+ Reply to Thread
Page 367 of 659 FirstFirst ... 267 292 317 342 357 365 366 367 368 369 377 392 417 442 467 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,340 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Quote Originally Posted by tanathos View Post
    @Zwitterion

Well I'm wondering a few things about your economy, since you have most of the Americas, Africa, basically : a huge colonial empire, I'm curious : how many center of trades have you made in it? You can basically make one every time you have one that reaches over 800 Ducats in worth, which should net you quite a few extremely wealthy provinces. Also, how is your tariff percentage? You need basically one Big Ship or one Light Ship for every coastal province that you own outside the continent on which you have your capital. You can see your percentage by hovering over Tariffs income. Every single one of those coastal province should have a dock, as it increases your goods' worth by 25%. As a last detail for your overseas provinces, there are a few buildings that are worth building to increase each good's worth, which you can see by hovering over each good's... I think... trade value.

Of course there are also the trade building that gives +1% trade efficiency, but in the next patch it'll be capped at 200%, so if you're closed to that then no worry. I'm also assuming your inflation isn't more than 10%.
    I have 11 COTs with monopolies in all. All but 2 have values above 800. Currently Tariffs are 60%. To reach 100% I need somewhere between 200-150 more ships, which is within my Naval Force Limits, but is obviously expensive. I currently only have 7 provinces with level 6 naval buildings. I have docks on all European territories (except for a couple of new ones), but very few colonies have them. I just don't have the magistrates for that. Barely half of my American colonies have forts, just because I can't spend all my magistrates on that. I have been spamming trade buildings in my colonies with coffee, tobacco and copper as they have the highest values, but even with only those targets, half have level 6 buildings and the other half have level 2. The other colonies are barren. Inflation is ~9%. I realize that I have problems that are due to not setting up my economy properly a long time ago, but do you have any suggestions?
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

Vijay -> Hindustan.

My first ever India game and I am amazed at how easy it has been. Those cores are so, so overpowered.

Anyway, it's only 1483. Where to go from here?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Get on a boat and seize an East Engand Trade Port. Or colonise Portugal. You get the idea

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by KillShock View Post
    Vijay -> Hindustan.

[IMG][/IMG]

My first ever India game and I am amazed at how easy it has been. Those cores are so, so overpowered.

Replace Islam with Hinduism.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Replace world with Hindustan.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Vijay -> Hindustan.

[IMG][/IMG]

Or if you want something easier (than what the others said) conquer your way and create the British-Indian borders.
    (Pakistan, Myanmar)..
    I used to be a communist, then I took a redistribution of wealth to my bank account. -Seek75

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Vijay -> Hindustan.

[PIC]

The Indo-Chinese Empire.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon - Napoleon Bonaparte
    All war is deception - Sun Tzu
    All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers - Francois Fenelon
    All this worldly wisdom was once the heresy of some wise man - Henry David Thoreau

You will have failed the game if everything visible in that screenshot is not incorporated into Hindustan. As my DW key is invalid, can someone please post the Hindustan flag from the avatars for me?

You should convert as much of the world as possible to hinduism. Also take Indochina and what is now Pakistan.

Go East, Young Man.

OH GOD! RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    I have 11 COTs with monopolies in all. All but 2 have values above 800. Currently Tariffs are 60%. To reach 100% I need somewhere between 200-150 more ships, which is within my Naval Force Limits, but is obviously expensive. I currently only have 7 provinces with level 6 naval buildings. I have docks on all European territories (except for a couple of new ones), but very few colonies have them. I just don't have the magistrates for that. Barely half of my American colonies have forts, just because I can't spend all my magistrates on that. I have been spamming trade buildings in my colonies with coffee, tobacco and copper as they have the highest values, but even with only those targets, half have level 6 buildings and the other half have level 2. The other colonies are barren. Inflation is ~9%. I realize that I have problems that are due to not setting up my economy properly a long time ago, but do you have any suggestions?
    Welp, I had written a huge post but it got eaten up by the idiotic connection in this cafe

Anyway, here's the main lines of what I written :

Build naval buildings level 4 (or 5 and 6 if you can) in a few provinces for maximum ships production
    Build naval building level 1 (docks) in all your colonies with tariff for a 25% boost to production.
    Build production building level 3 in all your colonies for another 25% boost to production.
    Use all remaining money not spent on magistrates at the end of a year to build light ships (do not build galleys or transports as they do not count toward sea lane protection).
    Try to bring your inflation down by -0.10 a year if you can afford to (national bank + a Master of Mint should enable you to do so without losing too much income to do the rest of this list).

I would suggest making a new save file just to examine the difference. Thus take note of your investment total in your finance screen and compare 10 years down the line by doing this. I think having caught up in tech and being host to a powerful economy would be a decent end goal for the game. I'd love if you could PM me the results of this, as I'm no expert in Eu3 and would love to know if what I said is worthwhile It seems to make sense in any case! Having gotten myself out of an ugly economic pit in this game, by expanding too fast and forgetting to consolidate my economy, I absolutely believe that you can save this game with the time you have left.

/edit/
    Oh, another thing that I forgot to mention : if you do not mind not having a particular edge in any given tech field, since you should be able to field pretty strong armies in any case, you should be able to put all sliders in the tech investment window at equal value.

I'm going to have a lot of colonizing to do....

Formed Mughals as Chagatai. The Timurids were always my friends (huge war subsidies!) until I settled down. After that we fought many a war, mostly quite inconclusively. The Timmies were doing quite well but then the poor buggers got into conflict with a bunch of Western nations like Portugal, Castille and England. They managed, but got weakened enough for me to occupy them like this.

