+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 659 FirstFirst ... 2 27 52 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 102 127 152 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Eruthos View Post
    Sorry about the long post, but I'm just THAT excited about this game..
    And you're right to be!
    Welcome on board!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

My algiers empire. Went through the first step of westernization and am getting raped by the peasants. My manpower is so low because I accidentally left an army in a "Desolate" province =p The rest of the world hates me and all my provinces are Sunni except for Fez because freakin zealots got me there
    _[]_ Look at my special hat!!!!!!!!

rvf e3xs0odei8a8 Wow. Spellin my name with my nose.

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

why is the mamluks still alive? Vassal?
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseMaster View Post
    why is the mamluks still alive? Vassal?
    In my games they don't collapse completely until at least the 5th TSC, AKA early-late 1500's minimum
    Current AAR's:

N/A

Abandoned beyond all hope due to me being very lazy, stupid, and also not having the saves any more AAR's:

Devlet-i Ebed-müddet: An Ottoman Empire AAR
    Venezia!-A Venice AAR
    Vassal No More-A Serbian Empire AAR

Here is my first lengthy game of DW. Decided on Byz as I have only played them once previously and thought they would allow me to take advantage of many of the new features. Ability to stay away from hordes until I was strong enough to handle them, and not deal with colonizing as I have heard some issues with the way buildings, and eventually the new world colony works now. (Next game, maybe) My ultimate goal this time is to touch the Pacific to the Atlantic in one brilliant purple strip while staying under BB.

Apparently Vigayanagar has the same goal as me. Looks like I will soon be sharing a boarder with them in Basra. They are in Yemen, Oman, and souther Ethiopia as well...

~Orkid

Recruit
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Well, after my big post I made up here, I started playing again and in the meantime I've conquered the coast of Brazil and whole of Africa........ With an infamy of +100!!! After 30 years of continuous war and trouble I decided to stop the game for now and start smaller tomorrow..

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I finished a 1399 start with Ayutthaya, normal settings, except lucky nations off and spread of land/sea discoveries set to 200 years. I was playing a few games seeing how different colonization went with various spread of discoveries rates, and that setting really seemed to give the best results.

I spent most of the game allied with Ming, against a superpower alliance of Manchu and a massive Vijayanagar. Eventually through some sly spy action instigated by Korea, Ming collapsed into all the usual tiny Chinese kingdoms, which allowed Manchu to eat up most of the territory until succumbing to the Korean treatment itself, and I ate a huge swathe of the south. Vijayanagar and Manchu declared war on me in about 1750, and I was more or less slaughtered between them, but I did take Vijayanagar down hard and they never recovered, eventually desintigrating into a series of tiny kingdoms. Manchu did grab a load of my Chinese aquisitions though.

Some cool thigns to see is a Genoa with her capital in Brazil and no Italian land whatsoever, a very nicely bordered Ramazan where the Ottomans are supposed to be, Louisiana who won her independence from Mexico, of all countries, and the most incredible South America I have ever seen in the game. Chile is Lombard, La Plata 25% Portugeuse and 75% lombard, and the rest Spanish. Originally, Milan and Genoa basically owned South America until rebels took over and carved out some decent borders, which are more or less the same shape as the colonies they formed from.

Great Britain was the story of the game though. After colonizing basically all of North America, they totally collapsed, seeing Haiti, Canada, Quebec, USA, Mexico and Louisiana win independence in the new world, and Ireland and wales in the old country. I figured they were toast, and as they were the only real colonial threat to South-east Asia (France and Spain were pretty neutral towards me and Netherlands never formed), I thought I was in the clear from heavy euro aggression. Then I peaked back there at about 1800, and they divided up the independent new world countries between them and the US (now their ally). They were far and away the strongest country in the game, with a ridiculous income and huge military forces.

They declared war on me in 1814. What you can't see in that map is basically all of the Ayutthayan maritime empire is totally occupied by about a hundred thousand British troops. The rest is totally blockaded by the imperial mega-fleet of doom. Another couple years of futile resistance, and Ayutthaya would have been a tiny colonial British dominion.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    1491 I have formed Spain.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

My current game as Byzantium:

It is not much, but it has been a fun game and... Spot the strange things on the map!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

the strangest thing about that byz game is how paradox hasnt seen and realize they need to nerf the hell out of a country which took over the ottomans entire nation before the ottomans took over byzantium a two province minor... thats a huge problem

On the Syria thing, that reminds me of my byz game when they emerged CATHOLIC. what a hell they provided me with. lol.
    "New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed without any other reason but because they are not already common" - John Locke

"The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy." - Oscar Wilde

An update on my Russian game, year is 1687. As soon as it hits 1700 i,m invading India and china.
    Check out how the name stretches across the middle east.

