+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 659 FirstFirst ... 124 149 174 199 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 249 274 299 324 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 13171

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

*eyetwitch* Byzantium still exists.

Kidding aside, you don't see an Algiers game everyday. A nicely coming along Hedjaz is cool to see. I must say, my time lurking in this thread has immunized me to seeing any of the other somewhat odd happenings in that shot . . . oh, and why does Serbia still exist? You've surrounded them . . .

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ViperhawkZ View Post
    Next person who posts a Byzantine game, I will warp through their computer and punch them in the face. Byzantines, Byzantines, Byzantines. Does nobody play Balkan countries? HRE states? Indians, Vietnamese, Arabs, anything?
    Finally someone who understands me!! ... we should be ... blood brothers . We are now on the 3rd page of people trolling me with Byz empires...

to all those who deem it necessary to post another BYZ empire, please note the following:
    -It's not cool
    -Not impressive
    -Boring

Please refrain or else (look at the quote)
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    *eyetwitch* Byzantium still exists.

Kidding aside, you don't see an Algiers game everyday. A nicely coming along Hedjaz is cool to see. I must say, my time lurking in this thread has immunized me to seeing any of the other somewhat odd happenings in that shot . . . oh, and why does Serbia still exist? You've surrounded them . . .
    It's part of my own house rules: If I have over 20 infamy and I'm fighting a defensive war I will only take one province from an enemy country. I happened to be at war against Ragusa, Bosnia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Wallachia and Transylvania (Ragusa and Bosnia being OPMs) so Serbia was left as an OPM in the middle after the war ended.
    "Look at that duck, I'm a giraffe."

Yet Another Modern Day Mod (YAMDaM) v.0.51 for HoI3:TFH:
    Thread

Other modern day mods:
    Modern Day Scenario 2 for Armageddon (no longer updated)
    Modern Age Mod for Victoria 2:HoD
    Novapaddy's Modern Day Scenario for Darkest Hour

AARs:
    PAARtisaan Cheese - A Yugoslavia FtM AAR - My first HoI3 AAR (Dropped)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSupreme Ruler: Cold War

hey guise check out my byzantine game lol !

in all seriousness heres my brabant 1687

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Niko92 View Post
    A non-Byzantine empire:

My next goal is to take Messina from Naples and clean up the Balkans a bit by conquering Serbia and kicking some Byzantine ass.
    You trying to create the Carthage empire? I recognise the borders from EU:Rome
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by tyrel68 View Post
    The Byzantine hate runs strong through this forum, our journey towards the dark side is almost complete
    Byzantium is my favorite nation to play.
    Long live the Roman Empire!

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant_Hogers View Post
    Byzantium is my favorite nation to play.
    Long live the Roman Empire!
    Only true men play BYZ
    Victoria Revolutions is out!!!

"Never in the field of human conflicts was so much owed by so many to so few"
    Winston Churchill
    "In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine"
    Erwin Rommel
    Improved Victoria Interface by Tyrel68 Make VIP extra pretty.Mirror Download.
    Victoria Improvement Project v0.4
    V.I.P. Mughalistan
    V.I.P. Scandinavia
    V.I.P. POPs
    V.I.P. Graphics

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tucked away safely in your darkest nightmares
    Blog Entries
    Only true men play BYZ
    I prefer to hang out with all the girls playing France.
    My AARs:
    Baghdad in the Sky with Diamonds (last updated 27/08/13)
    So Long Mom, I'm Off to Drop the Bomb - A Fallout 2 AAR (last updated 08/06/14)

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by mayorqw View Post
    I prefer to hang out with all the girls playing France.
    I've played Shaybanid (formed Mughals), Tibet, Pegu and Bohemia.

My next game will be as Nogai.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ViperhawkZ View Post
    Next person who posts a Byzantine game, I will warp through their computer and punch them in the face. Byzantines, Byzantines, Byzantines. Does nobody play Balkan countries? HRE states? Indians, Vietnamese, Arabs, anything?
    Does Rome count(not the east roman empire also called "Byzantium" a name I hate! but the real roman empire SPQR)?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Only true men play BYZ
    Byzantium is so ridiculously overpowered in this game and is one of the easiest nations to play. Just abuse the straits and win against the first war with the Ottomans and you can now take a bunch of unrealistic cores, one of the worst games I ever played was as the Byzies. Overpowered from day 1.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Niko92 View Post
    A non-Byzantine empire:

My next goal is to take Messina from Naples and clean up the Balkans a bit by conquering Serbia and kicking some Byzantine ass.
    As someone who has played tunisia I can tell you that you got extremely lucky with those borders in spain. I owned all northern africa and half of the mumluks and then castille came down and my day was over...

