• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seroone

Recruit
9 Badges
Nov 5, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I was playing as prussia and got SUUUUUPPER bored of the ole SOI stealing of the game thus far, and wonderd how do i go about stealing up some lands in Africa or the Indies to build up my resources and wealth!!!

Also how do i switch opionions from "Cordial" to Friendly.

Build naval bases. They're the only way to get naval range. You can check your range by mousing over a prospective colony.

To change opinion, go to the Diplomacy screen and look at the list of countries. You should see a rectangle divided into 3 parts with all 3 parts gray. Click on this rectangle. It affects how much you're influencing a country. Eventually you will see an alert at the top of the screen telling you that you've accumulated enough influence.

I was playing as prussia and got SUUUUUPPER bored of the ole SOI stealing of the game thus far, and wonderd how do i go about stealing up some lands in Africa or the Indies to build up my resources and wealth!!!

Also how do i switch opionions from "Cordial" to Friendly.
trying the tutorial isn't all wrong

The best way to expand into Africa or the Indies as Prussia is to take Dumyat region from Egypt and build the canal as well as a level 6 port. Then you should sufficiently be able to reach as far as need be. I generally take that region and then the Christmas Islands just west of Java. That region should put you into range of the Pacific islands. Just make sure that each island you 'hop' to that you also build a port there and get it as high as possible, so you gain the range to expand. Alternatively you could take Omani Somaliland and annex Brunei. Those two areas will give you sufficient range if you build ports to take pretty much anything in the east that you want.

I got into a war early with Portugal and took Macronesia, Southern Angola, and Mocambique and started to build ports in those states to give me naval range for asian conquest and colonization. I did this while playing the SOI game with Austria/France/UK thinking that I might as well be doing something with my infamy (since I wasn't interested in taking territory from Austria (trying to establish nearly historical borders in Europe.)