• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zukoprince

Captain
16 Badges
Jan 24, 2010
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Iron Cross
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Gettysburg
Hi there.

Some of you might remember me from my Germany aar, some might not.
I've decided to start a new AAR.

I wanted to take a country which isn't overkilled ( like germany ). and I also didn't want an easy country, so that's why I chose Poland to be my next AAR.

Difficulty: Normal.
Version: Semper FI 2.03C

I don't know if I will play 100 percent historical or add my own twists to this AAR, I leave that up to when I play the game.

Chapters

Chapter 1: A new beginning

Chapter 2: Januari - August 1936.
Chapter 3 August 1936 - 1 januari 1937.
Chapter 4: The Year of Wars 1937
Chapter 5: The year of Rising Tensions 1938
Zukoprince

Last edited:
Poland certainly has some interesting options ! ! good luck ! ! :)

Awesome I love this AAR already
I was thinking about making one myself too I even got all the pictures from 36 to annexation of germany and italy
But good luck with this

A new Beginning

2cn8ux1.jpg

The year is 1936

w20twm.jpg

The first thing that needed to be done was removing cavalry divisions to get some more manpower.
It was also noticed that We need 200 manpower to mobilise, so there is only little room for more units.

The Navy consisted of one submarine and one destroyer, they were disbanded, since they would be of little use against anyone,

same with the airforce, it consisted of 2 interceptors and one bomber.

Furthermore it was decided that we coudn't afford it to keep up the spy network in europe so all the spies were removed.

fp6xy0.jpg

The New political party looks like this as of now.

vfe4au.jpg

We faced a major problem at the technology statistics. our total leadership was 7.70.
We had to divide those to 4 different tabs: Spies,Technology,officers and diplomacy.

Since we can't afford and don't want a spy network we could leave that too zero.
We can't influence anyone and we are not going to do that much in diplomacy so we left that on zero too.
Officers could be made later so I left that on zero too.
That would amount to a total of 7.7 points for technology.

By carefully checking what we would need, we came to the following conclusion:

We are probably going to fight a defensive war, so we only need Infantry soft attack + defensiveness tech.
Tanks would be too expensive to build , let alone tech it up. Furthermore we selected

53wrd4.jpg

And last but not least, we decided to build 4 new infantry divisions.

9gbko3.jpg

Zukoprince

Im not sure if rushing tech is a good idea when you have so low leadership
And are you planning to change to consumer product orientation?

I disagree on that, I do not plan to use tanks or artillery etc, Just plain infantry, so researching others would be useless unless I change my mind.
Right now, I only need what the technology screen shows you.

I need the best defence so I minimize org loss, I need more org = more endurance.
I need agriculture for the manpower and first aid to minimize losses.
In my opinion I really do not need any more then that. ( based on low leadership)

I am still thinking about changing that law but not sure yet.

Zukoprince

Zukoprince: ...It was also noticed that We need 200 manpower to mobilise, so there is only little room for more units.

at the moment, how many units can you build ? ?

Zukoprince: ... 7.7 points for technology.

good choice ! ! :)

Zukoprince: ...we decided to build 4 new infantry divisions.

the HQ in queue is also good ! ! :D

excellent update ! !
:cool:

Zukoprince: ...It was also noticed that We need 200 manpower to mobilise, so there is only little room for more units.

at the moment, how many units can you build ? ?

Zukoprince: ... 7.7 points for technology.

good choice ! ! :)

Zukoprince: ...we decided to build 4 new infantry divisions.

the HQ in queue is also good ! ! :D

excellent update ! !

Well I had some 400 manpower at the start of the game, mobilise button said 191 manpower ( but I always make it a round number so that's where 200 comes from).
And all the manpower I will get 1936-1939 I will use as reinforcement, so that leaves me only 200 manpower to build units :/

Zukoprince

This will be interesting. Subscribed!

Zukoprince: Next update will be tomorrow

wonderful ! ! :cool:

Now it is tomorrow :D.

Januari - August 1936.

The rest of Januari and most of February, sadly didn't have any great news.

On the 26th of February, our Industrial police law changed to " Consumer goods orientation".
This freed up valuable Industrial Capacity which we need to re-arm and prepare for any threat.
We aimed to be as friendly to the population as possible, investing more time and research into what
our people want.

