+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 658 FirstFirst ... 277 302 327 352 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 402 427 452 477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 13158

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by scholar View Post
    There's nothing that says you have to play EU3 with the express goal of becoming the largest most powerful state in the game. I find, often enough, in my games I conquer a nice corner of Europe and find myself sitting and reacting to the world around me only very rarely making territorial gains. If all you do is conquer land the game becomes boring. I'd be more than proud to show off an 'Empire' of an all Mediterranean Kingdom, probably based in Crete, that has conquered all the islands and not one inch of the mainland, nor made a step into the new world.

Remember, its all about fun!
    Truth. But you are going to have a hard time because of this HRE if they go attack you.

Good luck with that HRE... I hope for your sake that they'll collapse, otherwise you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Truth. But you are going to have a hard time because of this HRE if they go attack you.
    How are those two things even relevant to each other?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbarnshack View Post
    Good luck with that HRE... I hope for your sake that they'll collapse, otherwise you're screwed.

How are those two things even relevant to each other?
    Well none. But i just agreed, and made a comment. Mostly i agreed that it is all about fun. Well even losing is fun if you can at least make some damage to the enemy.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Click image for larger version

Name:	French HRE.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	51631

France is the Emperor!

England is Scotland, thats Spain in half of Ireland, and it was Aragon who formed Spain (After beating the ever-living crap out of Castille at every chance it got). Portugal is all but gone, and France/HRE is the only colonial power at the moment. Golden Horde is about 3/4 occupied and getting hammered whenever truces wear off. Once the final unification of Western Europe is complete, including England (somehow), we march East... to more hordes >.>

Currently playing whack-a-rebellion (First time I've been overextended, and happened about 2min after unification), while fanging down churches left right and centre. Most of the buildings currently underway I inherited when Europe became all mine.

DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbarnshack View Post
    they did collapse Was looking forward to fighting them really. While its huge its also way behind in tech that should even the odds a bit.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Lauwrenzo View Post
    they did collapse Was looking forward to fighting them really. While its huge its also way behind in tech that should even the odds a bit.
    You got a screenshot of the resulting chaos?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    I see that you finished the English as well. When I conquered Castille and Aragon. Britian came conquering the whole of north africa, south France and Italy. They were getting bigger and bigger. One time i had to deal with them otherwise they would become too powerfull

By the way look how clean the New world is, when there is no Portugal, Castille or England.
    exactly and i want to keep it that way. i try to prevent anyone from growing too big. burhound already lost two wars and there are more to come.
    here's an updateClick image for larger version

Name:	gr11.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	51651 Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_GRA_1582.6.6_1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	790.1 KB
ID:	51652
    I probably won't be able to pacify poland soon enough before they meet the monstrous nogai and start their "Poznan-Vladivostok Highway" project. Sweden is also doing good recently. I already started to steal cores from denmark for my orkney based emirate of norway and released avignon as a vassal. having a Mufti Gregorius XIII is just epic.) Also Ottomans survived only because they became vassal od timur as a 3PM early in the game. they miraculously regained all of anatolia and freed themselves in that shape after timur failed. their european possessions are their recent conquests. shortly after that i force-PUed them.
    bosnia showed who's the boss in the balcans, of course.
    Fellow infected Zombie member

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post15689715

"We wants moaaaar icooooooons! *groan*"

No colonies. Suppose incas will have forts when you arrive.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    That's the whole point: You don't have to be the strongest nation in the world or even have to be able to fight them on even terms.

Here's another update of the United States of Byzantium:

The biggest change here is that France collapsed thus making my life that much easier! I'm also on par with the rest of Europe Tech wise! I also fought The First Great Balkan War and gained Serbia and Croatia.

This is my New World Empire. It's about twenty years old.
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Conquering all of Russia as a piece of crap one province minor seemed an insane endeavor. But it went better then i thought (mostly due to my overuse of patriotic rebells and the screwed up ingame rebel system).

Me and the crew (Poland (in PU with me) and Lithuania) are raising all kinds of hell. The only problem is that while i was busy gathering Russian provinces they split GH without me and i am now sort of late for the party. Guess will have to move further into Siberia where there are plenty of tribal countries ready to have their asses kicked.

Among other things on this screen - almost completely united France, screwed up Austria, Orthodox Teutonic Order, blobbing Denmark (which has still preserved the Kalmar Union so i guess it will go wacko all over HRE some day) and some Holy Hell in the Northern Italy.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hehehe a damn good job Nihtantuel
    Там тебе привольней, песня
    Ты туда и улетай!

OPM in MPM unite!

I played out a Luristan game, Very hard considering powerful nations all around)(Timurids and Ottomans)

Ladies and Gentlemen - be amazed as I have done something uniquely stupid yet awesome.

Byzantium -> Roman Empire -> Holy Roman Empire

And with great success!

Borders are ugly but, I have a PU with Hungary and Russia. Soon they'll get inherited. I'm planning on vassalizing TU peacefully but likely I'll have to force them. Lithuania is also my vassal.

Oh, and I did this with only two of my rulers as Holy Roman Emperors. This due in part to me deciding to use a majority of my territory as 'HRE' fodder - joining my cores with the HRE to gain me instant authority.

England and Iberia beware, you can't even trade with me and my 18 COTs.
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Won't you overextend when you inherit Russia?

my colonies in America will even it out hopefully.

It'll just depend.

Hopefully the inheriting will not cost me alot.
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

France is the Emperor!

England is Scotland, thats Spain in half of Ireland, and it was Aragon who formed Spain (After beating the ever-living crap out of Castille at every chance it got). Portugal is all but gone, and France/HRE is the only colonial power at the moment. Golden Horde is about 3/4 occupied and getting hammered whenever truces wear off. Once the final unification of Western Europe is complete, including England (somehow), we march East... to more hordes >.>

Currently playing whack-a-rebellion (First time I've been overextended, and happened about 2min after unification), while fanging down churches left right and centre. Most of the buildings currently underway I inherited when Europe became all mine.
    Wow! French HRE in about 100 years! How did you do that? How did you get that much authority in so little time? Plus, I guess you had to add the french provinces to the HRE...
    Anyways, good job!

Having to add provinces to the empire is a plus, since it gives IA

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

My English empire in 1442 on normal difficulty.

Once you actually take care of France, this is really easy, especially considering I got like 5 vassalization missions.

**In like 15 years, I also got Savoy and Genoa as vassals, inherited Portugal, and diploannexed Scotland. Good times....
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by GoWithTheFlo View Post
    Wow! French HRE in about 100 years! How did you do that? How did you get that much authority in so little time? Plus, I guess you had to add the french provinces to the HRE...
    Anyways, good job!
    After I got a HRE join on Ile-De-France, I realised I was now a member state. I had a large-ish treasury and abundance of diplo's. Mass bribing of electors, couple of inherited emperors and a lot of reclamation wars. These OPM's sure seem to like invading each other, and the Emperor does not stand for this. I also took a gamble and when the Horde said "Here, have a croatian province back" I said "Huh, looks more like a FRENCH province to me.". As all the other times I handed it back, only to watch it get munched by the Horde again. Took a slight unlawful BB hit, but the other bonuses balanced it out and re-colonising and releasing Transylvania and Bosnia also helped my IA.

The horde war was amusing as all sin as my vassals decided to trek across Europe to invade the Horde for me. I then managed to play the back-and-forth game with authority until I became sole Emperor and they all got vassalised just in time for the Reformation. Force-converts pushed me over the edge

Honestly though, mostly luck. I've not been playing that long, I more looked at the mere possiblity and went "Yeah, why not. Let's give it a whirl."

+ Reply to Thread