maya inherited Portugal
    I must absolutely see a world map of those monstrosities.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Epic Aztec conquest of english america!
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

1472 - My Poland game so far. I'm surprised at the ease of expansion. If you immediately peace-out against the Golden Horde - you buy yourself more than enough time and space to expand - the tribute is *easily* worth it. I dominate trade in all but unreachable Samarkand [I've used every slider move towards Free Trade to get some ducats into tech]. I got a claim on Novgorod, which was an absolute touch. For the most part expansion has come through inheritance/diplo-annex.

Somewhat stuck for ideas now though. I don't really want to expand any further east... Yet west doesn't seem all that interesting either. I think that at the very least I'll have to disembowel Austria for the sake of it. Any ideas?

A few things of note:
    Bohemia is in a union under Muscovy
    Byzantium took Rome of it's own accord, lost Constantinople to Genoa, and was reborn on Naxos.

Quote Originally Posted by pacio1962 View Post

Lawl

-Epic Scandinavia
    -(not) Epic France
    -Epic Poland , still in PU with Lithuania xD
    -Sardinia-Piedmont formed
    -Yes , Aztec, Maya, Inca, Catholic and Westernized
    -Yes, Maya inherited Portugal
    Maya didn't Westernize neither did it inherit Portugal, that's from an old version of D&T, Portugal formed Maya.

You can see that Maya's primary culture is Portuguese and their queen is Portuguese named and from a Portuguese dynasty.

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Played my Knights game to the end. All my provinces are catholic. I have no vassals.

I did my best to spread the Maltese culture! Sadly I didn't have enough time to assimilate all provinces. Anatolia still resists after hundreds of years of my settlement policy

Back with a Holland -> Netherlands game. In contrast to my previous games, I decided to focus mainly on trade & colonization this time around, and I think I've done fairly well for myself. I've started or gotten dragged into a few wars, but have otherwise managed to stay out of trouble. First, my glorious homeland...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	53921
    Naturally, most of my homeland cores are highly developed, though I've somewhat neglected them for the past ~20 years, if only because I had some colonies to improve. Speaking of colonies...

Name:	EU3_MAP_NED_1604.5.10_2.png
Views:	132
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	53919
    Missed out on Brazil, but took most of the Island in the Caribbean. I also managed to snag most of the islands in the Atlantic, somehow. The Caribbean islands are... decently built-up, though most of their development has been economic in nature. The vast majority of my Caribbean holdings are cores now.

I've slowly been working my way towards the East Indies, as my Southern African provinces imply, and I've only recently gained the colonization range to get a foothold there.

Finally, the world faction view...

Name:	EU3_MAP_NED_1604.5.10_1.png
Views:	126
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	53920
    France inherited Castille/Spain sometime... before 1557. After that, they went completely nuts, somehow gaining territory in India. And Persia... well, Persia's somehow made their way to southern Hokkaido. And don't even get me started on England's... hijinks in the Balkan Peninsula.

So yeah... fun, generally easy-going game, but my primary goals--forming the netherlands, monopolizing most of Europe's CoT's, and reaching the East Indies--have all been achieved, so I'm not sure whether or not I'll continue with it.

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    1472 - My Poland game so far. I'm surprised at the ease of expansion. If you immediately peace-out against the Golden Horde - you buy yourself more than enough time and space to expand - the tribute is *easily* worth it. I dominate trade in all but unreachable Samarkand [I've used every slider move towards Free Trade to get some ducats into tech]. I got a claim on Novgorod, which was an absolute touch. For the most part expansion has come through inheritance/diplo-annex.

Somewhat stuck for ideas now though. I don't really want to expand any further east... Yet west doesn't seem all that interesting either. I think that at the very least I'll have to disembowel Austria for the sake of it. [B]Any ideas?[/B

A few things of note:
    Bohemia is in a union under Muscovy
    Byzantium took Rome of it's own accord, lost Constantinople to Genoa, and was reborn on Naxos.
    How did you paid tribute to horde? If you pay tribute to horde they start to eat lithuania isn't that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Castios View Post
    How did you paid tribute to horde? If you pay tribute to horde they start to eat lithuania isn't that true?
    Lithuania starts in a PU with Poland, so the tribute ends the war between the GH and Poland/Lithuania (only Poland pays, though).
    -Ruanek

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Nicely done there,sir. That is awesome!

Now relocate your capital!
    Thanks! I've actually seriously been considering it. I had another war against the Mamluks (got a "Conquer Sinai" mission), and now I've got eleven provinces over there, compared to two back home.

Does moving my capital out of the HRE mean that I am no longer an HRE member?

Quote Originally Posted by Xnaop View Post
    Thanks! I've actually seriously been considering it. I had another war against the Mamluks (got a "Conquer Sinai" mission), and now I've got eleven provinces over there, compared to two back home.

Does moving my capital out of the HRE mean that I am no longer an HRE member?
    You can't move your capital out of the HRE. You'd have to go through the HRE interface to officially leave it first if you really want to move your capital.
    -Ruanek

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

The World, 1428

The British Empire and it's puppets.

And no, that Trebizon is NOT natural, It was my doing. I decided that the Ottomans were not a good vassal to have, so I created two Greek puppets. A weak Byzantium, and a pure Anatolian Trebizon.

Yay me?
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    You can't move your capital out of the HRE. You'd have to go through the HRE interface to officially leave it first if you really want to move your capital.
    Hmmm... apparently I also have to get rid of my one province that's adjacent to my capital. Is there anything else I have to do?

Update, after a third middle eastern war (got the mission to attack Yemen):

(full size link here)

I'm itching to move. And Asia Minor is looking tempting.

Ooooh, and that "Aachener Asia" makes me hope that when I move, the province of Aachen will be labeled "Aachener Europe"!

Ooooh, and that "Aachener Asia" makes me hope that when I move, the province of Aachen will be labeled "Aachener Europe"!
    It should, if you own enough in the area (or have enough vassals around you) for your name to appear.
    -Ruanek

Wooooooo, the capital of Aachen is now in the Sinai Peninsula!

The main portion of Aachen (still says "Aachener Asia", but I imagine that will change come next month):

The ancestral homeland is looking lonely

Full size images here, here, and here.

I practically begged my neighbors (in Europe) to go to war with me so that I could get rid of the one province (Koln) that was attached to the old capital, but they just wouldn't take the bait. And nobody wanted to buy it, I couldn't release it, etc. Finally I got a trade dispute against Burgundy, and so went to war with them and then intentionally lost. I've got a core on Koln, though, and I intend to take it back

Back from moderation hell midget_roxx's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    How did you manage to get the ships?

Quote Originally Posted by midget_roxx View Post
    How did you manage to get the ships?
    Me? I didn't. I marched.

Here's a link to my first post about this, giving the gory details.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Me? I didn't. I marched.

This is absolutely hilarious. I hate that mission SO much.

Back from moderation hell midget_roxx's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Me? I didn't. I marched.

Hmm, very nice. How much inflation did you cop?

Quote Originally Posted by midget_roxx View Post
    Hmm, very nice. How much inflation did you cop?
    Not much - I think it got up to 0.2.

I think none during the initial conquest... I think I gained 0.1 when making a final push for 1000 ducats (needed to move the capital) - I had something like 941, and just finished a war (during which you're not allowed to move the capital), and didn't want to take the chance of someone declaring war on me before moving up to 1000 naturally. Depending on who that would be, it could have taken years and years, since I have no transports (and no ships at all on the Mediterranean).

I think I gained the other 0.1 while recovering stability immediately after moving the capital (it's a -4 stab hit).

+ Reply to Thread