• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A very interesting AAR.
Just my two cents:

A. It may have been beneficial to get some construction practical right off the start to speed up your fort construction at this stage.

B. Manpower is going to be an issue. I totally understand waging a defensive battle, but once you starting reinforcing all those infantry units to replace losses, you may find yourself in a manpower hole you can't get out of. Would there not be some benefit to shifting IC into less manpower intesive units (i.e. arty or engineer brigades as attachments, armour or interceptors and tac)?

C. At some point your going to need to shift momentum if you can weather the initial storm. Can your infantry clear the Danzig pocket to the north? It would allow you to concentrate forces purely westward if you had the forces necessary to clear the pocket.

This should be an interesting war. Your prepared for an enemy and you know the ground he must cross.

I did not think about forts yet when I started. Still I should be able to make some more forts before the war.

I knew from the beginning Manpower would be an issue, that's why I stopped producing units when I had 45 divisions ( still current total). As of now I got around 350 manpower,
around 150 is needed to mobilise.that would leave me with around 200 manpower left to replace losses.

Armour would be a lost cause since the beginning, too costly ( in my opinion) especially with the low ic Poland offers ( in comparison with the majors).
Like you said I probably am going to wage a defensive war so that would make artillery a bit pointless since they would die fast.

I have 45 divisions total and already it seems to me I have too much " border" to cover, I aim to defense around the river with forts etc, but that still leaves me with 15+ provinces to cover, which obviously, I don't got the divisions for. In no way I can take the danzig pocket since Germany took an interest in stacking 10+ divisions there.

This surely will be an interesting war, I know I can't count on the Allies, so it's basically is a solo war. My hope is to stop the German advance at my defensive line at the river, and ( by time) can try to take the initiative.

Zukoprince.

Good Strategy, I tried it myself in one of my Polish games, there were plenty of titanic battles but I was defeated by a German breakthrough in the Konigsberg region. Its the hardest place to defend in my opinion.

What I did in my games as Poland is not worrying about manpower. You will not lose that many men in 1939 if you build your defenses properly because the Germans simply won't attack. Getting rid of Konigsberg is crucial though. I used cavalry divisions to cut the main force off from the city. Makes things easier.

Then you wait until 1940-1941 to counter attack. The Allies usually send expeditionary forces to Danzig.

Zukoprince: ...On the 3rd of February, Japan annexed Communist China.

score one for the bad guys, against the really bad guys ! ! :rolleyes:

Zukoprince: ...On the 17th of February, the polish people decided they would work harder .. On the 20th of April, little more then a month after the people worked harder, they participated in a major strike.

got a good event, got a bad(?) event. how did they balance out ? ?

Zukoprince: ...On the 13th of June we got a shocking report, Japan canceled our trade deal, and a month later, The Soviet Union canceled theirs.To keep the plus in resources we needed to switch over to USA

yes ! ! gotta keep those factories running ! ! :D

Zukoprince: ...we have 1940 technology for our armed forces

wonderful ! !

Zukoprince: ...On the 28th of September, Germany annexed the Sudetenland .. Japan annexed Xibei San Ma the same day.

score two for the bad guys ! ! :eek:

Zukoprince: ...4 days later, Nationalist China surrendered to Japan. .. it became clear why the Japanese canceled their trade with us.

bummer, add another one

Zukoprince: ...25 December 1938, .. Japan won total victory over the Chinese nations, their war was over.

more bad news ! !

but, that is the way the events crumble ! !

excellent update ! ! :cool:

Zukoprince: ...On the 3rd of February, Japan annexed Communist China.

score one for the bad guys, against the really bad guys ! ! :rolleyes:

Zukoprince: ...On the 17th of February, the polish people decided they would work harder .. On the 20th of April, little more then a month after the people worked harder, they participated in a major strike.

got a good event, got a bad(?) event. how did they balance out ? ?

Zukoprince: ...On the 13th of June we got a shocking report, Japan canceled our trade deal, and a month later, The Soviet Union canceled theirs.To keep the plus in resources we needed to switch over to USA

yes ! ! gotta keep those factories running ! ! :D

Zukoprince: ...we have 1940 technology for our armed forces

wonderful ! !

Zukoprince: ...On the 28th of September, Germany annexed the Sudetenland .. Japan annexed Xibei San Ma the same day.

score two for the bad guys ! ! :eek:

Zukoprince: ...4 days later, Nationalist China surrendered to Japan. .. it became clear why the Japanese canceled their trade with us.

bummer, add another one

Zukoprince: ...25 December 1938, .. Japan won total victory over the Chinese nations, their war was over.

more bad news ! !

but, that is the way the events crumble ! !

excellent update ! ! :cool:

The polish people gave me +5 percent IC.
The major strike gave me +10 percent on consumer goods.

So it didn't really balance out.

Zukoprince

Zukoprince: The polish people gave me +5 percent IC. The major strike gave me +10 percent on consumer goods. So it didn't really balance out.

that is what i was worried about ! ! :wacko:

really, when you play a minor you need assistance, not hindrances ! ! :eek:

Zukoprince: The polish people gave me +5 percent IC. The major strike gave me +10 percent on consumer goods. So it didn't really balance out.

that is what i was worried about ! ! :wacko:

really, when you play a minor you need assistance, not hindrances ! ! :eek:

Well it didn't hurt the polish economy much :p.

Furthermore I would like to wish everyone a happy christmas

Zukoprince

Zukoprince: Well it didn't hurt the polish economy much :p.

well, let's see. first, you gain +5% IC. that is good ! ! then you lose with the +10 % consumer goods. the net effect of those two events is that you lose 10.5 % extra resources due to consumer goods ! ! :rolleyes:

were you not in a deficit with resources already ? ?

Zukoprince: ...Furthermore I would like to wish everyone a happy Christmas

agree ! ! Merry Christmas, ALL ! ! :cool: