+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 659 FirstFirst ... 273 298 323 348 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 398 423 448 473 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,460 of 13171

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well even as russia, i got better tech at the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Way to be rude there.

Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Well, I finished out my Portugal game:

Still far behind in tech
    Nice job! That's an impressive empire.
    -Ruanek

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    Way to be rude there.

Well but that's true, and there is nothing rude about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    Thanks! It went pretty well for a first try!

Yeah, my economy isn't that great. I never really appreciated the effect buildings could have until late in the game, by which time I was too far behind.
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Of course, if you take all of Africa, have 19 inflation and little income you will lag behind in tech. Not a great accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Thanks! It went pretty well for a first try!

Yeah, my economy isn't that great. I never really appreciated the effect buildings could have until late in the game, by which time I was too far behind.
    Well, remember, build buildings, even if it would cost you minting - ofc. IF you got any magistrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Of course, if you take all of Africa, have 19 inflation and little income you will lag behind in tech. Not a great accomplishment.
    Well, taking whole africe is kinda accomplishment... but if any european would attack him, he propably would die...

My first "serious" game:

Well, nice work, but :
    You should try to PU Hungary and Bohemia instead of conquering them.
    You should not allow ukraine to be spawned.
    Did you used missions to get cores on danzig and warmia? If you are at war with TO, and you cancel mission/manage to end current one, you may get mission to conquer danzig, from which you get cores... it is good, as it allows you to build a COT on danzig.

Well, I know that diplomacy (PU etc.) is a great way to expand empire in EU3, but I tend to use my soldiers to do it. Besides Bohemia and Hungary attacked me soon after game started, so I just took their provinces in revenge. I already have cores there.
    Missions to get cores in Gdansk and Warmia? They had problems (war with someone) so I invaded them and took it. I'll have cores there in few years. And I already have a CoT there without having core.

With more diplomatic approach I could have better empire, but I like my way. Create an army, get CB, invade, take what you want. Wait for infamy to drop, find another victim, continue.

Well, is TO, your vassal?

No, after I got provinces I wanted I completely lost interest in TO. I let them live as they want (I have a mission to vassalize them, but I don't care about it). When I decide it's the time - I'll invade them, but it's not the time yet. Ukraine is my top priority right now. Then Polotsk and Smolensk. After that - probably Ottomans and Golden Horde. I'd love to invade westward, but this "A formal request" or something like that from HRE is pathetic and completely ruins gameplay. Huge empire loosing stability for denying HRE request? WHY?

Well you get mission to vassalize them. And having them vassalized, give you half their tax income, and their army at your command. Also if you use subjugation CB from the mission, you get them vassalized for 0 infamy. It does not worth to conquer them, as only 1 of their provinces(osterprussen) give decent tax, and all got low value trade goods.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    No, after I got provinces I wanted I completely lost interest in TO. I let them live as they want (I have a mission to vassalize them, but I don't care about it). When I decide it's the time - I'll invade them, but it's not the time yet. Ukraine is my top priority right now. Then Polotsk and Smolensk. After that - probably Ottomans and Golden Horde. I'd love to invade westward, but this "A formal request" or something like that from HRE is pathetic and completely ruins gameplay. Huge empire loosing stability for denying HRE request? WHY?
    Whenever you take a province from the Empire make sure you remove it from the Empire (under provincial decisions) right away. You won't get that event again.

ZZMitch - clever. I thought about it, but I never had occasion to do it (I found it after I had all "formal requests" asked). I'll try it soon

Well, nice work, but :
    You should try to PU Hungary and Bohemia instead of conquering them.
    Did you used missions to get cores on danzig and warmia? If you are at war with TO, and you cancel mission/manage to end current one, you may get mission to conquer danzig, from which you get cores... it is good, as it allows you to build a COT on danzig.
    You do realize that not everyone enjoys playing exactly the same way as you? Because you keep offering serious advice that caters to a small minority of players' playstyles.
    -Ruanek

Some people believe the only way to enjoy is to become a humonguous blob on the map and paint the world with their culture and religion

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

PUing is a mostly MP tactic. In MP you need to expand fast and if you can do that without infamy and with cores it's much better.
    On the other hand in MP blobbing is kinda limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltigeurs View Post
    Some people believe the only way to enjoy is to become a humonguous blob on the map and paint the world with their culture and religion
    Not "the only way", but certainly one of the most satisfying

I can understand the appeal of forming Great Britain as Ireland, turning poles into germs or converting china to islam

But when I play, I tend to try to form a vassal united bavaria, saxony, hannover, elsass, prussia, brandenburg, austria, netherlands, milan, papal states, switzerland, provence, guyane, britany, silesia and serbia while partitioning poland between hungary, prussia, silesia and brandenburg and bohemia between saxony, silesia, bavaria and austria, denmark between hanover and hanover( ) so they can turn their provinces to their cultures

What do you mean it's the same ?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Okay, I gotta ask this but what does it matter if Ukraine spawns or not? Isn't it actually better if they do spawn, so Poland can take advantage of their likely tribal government with the Tribal Conquest CB? Heck, you should actually butter them up! Help them build up, then backstab them later on and take Ukrainian lands for cheap infamy!

+ Reply to Thread