+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darkest Hour December Special - December 10th

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Cool Darkest Hour December Special - December 10th

Today you get to see some 1914 screens. I decided to post a picture of the Persian Gulf, since it is IMO one of the most accurate areas border-wise. The province borders fit just about every border change in the 20th century.

Last edited by MartinBG; 10-12-2010 at 11:00.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Darkest Hour

can't wait to play this scenario!!!!

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow, the ME seems so small and squished! But I think its becuase I'm used to the vanilla HoI2 map :P
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Owner of the Portuguese Speakers Community (PSC)!

Domination of the Draka for Darkest Hour

Afghanistan and Tibet have too similar map colours...

But nice screenshot, nonetheless.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Every border change you say? What about the Aqaba-random desert exchange between Jordan and Saudi Arabia in 1965? Saudi Arabia received a large inland desert area while Jordan was granted an extra 18 kilometers of coastline. I can't really see this properly on that map, but I suspect your map does not reflect the border as it was before the land exchange.
    I think more people who interact with me should know about the neuropsychological disorder, Asperger's Syndrome; that I am diagnosed with, in order to at least to some degree understand the background to my by some people perceived as strange personality.

The timeline of the game ends in 1964, sorry!

Looking forward to this. Would I be right in saying that Cyprus is divided into two provinces? Even E3 didn't have that level of detail, despite including a province for Transnistria!

Edit: also - is the Caspian sea now a proper sea rather than a lake? I see it has multiple sea provinces in it. If it is now a sea with ports, is there a link to the Black sea via the Volga?
    Last edited by FOARP; 10-12-2010 at 13:00.
    Click here if you want to know what FOARP stands for.

"Fighting for your own freedom is also fighting for national freedom, fighting for your own rights is also fighting for your country's rights - because a free and equal country cannot be made by a group of slaves!" - Hu Shi

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ^_AC_^ View Post
    The timeline of the game ends in 1964, sorry!
    The 20th century doesn't.

So
    The province borders fit just about every border change in the 20th century.
    ain't true in that regard.
    I think more people who interact with me should know about the neuropsychological disorder, Asperger's Syndrome; that I am diagnosed with, in order to at least to some degree understand the background to my by some people perceived as strange personality.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Amazing!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Samilou View Post
    If we are going to nit-pick he did state that it does fit "just about every", which implies that it fits the vast majority but not all.

EDIT: Amazing map btw.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    The 20th century doesn't.

So

"Chavez is leading his people into better future, after ages of explotation they have something to be happy about. Positive thing is also that he suport good causes all over south america and world too a sign of true greatnes." -Ivio
    "Yes, Stalin said the same thing." -Tufto

"I think I'm going insane. I can like FEEL each second and minute passing and it's making me go insane because like I could be building skills in those minutes instead of making a forum post or listening to music or g-chatting with a colleague. I can feel it in my brain and in my body. It's terrible.[...]Anyone else have this?" -EFT
    "Only when I read your posts." -trajan

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

I see that Jebel Shammar is there. That can be my 2nd campaign.
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Rome Gold
    Sengoku500k club

Caucasus looks really nice!
    Good job map workers!
    Yugoslav Wars
    A revolutionary mod for Darkest Hour!
    My Werewolf Stats.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Galactic Assault
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldShip Simulator Extremes
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    My trademark work - yummmy The map looks exquisite, can't wait to play.
    'Darkest Hour', a 1914-1964 Grand Strategy Game

32? Oh.... whyyy... 69 is much a nicer sounding number...

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Rome Gold
    Sengoku500k club

Why isn't Afghanistan splitted into more provinces?
    A possible SU invasion should be implanted.
    Yugoslav Wars
    A revolutionary mod for Darkest Hour!
    My Werewolf Stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    I have plenty of time to nitpick. And you have plenty of time to mock me. I did not just write it just for the purpose of proving someone wrong, I did it for the purpose of throwing in a little suggestion for an improvement to the map, righting a wrong is secondary and not important. Mocking people for not overwhelming the developers with praise (even though they sure deserve it!) creates a cold and inhospitable atmosphere in this forum, feedback and suggestions is much more important than encouragement, which I don't think they are in short supply of in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by It'satrap! View Post
    If we are going to nit-pick he did state that it does fit "just about every", which implies that it fits the vast majority but not all.
    indicates that he was incorrect in the case of the 1965 Saudi-Jordani land exchange, so that is the "regard" I am referring to, it does not indicate that the actual statement "about all" is incorrect. Yes the English language can be incredibly unclear and complicated.

I like this kind of discussions (nitpicking each other), but not when they don't turn bitter, so I hope you will all receive it well. The people involved with DH in particular, the last thing I want to do is to offend any of you or discourage you, but I admit that what I said can be misinterpreted as rude, but my intentions are good and this map is superior to anything else that has been created for a game. But in my opinion you should never give up and say something is perfect and shouldn't be improved when you have the chance to improve something with limited effort, never mind how minimal the improvement is. It is not that I will make a big deal out of it if you ignore my little suggestion. If you believe there are better things to spend developing time on, then please do so, because an outsider like me has very little of an insight into what is worthwhile for you or not.
    Last edited by Samilou; 10-12-2010 at 23:23.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Who owns Kuwait?
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

is the yellowish long strip of land a puppet of the ottoman empire? cause i think the ottomans controlled the area in 1914

Quote Originally Posted by whatguts View Post
    is the yellowish long strip of land a puppet of the ottoman empire? cause i think the ottomans controlled the area in 1914
    There were several regions which were only officially subject to Ottoman Rule, while in reality they were fully independent entities.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

There were several regions which were only officially subject to Ottoman Rule, while in reality they were fully independent entities.
    It should be a puppet or at least allied with the Ottomans in 1914, but not outright controlled (Sayyid Hussein bin Ali was appointed by the Ottomans as the Sharif of Mecca in 1908) and their were seperate Ottoman garrisons in the area as well but the Sharif will historically revolt and join the entente in 1916 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Revolt).
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast