+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 659 FirstFirst ... 69 94 119 144 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 194 219 244 269 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 13171

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

My Alexandria AAR has ended, so I'll post part of the epilogue and final map here.

By the end of the 17th Century, Alexandria stood at the apex of power in the world. With the rich lands of Egypt and Greece firmly under its rule and control of valuable trade routes from the Orient it accumulated wealth far beyond the assorted nations of Europe. With this wealth it fielded enormous armies to patrol its vast territories and wage war against the other great powers of the era. With clever diplomacy it had assembled allies in Portugal and Muscowy that extended its reach even further and came close to encircling Europe in its sphere of influence.

In Europe, Bohemia and Burgundy continued to struggle for dominance over Germany while the Milanese Holy Roman Emperor tried desperately to hold onto power. These three would form the nucleus of European conflict for centuries. Spain had ended its focus on Europe after being expelled from Italy, but it remained a major player that was simply focused abroad for the moment. The English Republic was on the rise after years of being a minor power as it gained increasing wealth from its American colonies

Even outside of Western Europe, great powers rose. Muscowy continued its march east while absorbing the remaining Russian nations. Eventually it would be able to declare itself the true Russian nation and truly become a force to be reckoned with. Meanwhile the Kandeshi Empire continued to exist as a nation of contradictions. While it was filled with minorities that rose up at the slightest provocation, whenever European nations attempted to gain a foothold on the subcontinent it suddenly gained incredible unity as it drove them away. Already some people were starting the call the nation ‘India’ and as it continued to advance in order to keep out the foreigners it might one day become a great rival of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Qymaen View Post
    No. I have two provinces. The only thing I can do is build buildings. My army is four times the forcelimit. I can support mor, but what's the point. There is really nothing I can do. I don't want to expand which I wouldn't be able to do anyway. Do you have any suggestions?

I don't want to become a colonial superpower either.
    Gift all that money to the crappiest country on Earth, then load as them and into space.

And so, in the Year of Our Lord 1531, His Holiness the Pope Eugenius IV did proclaim the supreme temporal authority of Christ's Holy Church over the lands of Italy, and the Kingdom of God on Earth was thus formed.

Then I lost the benefits of having nine cardinals in the Curia, as well as the ability to excommunicate, and regretted my decision immediately:

Indipidipenditant Demi Moderator LordLeto's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

My Wun Dynasty Empire:

Loaded as Japan and set it on 5 speed till Wu revolted around 1540, saved and reloaded. After proving my dominance over the decadent Ming Dynasty I was able to form personal unions w/ Ming, Korea, and Manchu. It got a little hairy when Moscovy got things together and started their trek east. I was able to cut them off from the remainder of Siberia, they settled for forming Russia and butting heads w/ Scandinavia. Various minors(Brittany mainly) playing in SE Asia was the launch pad for Westernization. Japan and SE Asia were more recent acquisitions, the former being quite bloody after the various Diamyos refused to recognize the Wun Dynasty as their Emperor(Japan was in a PU and got inherited, that gets rid of the Shogunate as well).

I'm always surprised how ridiculously rich the Chinese provinces can become.
    If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other color, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck

PARADOX 10 COMMANDMENTS

I'm Japan... well.. Fujiwara... guys.. watch the Ming Dynasty, Tibet and Novogorod.. playing on hard difficulty but that's awesome.. didnt thought that AI is capable of doing awesome things

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Still early in the game, but I also managed to vassalise the Order, Mazovia and Gotland, as well as Holland. Only barely defeated Denmark/Norway before Poland declared war on me, I needed to pay them off to stop them from reducing me to my starting province again. Looks like it's clear sailing from here, though. At least it would be if I had any ships left.

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    EUIV: Art of War

My Spanish Empire:

Since 1405 I had PU with France (by RM), since 1408 with Aragon (Claim Throne). Then I annexed Portugal. In ~1430 I inherited Aragon and now I have just inherited France I also conquered a few provinces in Italy with Italian Ambition (I have cores on them now). Genoa is my vassal.
    I plan to build a colonial empire in The Americas. Should I release French vassals or keep their provinces?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Im just about to to give those scottish provinces to scotland an ive got a royal marrige with them and wales is trying to revolt but its taken ages bloody nationalists.
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

Nice infamy.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III

Yeah i only noticed that just before i uploaded it France has been bad and the rest of europe will punish her

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Then you release English minors for -infamy and have vassal swarm!

But that's actually a terrible strategy since vassals tend to not have enough navy to transport their troops.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Be good if you could relice ireland as unified nation.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

My GBR decision is set up to spawn Irish cores and remove the Irish minor cores.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Majesty II Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan194 View Post
    Be good if you could relice ireland as unified nation.
    Well, release one of the Irish minors and sell it the remaining provinces. They'll unite Ireland eventually.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarcticCG View Post
    I still don't get the "Spain isn't the emeror" running joke

Also, it pains me to see Portugal and Aragon bordering the mighty Castillians; Annex them, for the glory of Hispania!
    A message that pops up occasionally at the start of an EU3 game is "Spain is NOT the Emperor"

Majesty II Collection

Quote Originally Posted by scholar View Post
    A message that pops up occasionally at the start of an EU3 game is "Spain is NOT the Emperor"
    Also the name of one of Götland's ships.

Alternatehistory.com MP game

The World : 1455

The English continue to conquer the New World while the Turks, Austrians, and Castile squabble in internal affairs. Hail Britannia!

All the World :

Only Players :

England *Me* keeps hoarding money and Naval National Ideas *much to everyone's dismay*

There was also a mini-spy war between me and the Ottomans, they fueled Irish patriots so I saved up 5 spies, caused greece to erupt in a revolt just as the Timurids invaded. He retaliated but mine did more damage due to his military situation.

Castile is busy sitting on infamy and watches on with Jealousy as I got a head start on the New World.

Austria used to be Novgorod but had to leave our MP session early the first time and Novgorod died, so Austria is just getting itself setup. Its currently at war with Milan occupying most of it.

I am currently at war with Maya and Creek, occupying most of them *we stopped the session because someone had to go*.

Hail Britannia!

Tried to see if I could be tech leader without being a tiny nation. As it turns out, yes. The beacon of light in a dark world. Spain. Still Catholic. As it turns out, if you have the BBB as your ally, you can have 33,000 troops and still nobody will mess with you. It's too bad about the Pope, he used to have Ireland, North Africa, Anatolia, and the whole Italian Peninsula. But then he made me choose between him and France. Byzantium used to be huge, too.

So a question for the peanut gallery. I went into the level five and six trade buildings this time but I don't really notice anything. Is Production just the way to go?

Majesty II Collection

Production trumps trade, all of the time. It even fails in the metagame (and alternative less-than-optimal strategies, too), because the magistrate requirement for the global % bonuses to be really pulling their weight is just too high. Now, if you somehow modded the metagame so that magistrates were either plenty or unnecessary, then mercantilist conqueror nations can really pull in the ducats with level 6 trade buildings in every province. With 300% trade efficiency and 300% trade value, your traders will be both unstoppable and filthy rich.

As it stands now, however, with magistrates tight, Production always wins.

That seems like a pretty glaring balance problem.

Also, so this isn't a one-liner... Fully westernised etc.

I was not involved in the highly successful Zaporozhie

+ Reply to Thread