+ Reply to Thread
Page 374 of 659 FirstFirst ... 274 299 324 349 364 372 373 374 375 376 384 399 424 449 474 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 13173

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    You should not allow ukraine to be spawned.
    Okay, I gotta ask this but what does it matter if Ukraine spawns or not? Isn't it actually better if they do spawn, so Poland can take advantage of their likely tribal government with the Tribal Conquest CB? Heck, you should actually butter them up! Help them build up, then backstab them later on and take Ukrainian lands for cheap infamy!

Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    Okay, I gotta ask this but what does it matter if Ukraine spawns or not? Isn't it actually better if they do spawn, so Poland can take advantage of their likely tribal government with the Tribal Conquest CB? Heck, you should actually butter them up! Help them build up, then backstab them later on and take Ukrainian lands for cheap infamy!
    *Look at your comment. Look at your flag.*

I see !

Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    Ukraine spawns when Lithuania is torn apart. Andat the beginning of the game Poland is in PU with Lithuania. So if you allow Ukraine to spawn, you loose land that you would be able to gain peacefully by just annexing Lithuania.

In my game Lithuania broke into three countries - Lithuania "proper", Polotsk and Ukraine. I annexed Lithuania (two wars) and half of Polotsk (other half went to Ukraine and Polotsk have only one province left). Now only Poland and Ukraine matters there. Ukraine is too big (9 provinces) to be taken in one war (I have high infamy), so I'll have to spend some time and at least two wars to conquer them.

So it's much harder and time consuming than holding Lithuania in PU and annexing them peacefully. At least harder for a new player.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

@Voltigeurs: I'm not exactly sure what just happened I'm supposed to be seeing . . . real-life conquest of Native Americans? If so, my evil, cunning gameplay ways do not reflect my real-world opinions.

@Aquila: Oooh, Ukraine's a splinter of Lithuania? You know, for some reason, I've never actually noticed that. Alright, now I understand where Iwanow was coming from. I should really play a nation in that part of the world. >.>.

Well, there's that too, but I'm mostly refering to the dictators america created in foreign countries before invading them like sadam in irak(poor lad got invaded twice by its former employer)

Then again, I guess that's a british trait, fund your enemy enemy and when he's no longer any use, rape him...or sparkle a cold war if you funded him too much

Shining Exemple : British funding of french enemies during the napoleonic era

Bad Exemple : American aid to Soviet Union during World War II

Welcome to The United States of Byzantium!

While I haven't expanded much geographically, the USB(lol) is on the cusp of a golden age! but we are not without threats and one of the last major acts of the old imperial administration was to modernize our education system to be competitive with Western Europe. As you can tell we have a resurgent Austria on our hands, and while the Habsburgs in Vienna try to lull us back to sleep with false promises that they were just reclaiming lost territory, we know better than to trust a German... Also notice France; who holds Italian territory rightfully ours, and Spain; who recently formed from Castillia(1495) also holds old territory claimed by Justinian the first. Hungary, while not the threat it used to be nevertheless still holds lands rightfully ours in eastern Croatia. Also on the northern beaches of the Black Sea bestrides Poland. Future targets for rightful(and easy) expansion are: Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Aquila, Milan, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, and Switzerland. Tuscany and Siena aren't on the list because they help my tech advancement.
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

And now I've basically (when I get that damn inovation down and decrease my war exhaustion) declared myself Caesar of half the world. Two PUs with both Hungary and Russia - having to fight Wuttermburg to claim the Russian throne.

AVE CAESAR THEODOROS.

"If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    A Roman Empire without Gallia and Hispania? How can this be?

I do think Death & Taxes makes the Byzatines even more over powered than they already were. Not only do you get cores on all of Anatolia, after conquering bits of Italy, which your missions will guide you to do, you also get cores on all the land between Greece and Italy, plus an easy way to move your capital. I mean, sure, you still have to westernize, but expanding in Europe was the one thing where playing the Byzantines should be more difficult than playing the Ottomans. Now you just get to expand freely into Europe and cheaply into the Middle East/Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    That's impressive (in my next game I'd like to do this myself), but this name... "United States of Byzantium"... IT HURTS MY EYES.

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    Nicely done. You made quite a decent progress although you have no shortage of enemies... May I, kindly suggest you to

PAINT EUROPE PURPLE

Quote Originally Posted by fleetothemoon View Post
    Nicely done. You made quite a decent progress although you have no shortage of enemies... May I, kindly suggest you to

PAINT EUROPE PURPLE
    My goal in-game is only to recreate the Justinian I Empire, but I am considering vassalizing Western Europe along regional lines(ie, Gallia, Swabia(incidentally I planning on using Ulm for Swabia)). At the very least I'm planning to deconstruct the HRE.

Also Byzan, good job although conquering all of that territory in the Balkans hurts mine eyes!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Junuxx View Post
    A Roman Empire without Gallia and Hispania? How can this be?
    Blame my War exhaustion D<

But my infamy is down to take a ton-load of territories.

Also I need to kick Sweden out.

Also Byzan, good job although conquering all of that territory in the Balkans hurts mine eyes!
    Just wait till I integrate Hungary and Russia.
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Nice empires, makes me want to continue my Trebizond->Rome game sooner than i planned

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    That's impressive (in my next game I'd like to do this myself), but this name... "United States of Byzantium"... IT HURTS MY EYES.
    Okay then, how about the United States of Rhomanian(USR)?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Something a little different:

This is in Trade Mapmode. Everything that is striped is in my trade league... except for 6 provinces that are in Novgorod's, but their time will come. Most I acquired via the seduction of gold and mutual benefit, but if that doesn't work, steel and gunpowder can be just as persuasive. I forced France into my league after a war, and they've never left despite having their own CoT and decades of dismal relations. Same with Sweden. Why? Fear, of course! None may break the iron chains of Venice without my Wrath falling upon them! Bwahaha... ahem.

My goal is to control the entire world's flow in trade. I own 11 of the world's 24 CoTs, including the top 6 most valuable, and have monopolies in all of them using full mercantilism. Binding large countries into my league is the key to my monopolies. A few are still outside my control - principally Castille, Novgorod, and Ming. There are also two CoTS owned by Hordes that I can't do anything about until they're colonized. I am Trade Leader and have majority market share in every good other than tea, chinaware and fur. I should get fur as soon as I conquer Novgorod, the last merchant republic. Tea and Chinaware will require me to take on Ming, which will be fun. I have the Bosphorous Sound Toll, East India Trade Route and India Trade Company, but I'm still one province away from getting the Sound Toll. So yeah, still got some work ahead of me.

Last edited by Kurblius; 01-04-2012 at 12:37.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

One league, to rule them all? XD

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

One cannot simply walk to Venice :P
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Very simple, but I'm happy with the borders as they've played out. Italy, following her emergence from a war to claim her rightful lands from Austria.

Verona being in a Personal union, of course.

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Austria to Chinaaaa
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

+ Reply to Thread