+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 659 FirstFirst ... 55 80 105 130 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 180 205 230 255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

I'm guessing Holy War casus bellis up until 1650, after which one can easily choose an appropriate NI to get the Imperialism CB.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yeah, Japan don't have the Holy War CB but Malaca/Malaya is Islamist, so I have this CB against all the region. You should find a fast way to get Imperialism with Japan or find a way to get PU.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclism View Post
    May I ask how did you get casus bellis? I'm having some trouble with that as Japan.
    As Japan it's even easier -- Deus Vult! Only Japan has Shinto as religion
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    As Japan it's even easier -- Deus Vult! Only Japan has Shinto as religion
    That only gives a Casus Belli against heretics. Not Heathens. Believe me, I've tried. Which means I can only get CB against Korea and China while still no CB against the Muslims in Indonesia where I'm trying to expand to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclism View Post
    That only gives a Casus Belli against heretics. Not Heathens. Believe me, I've tried. Which means I can only get CB against Korea and China while still no CB against the Muslims in Indonesia where I'm trying to expand to.
    Ah, well, I had plenty of fun expanding into Korea/China in my last China game, so I didn't really mind I couldn't get easy CBs in India. I got lots via various means, pain I had to pay full Infamy though.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Ah, well, I had plenty of fun expanding into Korea/China in my last China game, so I didn't really mind I couldn't get easy CBs in India. I got lots via various means, pain I had to pay full Infamy though.
    Unam Sactam gives a CB on heretics.
    Divine Supremacy gives a CB on heathens.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Really? Which one?

--

I didn't know that! Does it last until after 1650?

Divine Supremacy only gives you an event that helps missionary chances, and increase the number of missionaries you get.

Divine Supremacy does give you Holy War on everyone (regardless of borders), but only if you're Christian or Muslim. Unam Sactum does the same as well as giving Cleansing of Heresy.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

onboard of the USS Thunderchild as Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    Divine Supremacy does give you Holy War on everyone (regardless of borders), but only if you're Christian or Muslim. Unam Sactum does the same as well as giving Cleansing of Heresy.
    Isn't the Holy War CB a game mechanic that is already in effect from 1399-1650 and not linked to any NI.
    "Even when struck down, I will again rise.
    I will not be defeated, nor will I demise.
    I will strike my foes with a vengeance so hard,
    they will be the ones left scarred."

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Dathon View Post
    Isn't the Holy War CB a game mechanic that is already in effect from 1399-1650 and not linked to any NI.
    No. Holy Wars can only happen between 1399-1650 but you still need a casius belli of some sort to kill them, be it crusades, NI or Defender of the Faith.
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseMaster View Post
    No. Holy Wars can only happen between 1399-1650 but you still need a casius belli of some sort to kill them, be it crusades, NI or Defender of the Faith.
    or a border with the country

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Dathon View Post
    Only for nations that border you. The NI gives you the CB on all heathens.
    پادشاه عالم پناه

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

For those who don't feel like looking at the code (in the spoiler tag), only Christian and Muslim groups get the Holy War CB, and receive it on all heathens if either: their government is Empire, they are Defender of the Faith, they have Unam Sanctam or Divine Supremacy, and the year is before 1650. All Christian and Muslim nations receive the CB against heathen neighbors.

Unam Sanctam grants Purging of Heresy, which is obvious. (c: PoH applies to all heretics, not just neighbors.

Code:
    # Holy War
    	prerequisites = {

OR = {
    			religion_group = christian
    			religion_group = muslim
    		}
    		NOT = { religion_group = THIS }
    		OR = {
    			government = imperial_government
    			defender_of_faith = yes
    			neighbour = THIS
    			AND = {
    				THIS = { is_crusade_target = yes }
    				religion = catholic
    			}
    			idea = deus_vult # Actually "Unam Sanctam"
    			idea = divine_supremacy
    		}
    		NOT = { year = 1650 }
    	}
    With that said, it's likely the dude used Holy War like mad until 1650, by which point he might well have been able to move to Absolute Monarchy and get the Imperialism CB and use it for the next 100 years until being able to take Revolution and Counter-revolution and use the Revolutionary CB for the rest of the game.
    I don't own a gun because I am a responsible drug user; you don't want guns and mushrooms on the same playing field.

Great Zoroastrian Persia, 1638.
    Please ignore any misspellings.

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Miscmods?

Oh, just noticed that all countries in the Indonesia region became Hindu at some point. Unam Sanctum should work now!
    I'm also relatively near the tech level needed for Absolute monarchy which gives Imperialism.

I have no idea what am I looking at, but the entanglement of Manchu and Song looks trippy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasing View Post
    Miscmods?
    It is Ofaloaf`s Romans-in-1399 Mod.
    Last edited by TurkishCapybara; 22-06-2011 at 22:11.

+ Reply to Thread