2njworm.jpg

Despite our goal, to re-arm and turn our nation into a rich and resource-full country, on 16th of April 1936,
the people of Poland called for a demonstration.
We assured the people that we won't go into war unless attacked.
Not because we want the people to be happy and not think about terrible times that may, or may not come, but because
we believe this to be true.
The Russians in the east showed no signs of building up for a war, On our west side, despite A new Leader and political cabinet,
Germany was still a peaceful nation, still holding true to the treaty of versailles, and building up relations with the rest of
Europe.

5e70ib.jpg

On the 3th of June, our four new divisions were ready, and we also received 1936 tech in the same month, on all 4 subjects.

faspd2.jpg

immediatly we ordered a new construction of 6 divisions, they were to be ready in october 1936.
Our armed forces counted 45 divisions up till now.
Although that is much considered our nation is not so big and rich as others, most of our divisions counted
only 3 brigades, making it a total of 9 thousand soldiers per division when mobilised for war.
Our aim is to have at least 70 divisions, with 4 brigades, ready in January 1939

1znx17l.jpg

On the first of August 1936 we received news that more men would be willingly to serve in our armed
forces in the future. They will serve our nation well

2iubb7l.jpg

It was the same day the 1936 summer olympics started.
The summer Olympics would be hosted by Germany, Poland participated.

i4fkgz.jpg

kdu2hj.jpg

The Olympics were opened by Adolph Hitler.

34r9652.jpg

On the 6th of August the closing cerenomy was held.

Germany was number one of the world.
2nd best was The United States.
and last but not least, the 3th best was Hungary.

Germany had 33 gold medals, 26 silver and 30 bronze
USA had 24 gold medals 20 silver and 12 bronze
Hungary had 10 gold medals 1 silver and 5 bronze

Poland came in as 22nd best of the world counting 3 silver and 3 bronze medals.

Last edited:
Let's see if this Poland is as successful as the one from the Wielkoposlka HOI2 AAR.

Good luck for the Mighty White Eagle!

Zukoprince: ...On the 26th of November, our Industrial police law changed to " Consumer goods orientation".

why did this take so long ? ? :confused:

mind you, i am not complaining, i just don't know as i don't have HOI3.

Zukoprince: ...Despite our goal, to re-arm and turn our nation into a rich and resource-full country,

perhaps you could consider that the acquisition of additional property might be useful ! ! ;) in a defensive manner, of course. :)

Zukoprince: ...on 16th of April 1936, the people of Poland called for a demonstration.

what good does a +2 percent support of the ruling party do ?

any other benefits to that peace demonstration ? ?

Zukoprince: ...On the 3th of June, our four new divisions were ready, and we also received 1936 tech in the same month, on all 4 subjects.

NOW we are talking ! ! Real assets ! ! Boots on the ground ! ! :D

Zukoprince:
...immediately we ordered a new construction of 6 divisions, they were to be ready in October 1936.

bravo ! !

excellent update ! !

Zukoprince: ...On the 26th of November, our Industrial police law changed to " Consumer goods orientation".

why did this take so long ? ? :confused:

mind you, i am not complaining, i just don't know as i don't have HOI3.

Zukoprince: ...Despite our goal, to re-arm and turn our nation into a rich and resource-full country,

perhaps you could consider that the acquisition of additional property might be useful ! ! ;) in a defensive manner, of course. :)

Zukoprince: ...on 16th of April 1936, the people of Poland called for a demonstration.

what good does a +2 percent support of the ruling party do ?

any other benefits to that peace demonstration ? ?

Zukoprince: ...On the 3th of June, our four new divisions were ready, and we also received 1936 tech in the same month, on all 4 subjects.

NOW we are talking ! ! Real assets ! ! Boots on the ground ! ! :D

Zukoprince:
...immediately we ordered a new construction of 6 divisions, they were to be ready in October 1936.

bravo ! !

excellent update ! !

26th of November actually was a typ mistake, was meant to say February ( as you can see in the picture) going to change that right now.

The peace demonstration was just a event that happened to pass by.
The 2 percent bonus on ruling party makes the ruling party gain org/popularity.
It's one of those flavor events for democratic countries.

to van5:
I'm not totally sure yet if I will join the allies.

Zukoprince

Allies offer nothing of a help to Poland. I played many times and had to stay on my own because France and UK did nothing. It's probably in the engine because rarely it happens that French move from the Maginot Line.

I am writing my aar with Poland but in polish on our polish website right now. maybe I will translate it some time.
The best strategy for Poland is to stay put behind the Wisła river and and attack only the Konigsberg area. If you manege to survive till winter behind Wisła then there is a chance.