+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 659 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 59 84 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    I have Spanish Africa right now and it does not suit well to my Muslim-ifying of the Peninsula....Portugal will fall when Castille does because both wont stop spamming rebels

Second Lieutenant Gen. Andersen's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Gauge View Post
    I'm scared to post my empires lol. I only play OPM's mostly so they are not that impressive in size.
    I think alot of the really impressive empires we see are due to either luck or reloading of the savegame, when bad things happen Also - I usually find myself most impressed by former OPMs. It's not like European dominance is hard to do, when you start up with England in 1399.

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

But the new german admin republics are damn crazy.Easy to dominate all reachable CoTs,easy to pick off weak neighbors in Normal difficulty(but near impossible on Very hard).All one needs is to have some horde border and Americas,here the mighty opm nation with economy,equal to 60%- 80% of remaining world,facerolls though ye.
    And all this in some damn fifty years.
    And i don't even want to see somebody playing 'em and getting triple cores..
    Short answer:hansa now is crap.

[IMG]file://localhost/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/Desktop/POLAND.bmp[/IMG]

my great polish empire

Aliance with moskva ,inhereted Lithuania,Hungary,annexed teutonic oreder and a bunch of vassals,and colonised The Golden horde.

everything would be great except for 2 BIG problems:

inflation 59

and land tech 7,while the austrians have 17 i think and they destroy me

Any advices to get out of this mess would be apreciated

Has anyone else noted the Mamlukes getting slaughtered by a mix of Syria, Yemen, and Hedjaz? I'm still on my first game, but that's the most surprising thing I've noticed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    [IMG]file://localhost/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/Desktop/POLAND.bmp[/IMG]

my great polish empire

Aliance with moskva ,inhereted Lithuania,Hungary,annexed teutonic oreder and a bunch of vassals,and colonised The Golden horde.

everything would be great except for 2 BIG problems:

inflation 59

and land tech 7,while the austrians have 17 i think and they destroy me

Any advices to get out of this mess would be apreciated
    You need to upload it somewhere. The image, I mean.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Imageshack should just die...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Finally managed to get elected Emperor as Poland; now I just intend to slowly work my way through the reforms; I haven't played in the HRE since sometime before the reform system was introduced.

That's Venice that's overrun the Caucuses and most of the GH territory, and Nizhny revolted from Novgorod, taking nearly all the provinces when they did - not sure how exactly, the rebels only had three or four provinces controlled when they revolted.
    Victoria 2: Bismark 1

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My aragonese Empire at the end of the 16th century, consisting of Brazil, the Netherlands, Italy and naturally a slightly expanded Aragon. My inability to vassalize the Papal States is my biggest annoyance right now, after I luckily avoided the French defender of faith and vassalized Brabant.

Birds flying high, you know what I mean
    Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
    Dragonflies out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't you know?
    Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
    Like sleeping in peace, when the day is done
    And this old world is a new world
    And a bold world
    For me
    And I'm feeling good!

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Just an update on my last map I invaded parts of Portugal after the entire Peninsula warred me.... Then used Cascading alliances after Burgandy took over........

Also how do I fix the constant rebellions from nobles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Thrax View Post
    Finally managed to get elected Emperor as Poland; now I just intend to slowly work my way through the reforms; I haven't played in the HRE since sometime before the reform system was introduced.

That's Venice that's overrun the Caucuses and most of the GH territory, and Nizhny revolted from Novgorod, taking nearly all the provinces when they did - not sure how exactly, the rebels only had three or four provinces controlled when they revolted.
    Could you take a screenshot of the Balkans? They look really neat.

My glorious*, neutral republic of Switzerland! (*Not actually all that glorious. At one point my prestige was at -100. It never got past +30.)

Yes, that's it. However, do note the manpower and army size. Nine of my ten provinces were specialized in army buildings, with the capital specialized in production to support my army.

My goal was to see if it was possible to survive the game while remaining neutral. I made no guarantees, no warnings, and no alliances (except with my vassals).

All my territories were gained with spi- errrhm, by permitting rheinlander provinces who had liberated themselves from foreign subjugation to join the glorious republic.

Throughout the whole game I was only involved in six wars, all of them defensive, all of them in the 16th century, and four of them against Austria trying to reconquer Sundgau. Luckily they were more interested in declaring war to recover Sundgau than actually recovering Sundgau. The first two times they blitzed me, then left with all my money. The third time I managed to wrangle peace by admitting defeat with +16 warscore after 15 years of war. Fourth time they didn't manage to occupy a single province, and ended up ceding Tirol and Trent to me who I immediately released as vassal.

To be truly neutral, I left the HRE in 1613 and released my vassals around 1650. The rest of the game I spent developing my provinces and army, and trying to get more rheinlanders to join me. Unfortunately they seemed to prefer my brethren in Trier and later in Alsace over me.

I was nominally protestant, but the biggest religion was orthodox because I had taken Ecumenism to prevent religious strife because I had no missionaries because I had to be Innovative because I needed to stay ahead in tech.

Here's the world map: (extremely messy due to my non-involvement)

Thank you Paradox for finally allowing growth without expansion.
    I could do that with my eyes tied behind my back!

I thought id post my 1492 Russian empire just to show the remarkable venetian empire that has developed:

The Horde and novgorod made it quite difficult initially but rotating the wars between the two and allying with the teutonic order eventually gave me the upper hand. Next step secure my southern and western flank.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by knuckey View Post
    I thought id post my 1492 Russian empire just to show the remarkable venetian empire that has developed:
    Go go crusading Venice!

Nice empire. Russia is proceeding along quite well.
    "I heard that it started when a bloke called "Archie Duke" shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry."

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasing View Post
    Just an update on my last map I invaded parts of Portugal after the entire Peninsula warred me.... Then used Cascading alliances after Burgandy took over........

Also how do I fix the constant rebellions from nobles.
    Wow, thats beautiful.

7400+ gold? Are you minting like crazy or what?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

the same bug the guy with the insane 1410 Aragon had?
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

1448, I'm the TO. Nothing too impressive, I know, but look at Britain and Ireland. That's Scotland, Northumberland, Wales, Holland, Munster, and last but certainly not least, Naples (Whose Irish territories were taken from Portugal).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3 Map.jpg‎
Views:	956
Size:	794.4 KB
ID:	30383  

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniuratos View Post
    Northumberland
    Looks like they need to learn to read.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Well, they used to have just about all of England...then, well, Scotland came a'calling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 659 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 59 84 109 ... LastLast