+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 656 FirstFirst ... 144 169 194 219 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 269 294 319 344 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 13112

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Brennenburg View Post
    I suspect your capital is now in NA?
    Yeah, Bayougoula.

Quote Originally Posted by harvesarmy View Post
    England is no more??!!

EDIT: What is your infamy?

And for any of the readers of this thread, how did qoou get such a massive France by 1657 do you think? (page 241). I never manage anything like that by 1700. Inheritance perhaps?
    Yep, Scotland has slowly been taking over England. England just reappeared a few in-game years before I took the screenshot.

My infamy... well, not quite sure because I just switched to Death and Taxes instead of DAO, so I'm not playing that save any more, but it was at least 40.

Quote Originally Posted by el_zilcho321 View Post
    Wow. Very nice Portugal! When did you get QftNW?
    I think I got it in 1435 or so.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Inheriting a few Europeans and abusing Holy War can make you massive by that point though.

What i'd really like to know is how you're getting 30 magistrates per year. Was something added in a Beta patch I missed?
    that's a bit overkill , with 0.05/college you need about 150 of those...
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Here is another empire, not really impressive but still a fun game

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The shogunate system needs to be reworked, seriously.
    Albion needs you! un AAR de EU III HTTT como el gran reino de Albión.
    "Lo que este reino necesita es nada menos que una revolución..."
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...era-NovelAAR-D
    (abandonado hace siglos debido a pérdida del save, divine wind...)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Is that Hungary in South Africa? You don't usually see Hungary go off-continent. At least not that far south. >.>

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

it is, i think they gained that territories from milan, austria or something in the past.
    another curious thing is that lithuania conquered almost all siberia and changed his capital to manchuria
    Albion needs you! un AAR de EU III HTTT como el gran reino de Albión.
    "Lo que este reino necesita es nada menos que una revolución..."
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...era-NovelAAR-D
    (abandonado hace siglos debido a pérdida del save, divine wind...)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Heres my current French empire game, year is ~1500 (no reformation yet):

For first 100 years or so i basically diplo-vassalized almost all independent 1 and 2 province minors, annexed a bunch of them in the north. Some 30 years ago i attacked England (my first offensive war) and retook Aquitaine and Calais (after like 29 years of occupation almost endless war lol), while some 10 years ago someone attacked Brittany (my ally, cant diplo vassalize them sadly, too big it seems) which dragged myself and all my vassals into war against England Milan and couple of Italian minors: as you can see war ended badly for Milan, i took 2 provinces (6 infamy) and liberated 3 countries (Pavia, Verona and Brescia) which i diplo-vassalized after the war ended. Spain formed some time ago, and apart from Roussilon (which i want for myself) im perfectly fine with that (maintaining healthy 150+ relations) as long as they dont go on Portugal conquering rampage. Portugal is interestingly very stable (not being conquered by everyone as usual) and colonizing Africa and Caribbean islands, which looks great. I was somewhat surprised to see somewhat stable Balkan, it seems all countries exist within their cultural boundries, with Wallachia which is on its way to from Romania (haha!).

Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Rizulica View Post
    African Empire of Kanem Bornu. Outside of Africa, the whole world's a mess.
    Persia used to be much bigger before a Polish invasion, Yemen controlled the entire Arabian peninsula, the Ottomans grew from OPM to their current size since 1792, Granada is the one who formed Spain, after they exiled Navarra to Canada, Denmark formed Scandinavia, and Brandenburg formed the HRE. They turned out stable and made for a worthy final opponent, although i was far ahead of them in the tech race.
    When did you westernise? Sunni now? Did you get the achievement?

Divine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Great Britain 1746 (formed via England) :

The HRE is dismantled, other nations are no longer able to colonize lands (they just can annex subsaharian et asian nations) and I've never broke the infamy limit !
    My secret ?! Just play in easy difficulty

By the way, it was a very funny game

During the whole game I focused on getting only the most interesting lands (especially in Europe). Colonies gave me a huuuge CoT in Lisboa (7k+ !) before I annex pagan CoTs.
    Now my treasury has reached 300k ducats and I'm happy !
    Last edited by Boon63; 03-10-2011 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Heres my current French empire game, year is ~1500 (no reformation yet):

*Frenchyempire*
    Oooo, what mod is that? The map is so pretty.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Here is my Gallic Empire. I started in 472. One interesting thing that occurred is that about 20+ years ago I had infamy in the mid-20s and it was going down at quite a slow rate (blame the warmonger in me ) Well I got a regency council and instead cursing them like I usually do I praised this one. Due to my infamy it was a godsend as I had the RC for about ten years and my infamy fell down to below ten. I've been able to manage it ever since.