Quote Originally Posted by Auk Rest View Post
    Byzantium is so ridiculously overpowered in this game and is one of the easiest nations to play. Just abuse the straits and win against the first war with the Ottomans and you can now take a bunch of unrealistic cores, one of the worst games I ever played was as the Byzies. Overpowered from day 1.
    Byzantium is not overpowerd.
    Ottomans is underpowerd.
    That a nation does well does not mean it is op.
    And the cores are realistic becuase it was lost not long ago.

So much hate. I think I better go finish my byz game so I have more screenshots to post

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tucked away safely in your darkest nightmares
    Blog Entries
    Several cores of BYZ haven't been theirs since pratically the Battle of Mazinkert.
    My AARs:
    Baghdad in the Sky with Diamonds (last updated 27/08/13)
    So Long Mom, I'm Off to Drop the Bomb - A Fallout 2 AAR (last updated 08/06/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Auk Rest View Post
    Try playing as them in a mod that remove the straits, on very hard and against a Ottoman Empire that has a army 4x bigger than yours, even if you break the forcelimits.
    I shouldn't have deleted the DAO folder together with my saves last week...

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

At least it is over , it's such a bother to play a continent-spanning empire!
    i've done pretty much nothing since 1750 , annexed back colonial revolters who think they can snap my provinces without ever rebelling there!
    Uruguay flipped two times (Paraguay and la Plata )
    I grabbed a province in Africa to get the achievement , then sold it to Ireland as it was pretty much worthless
    I wanted to well my japanese province , but I can't do it to the saymos , and Japan itself is landlocked and won't accept it for free

no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Pah, all that BYZ hate. Byzantium is pretty overpowered compared to real-life but that doesn't mean it still isn't a challenging game.

Anyway.

Death&Taxes 2.1. This started out as an observer game, with Japan. It was kinda boring though (and Yamana was close to forming Japan), so at around 1500 I switched to newly-released Funj, thinking that I'd westernise Funj, give it a fighting chance, then move on to some other nation. Shouldn't be hard, I thought, since in my previous experiences with westernisation the main problem was always finding the neighbour, and in this game the Mamluks were right above me.

It turned out to take much, much longer than I thought. Moving the sliders alone took almost a century, and then a few more decades waiting for the right ruler. In the meantime I've had to dodge a predatory Oman (later Najd), since I am completely unable to compete militarily. The Arabians have huge doomstacks, which take crazy attrition especially when I've scorched the land, but that's meaningless since there's such a huge disparity in combat ability. I've had to reload twice after being annexed by the Mamluks and Najd. Needless to say this is probably the last time I play a sub-Saharan nation.

Some interesting powers have formed though. The coolest was seeing both the Mughals (Timurids) and Hindustan form. Persia has been doing much better since it took Fars from the Mughals. France is also a nice solid colour this time. Muscowy has replaced Novgorod as the steppe predator, hopefully it forms Russia soon. Great Britain is Scottish. Bohemia has a Jagiellon king, and is so close to forming Jagiellon, it just needs Pecs I think. It hasn't made a move on Hungary for more than a century though. There also was a Greater Serbia stretching from Trieste to Edirne, but then they got trolled by Spain since Serbia is Orthodox. Further east Japan formed (with a little help from me - cancelling vassals and such). That red in Bengal is not GB but Japan.

Religion-wise this game is nothing spectacular - the Reformation fizzled out, only Austria and a handful of German OPMs are Protestant. Korea is Shinto, and between Hindustan and Bihar India is all Hindu.

I had some funj, but I'm quite tired of sub-Saharans by now honestly. I might continue this game as Bohemia, see if I can get Jagiellon to form.
    Last edited by Blackfish; 05-09-2011 at 06:07. Reason: little things

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    I had some funj
    Oh you

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Whats that massive orange in America?

+ Reply to Thread