• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TAoD

Major
93 Badges
Aug 28, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Vikings
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
I was playing a game as the North German Fed. going quite well and then France attacked me to get back Allaice Lorrien or whatever it is. Now I had been contained so this was rather clever so I decided to load an older save game to see if I could correct some mistakes. However, when I loaded the autosave, France instantly declared war on me when I loaded the game even though the game took place several years before they did in my normal game. I thought this was odd, so I loaded the olderautosave, going back even further, and the same thing happened. They declared war on me when I loaded it.

So Finally I loaded my actual named savegame that was the oldest one right after I won against the French and I should have a truce, enough time to repair relations. But guess what, for some odd reason the truce was gone and they declared war on me, lol.

I am now convinced that this is a problem in the game, when you load it up.

I am only using the unofficial fix pack for 1.2 and Im certain thats not the issue.

Did you form NGF recently, or Germany? There is a problem with truces not being transferred if the country TAG changes.

Did you form NGF recently, or Germany? There is a problem with truces not being transferred if the country TAG changes.

Yeah thats exactly it, I did form them recently. Ive also noticed that sometimes nations you have sphered sometimes vanish and also that relations with countries reset completely. I would have to say that this is bit of a game breaker at times, good thing cheating is easy and simple to use to fix some problems.
On top of that, France's apparent aggression is also annoying considering I spank them in the butt every time the want cores back, but I gotta hand it to them for being persistent.

Yeah thats exactly it, I did form them recently. Ive also noticed that sometimes nations you have sphered sometimes vanish and also that relations with countries reset completely. I would have to say that this is bit of a game breaker at times, good thing cheating is easy and simple to use to fix some problems.
On top of that, France's apparent aggression is also annoying considering I spank them in the butt every time the want cores back, but I gotta hand it to them for being persistent.
Losing countries from your SoI is entirely the point -- other GPsare influencing them, and if you let them build up enough Infuence, they'll get your spheree out of your SoI.

Revolution clear SoI and influence of all GP on the country.

And for the truce, forming a new country (changing tag) reset all truce... (If I'm not mistaken).

Losing countries from your SoI is entirely the point -- other GPsare influencing them, and if you let them build up enough Infuence, they'll get your spheree out of your SoI.

I know that, this is different. I mean they completely vanish after a new load up. Happened when I had Italy in my sphere with no one putting points into it.

I know that, this is different. I mean they completely vanish after a new load up. Happened when I had Italy in my sphere with no one putting points into it.
Have you got before/after savegames? This sounds like a but.

Go for an FC (France Conquest)! Jsut keep landgrabbingthem when they attack untill they are too small to dare do anything, or they are completely annexed.

Go for an FC (France Conquest)! Jsut keep landgrabbingthem when they attack untill they are too small to dare do anything, or they are completely annexed.

Doesnt work since I have recently discovered while playing that everyone wants to declare war on me while Im at war with someone else. Its usually the Netherlands, Denmark, or Russia wanting something from me while Im in huge conquest wars.