I'm allied with the Vandals and the Visigoths. The Vandals rule most of Northern Africa west of Egypt (which is ruled by Byzantiny). Lately Burgundy, the purplish-red country between Me, the Visigoths, Goths, the Lombards and Bavaria, has been my bitch. Especially after the two times I kicked the Franks asses. Can't wait to continue playing.

World Map

This is the Steppe Wolf Mod.
    All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Current size of my Zoroastrian Baluchistan --> Zoroastrian Mughal Empire campaign under MiscMod's alt-history Peace of God scenario.

For reference, here's the 1399 Zoroastrian Baluchistan start and 1399 religion map in Miscmod's Peace of God Scenario:

Baluchistan starts off poor and surrounded at all sides by heathen enemies, the biggest threat obviously being the massive Islamic Timurid empire. Luckily the campaign begins with a Timurid truce, so I quickly joined forces with heretical Rajputana to defeat the South Asian sultanates. We made short work of Sind and Gujaret, and I netted the lion's share of the provinces including the incredibly wealthy CoT of Kutch. Meanwhile Hindi Vijaynagari consolidated Southern India and was in the process of conquering Deccan. Aside from Delhi, most of the Islamic sultanates had been defeated leaving only the Timurids as the main heathen threat to an otherwise Hindi South Asian sub-continent. As Baluchistan was essentially the gateway into India, the major Indian powers saw fit to send me war subsidies every time the Timur truce was broken, which I believe was the only way I was able to survive the Timurid incursions. Eventually I allied with Vijaynagari, the undisputed powerhouse of India, and together we mopped up the rest of the central and northern South Asia including my former ally Rajputana. I shrewdly snapped up the necessary provinces to form the Mughal empire, although the fight for the final requisite province ended the decades long Vijaynagari-Baluchistan alliance (Vijaynagari was defender of the Hindu faith and Hindi Bihar controlled Agra, the province in question) and launched a bloody feud that would not end until Zoroastrian Baluchistan turned Mughal Empire absorbed the last of the South Asian provinces nearly two centuries later.

Sometime during this period, the Timurids had given up their nomadic ways (another MiscMods change) and were gradually being worn down by internal strife and a robust Golden Horde to the north. The Persians broke free, as did several other Timurid successor states which I promptly annexed up to the southern tip of the Caspian. The Persians were much more difficult to dislodge thanks to the uber rich Hormuz but being sandwiched between the mighty Jalayirids and Mughal Empire, they eventually succumbed and were finally annexed in the late 1600s.

In the West, the Kingdom of Jerusalem had conquered most of the Arabian Peninsula (and later, eastern damascus and mesopotamia, as evidenced by the Christian Syrian successor state), creating an opportunity for the Mughals to modernize fairly early on (late 16th century). I quickly annexed Najd which gave me a border to western tech country. Actually in this scenario, the Crusader states belong to the "Middle East" tech group, which while having 100% research rates are still behind in tech because they're isolated from the Western tech group. This means no sweet sweet massive neighbor bonuses due to the uber rich trading OPMs. I became acutely aware of this fact when eventually Brandenburg mid-17th century declared a crusade on me and arrived with a full 10 land and naval tech advantage over Jerusalem, and of course the Mughal Empire. Brandenburg snapped up the Vijayanagar successor states on the southern tip of India and while I was able to challenge them on the field, their overwhelmingly superior navy blockaded the subcontinent and out of war exhaustion I was forced to concede. For the next couple decades I focused my research solely on land and naval tech to close the gap then pursued a successful war that kicked the European barbarians out of South Asia, at least for the time being.

From their humble beginnings, the Zoroastrians are now masters of Persia and South Asia. Believing themselves to be the worthy successors of the ancient Zoroastrian empires, the Baluchistani nobility now, in the dawn of the 18th century, set out to finish what their ancestors failed to do over 2000 years ago: Conquer Greece.

England -> Anglo-French Union in MEIOU.

Screenshots taken in 1591.