Well if it wasn't for the achievement I'd probably never have tried out the cherokee. That being said parts of this made me want to pull my hair out. All in all, I had to cancel my vassals with creek/shawnee 3 times, gave up a few provinces, no idea how many times I conceded defeat lol. Great Britian was my first neighbor....don't see them anymore do you? That's right! Revenge is sweet. I westernized 3 times in between their kicking my behind. Then westernized government, then finally military. After that it was a cake walk. Mopped up Castille's provinces, britians, scanadavia's. Brabanat Dowed on me allied with naples which was rough, eventually just from their WE I was able to white peace with both. Relaxed and colonized at that point, then made a vassal out of huron, diplo annexed shawnee/creek and was just getting ready to go to war with aquileia when milan DoW's. Pointless since they can't keep with my rather sad navy, and only have one settlement on the same continent on me which I have already sieged. Oh well....was fun and my CoT is pretty successful seeing as how no one trades in it =P

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by User29 View Post
    the strangest thing about that byz game is how paradox hasnt seen and realize they need to nerf the hell out of a country which took over the ottomans entire nation before the ottomans took over byzantium a two province minor... thats a huge problem

On the Syria thing, that reminds me of my byz game when they emerged CATHOLIC. what a hell they provided me with. lol.
    I started with 5 provinces, 1405 start, it is a bit easier and hardly impossible. What you do not see on that picture is a high war exhaustion with a spent veto decision, I waged almost constant war for two decades just to survive! I've been pretty lucky along the way though.

Also have seen the Catholic Syria before, think it is when they emerge from Damascus who is Catholic at the start of the game. And more importantly notice the broken down Golden Horde (even with massive Steppe Horde bonuses I modded in)... And MEGA Fez, IIRC they have taken Tunis by the time I closed down the game.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by MondoPotato View Post
    I finished a 1399 start with Ayutthaya, normal settings, except lucky nations off and spread of land/sea discoveries set to 200 years. I was playing a few games seeing how different colonization went with various spread of discoveries rates, and that setting really seemed to give the best results.

I spent most of the game allied with Ming, against a superpower alliance of Manchu and a massive Vijayanagar. Eventually through some sly spy action instigated by Korea, Ming collapsed into all the usual tiny Chinese kingdoms, which allowed Manchu to eat up most of the territory until succumbing to the Korean treatment itself, and I ate a huge swathe of the south. Vijayanagar and Manchu declared war on me in about 1750, and I was more or less slaughtered between them, but I did take Vijayanagar down hard and they never recovered, eventually desintigrating into a series of tiny kingdoms. Manchu did grab a load of my Chinese aquisitions though.

Some cool thigns to see is a Genoa with her capital in Brazil and no Italian land whatsoever, a very nicely bordered Ramazan where the Ottomans are supposed to be, Louisiana who won her independence from Mexico, of all countries, and the most incredible South America I have ever seen in the game. Chile is Lombard, La Plata 25% Portugeuse and 75% lombard, and the rest Spanish. Originally, Milan and Genoa basically owned South America until rebels took over and carved out some decent borders, which are more or less the same shape as the colonies they formed from.

Great Britain was the story of the game though. After colonizing basically all of North America, they totally collapsed, seeing Haiti, Canada, Quebec, USA, Mexico and Louisiana win independence in the new world, and Ireland and wales in the old country. I figured they were toast, and as they were the only real colonial threat to South-east Asia (France and Spain were pretty neutral towards me and Netherlands never formed), I thought I was in the clear from heavy euro aggression. Then I peaked back there at about 1800, and they divided up the independent new world countries between them and the US (now their ally). They were far and away the strongest country in the game, with a ridiculous income and huge military forces.

They declared war on me in 1814. What you can't see in that map is basically all of the Ayutthayan maritime empire is totally occupied by about a hundred thousand British troops. The rest is totally blockaded by the imperial mega-fleet of doom. Another couple years of futile resistance, and Ayutthaya would have been a tiny colonial British dominion.
    What map is this?

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    The instructions are earlier in this thread

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    @Mondopotato: What program did you use?
    I used gimp. Obviously photoshop will do the trick too, but I've always been partial to gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotto1979 View Post
    What map is this?
    It's the regular map you get from hitting the map screenshot button, just jazzed up a bit.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by MondoPotato View Post
    I used gimp. Obviously photoshop will do the trick too, but I've always been partial to gimp.

Is it perhaps because of the funny name?
    I tried making a map with gimp but it looks terrible and I can't figured out how to do anything D:

I'm not a pro at this game.. but i don't think I'm a newbie either ..maybe a step up from newbie ..alot of things i don't know how they work.but any way pics.my first almost finished game..Just got out of a war and regency right before the war.. on the third thumbnail my inflation was almost 80 then i taught myself how to control it so really i think its pretty good considering..im not one to read manuals..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_HAB_1817.11.7_1.jpg‎
Views:	69
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	33484   Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_HAB_1817.11.7_2.jpg‎
Views:	56
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	33485  
    Last edited by kool26; 17-03-2011 at 11:06.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 659 FirstFirst ... 2 27 52 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 102 127 152 177 ... LastLast