I think I'll colonize to Samarkand etc. and then work my way down into Persia.
    Currently developing a 650 BC mod for EU3. Help appreciated!
    Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR.
    Creator of RickRand, a random scenario generator for Victoria:Revolutions (current version: 0.9)
    Member of the 200k Club
    Owner of an <= Official Necromancy (The Good Kind) Cookie (thanks dinofs)
    Owner of the SAS Award for Dedication

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

settling down as a horde = ultimate backstab

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That's my goal as Yuan.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    settling down as a horde = ultimate backstab
    Yeah, I felt kinda bad for the Timurids . Also, I was in the middle of some horde vs settled wars when I settled, and thus got into even more wars (settled vs horde) . Luckily I was surrounded by only weak nations (except Timurids).
    Currently developing a 650 BC mod for EU3. Help appreciated!
    Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR.
    Creator of RickRand, a random scenario generator for Victoria:Revolutions (current version: 0.9)
    Member of the 200k Club
    Owner of an <= Official Necromancy (The Good Kind) Cookie (thanks dinofs)
    Owner of the SAS Award for Dedication

Quote Originally Posted by tanathos View Post
    Welp, I had written a huge post but it got eaten up by the idiotic connection in this cafe

Anyway, here's the main lines of what I written :

Build naval buildings level 4 (or 5 and 6 if you can) in a few provinces for maximum ships production
    Build naval building level 1 (docks) in all your colonies with tariff for a 25% boost to production.
    Build production building level 3 in all your colonies for another 25% boost to production.
    Use all remaining money not spent on magistrates at the end of a year to build light ships (do not build galleys or transports as they do not count toward sea lane protection).
    Try to bring your inflation down by -0.10 a year if you can afford to (national bank + a Master of Mint should enable you to do so without losing too much income to do the rest of this list).

I would suggest making a new save file just to examine the difference. Thus take note of your investment total in your finance screen and compare 10 years down the line by doing this. I think having caught up in tech and being host to a powerful economy would be a decent end goal for the game. I'd love if you could PM me the results of this, as I'm no expert in Eu3 and would love to know if what I said is worthwhile It seems to make sense in any case! Having gotten myself out of an ugly economic pit in this game, by expanding too fast and forgetting to consolidate my economy, I absolutely believe that you can save this game with the time you have left.

/edit/
    Oh, another thing that I forgot to mention : if you do not mind not having a particular edge in any given tech field, since you should be able to field pretty strong armies in any case, you should be able to put all sliders in the tech investment window at equal value.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and PM you the results. Here's hoping.

OH GOD! RUN!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Occultus Orbis Terrestre mod, 1399 start:

Leading a PU with France (not reaaally interested in inheritance, I mainly took them so I could beat up Austria and whoever else wanted some); claimed Sicily's throne - gonna have to fight Poland-Lithuania in a succession war; allied with Portugal and Switzerland; have Tirol, Corsica, Croatia, Ragusa, Bosnia, Montenegro, Florence, Ferrara, Urbino and Mantua as vassals; kicked the Pope out of Italy; and all the land I own is cored. Going pretty nicely so far, I think ;D Now I just need cores on those Italian minors and I'll be able to form Italy, any ideas on easy ways to do this?

EDIT: and now the German Pope is my vassal too (:<
    Last edited by _anomaly; 21-03-2012 at 00:55.
    Gaijin

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria 2

I orginally was'nt planning on putting a picture of this game up until the end year YET! sadly my save wont go past 1568 ( I wanted to use this save eventually in vicky )

In this game i'm playing as Circassia a union nation of the caucus mountain people ( Ossentian, Chechen, Avar ).
    Color - Green
    Location - Black Sea/ Caucus Mountains, Romania
    Religion - Buddhist
    Gov - Noble Republic
    Year - 1568
    tech - Westernized
    Owns two rich cots Astrakhan and Kefe
    7th richest country
    Most of Crimea is now Circassian cultured
    Allies - Mordovia

Side note : this is a mod of miscmods. I've added many new nations and cultures i believed were missing. Also I've added a new bookmark where the Mongolia Empire spread Buddhism. This creates some pretty interesting developments with half of Russia being orthodox and half being Buddhist.

This is my papal states game where I have united Italy in the year 1585. All my land is catholic and also Iraq, Kanem Bournu, Lebanon and Tunisia are all catholic theocracies under my rule.

Also most of Central Asia was converted to Hinduism by Raj.
    Ethnicity: Austrian
    Religion: Theravada Buddhist
    Career: Military

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_HSA_17401114_1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	50714
    This is my Hanseatic Empire, it took a while to build. Initially I just got a few horrible provinces from boundary disputes, but I manage to get conquer our neighbours repeatedly on Denmark and then Sweden once I got Skane. I used trade disputes to vassalise most of the Empire, became a feudal monarchy and then emperor. I took Genoa, waited for it to core and then I ripped Austria apart who had most of Hungary, Italy and Bavaria. I then released about half my vassals apart from Trier and diploannexed Brandenburg, and went on a PU hunt with spies and claims on thrones, and its taken me about 200 years to actually inherit to form Germany. I also somehow got a lucky personal union with Russia who broke it two times and tried to many more times over about 200 years, but after a while I just got a massive army and put them down.
    My borders are quite ugly but I've been using imperialism to take over France instead of Germany because of the infamy from being in the HRE.
    I'm going to mod my game slightly because for some reason Russia lost its cores on Siberia even though it had Orthodox religion and Russian culture, and I don't want to deal with rebellions from Finistere to Irkutsk.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Heres my current, not quite yet Empire, Brandenburg game:

Leading PU with Nitra (Slovaks), maintaining Luneburg as loyal vassal (just got core on them will annex soon), and yes, AI Novgorod actually managed to form Russia -> their 9 DIP ruler got incredibly lucky and through some rebel bug managed to get most of collapsed Moscovy and so we now have a Russia!
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

+ Reply to Thread