Situation of Europe

The Anglo-French Holdings, plus current vassal states.

The political situation of the whole world

China is an absolute mess at the moment. Kinda sad, I was hoping that one of the dynasties would be blobbed over by now.

After I formed the Union, I made good use of my cores on Burgundy and conquered it, and ended up getting -all- of France into the Empire.

The Holy Roman Throne went from Bohemia to Austria and back to Bohemia recently, but Bohemia is starting to pass a bunch of reforms, so I'm worried at the moment.

Sweden -wrecked- Norway, and I assume that the only thing keeping it from eating Denmark entirely was the fact it was in a PU under me for a good while there.

Sometime in the late 1490s and early 1500s, the Ottomans came stupidly close to annexing the Romans. Since I'm a sucker for them, I plopped a guarantee on them, and soon enough the Ottomans declared war. In that war, I decided to 'liberate' a few states in Greece for my own use, and from there launched many crusades into the Levant, eventually conquering Jerusalem and releasing it via event, and eventually vassalizing it peacefully.

In the late 1580s I finally got QFTNW, and to my surprise I'm pretty sure I was the -first- colonial state, as I found all of the Caribbean to be unclaimed. I went on a colonizing spree, and all of South America is pretty much mine now due to locking Europe out.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by abadgaem View Post
    Current size of my Zoroastrian Baluchistan --> Zoroastrian Mughal Empire campaign under MiscMod's alt-history Peace of God scenario.

*snip*
    For reference, here's the 1399 Zoroastrian Baluchistan start and 1399 religion map in Miscmod's Peace of God Scenario:
    *snip*

*text chunk snip*
    That's an interesting Europe you've got there. Who was the dominant Emperor? It's actually hard to tell since all three of those superpowers are equally large.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

ok, here's my Gaelic Constitutional Republic (unmodded 5.1 very hard, low aggressivity) as of 1821 - not too impressive but because of roleplaying I prefered enacting settlement policies in Britain above colonizing.

europe:

income:

world:

notable facts:
    - Europe has mostly reasonable borders with the exception of Bohemia and recently broken up Sweden. I had little to do with the borders though since I only have Holland and Naples as vassals in Europe (with the former being prefered by me to form Neteherlands but because of that Burgundy I dropped the idea...)
    - catholic christianity triumphed over the reformation AND the muslims too with the lack of any notable protestant country and Mali, Persia, my ally Hedjaz and OPM Ottomans being the only muslim countries in the world.
    - there used to be a huge Yemeni Empire on the entire Arabic Peninsula and Eastern Africa but some hundred years ago they were repeatedly beaten to dust by the English.
    - there used to be a huge Rajputi Empire too but they had the same fate when they got borders with our little friend, Bohemia.
    - weird nations:
    Venice entirely relocated to South America
    Canada in Canada, USA in the USA, Quebec in Quebec and even La Plata in La Plata
    ...though Luisiana is on a Caribbean Island and Mexico is next to Lake Michigan

and my favourite: the Protestant Administrative Republic of Brunei

oh, and a bonus picture:

just in time

You can call me Dan.

If you want to see my Tripoli (not so) horribly fail... PiRAAtes! Ongoing again. Hopefully.

Is that the antipope in lower france?

Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    That's an interesting Europe you've got there. Who was the dominant Emperor? It's actually hard to tell since all three of those superpowers are equally large.
    Cathar Burgundy has held onto the seat for some time now

Although they're currently at war with France and all of northern Germany including Brandenburg so I'm not sure how that'll pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by FietsPomp View Post
    Is that the antipope in lower france?
    No, in Peace of God, the Albigensian Crusade went unanswered so Catharism was able to thrive in French Occitania.

Although they're currently at war with France and all of northern Germany including Brandenburg so I'm not sure how that'll pan out.
    Cathar Burgundy
    ...What. You had a game where Catharism was successful? I envy you :<

CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

That's a very nice Brittany game. I wanted to do something similar but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Here's my Morocco with D&T 3.4:

I didn't mess with Europe or anything, just tried to colonize down the African coast (Yea I know, dumb idea, poor provinces and lots and effin' grain but hey). Notice Aragon making a nice comeback and England being dismantled by Scotland and Wales.

Europa Universalis IV

Ha, that's wicked! You gotta share screenshots when that feud's over with.

+ Reply to Thread