• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rsdworker

Captain
23 Badges
Sep 18, 2010
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Island Bound
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Cities in Motion 2
somewhere in other post in general forum

Cities in Motion
The second part of the closed beta started yesterday, which means the game is one step closer to release! Thank you all who signed up for it, we appreciate that you want to help us make this game great.

i am confused cause this post stated there was other chance
Hi everyone!

There will be another chance to try Cities in Motion. Please follow the updates here in the Paradox Forum, on Facebook or Twitter!

And thank you for your enthusiasm toward Cities in Motion, we really appreciate your help with testing the game.

Cheers,
Mariina

we did miss bus to cities in motion beta for the second chance to beta? cause FB and Twitter and forum didn't mention there was second chance so i was worried cause i missed first beta joining so if someone realizes this cause its supposed a second joining for more people to test out
so someone needs pm me (offical staff only) to explain fully cause i was disspointed with first signups on oct cause i wanted to help out but they said sorry and told me - i was unable to join beta due too many people wanting it so its was left out for long time but above quote its was good chance for me but weeks passed and nothing happening so its needs someone explaining what happening
thanks

Last edited:
I imagine they sent out a 2nd round of invitations to the people in the first application who weren't picked right away. Like, 500 people applied, only 100 were invited at first, then they invited 50 more of those 400 who weren't picked, etc.

i agree with you its unfair - i been pmed commuity manger - he should pm me soon cause he knows what happening
"He" is a "she".

Usually, a lot depends on luck as there are far more people who want to participate in a beta than open spots.

EDIT: I meant Kallocain, the Paradox community manager, just to make this clear.

Last edited:
"He" is a "she".

Usually, a lot depends on luck as there are far more people who want to participate in a beta than open spots.

yeah but Mariina stated there would be other chance - but we are confused cause commuity manager said they moved on one step closer to release but where the second chance - that's why i am asking someone to respond to this

Hi everyone!

The second phase of the Beta has started and we have invited more people to join. Unfortunately there aren't open spots for all the people who have signed in. It was a complete surprise how many applications we received in the first phase and it makes me very happy to see how many of you guys are interested in Cities in Motion. I'm very sorry we can't include all of you in the Beta at this stage.

My promise is still very valid, you will get the chance to try the game out before the release. I know it's difficult but please be patient :)

Best regards,
Mariina

Hi everyone!

The second phase of the Beta has started and we have invited more people to join. Unfortunately there aren't open spots for all the people who have signed in. It was a complete surprise how many applications we received in the first phase and it makes me very happy to see how many of you guys are interested in Cities in Motion. I'm very sorry we can't include all of you in the Beta at this stage.

My promise is still very valid, you will get the chance to try the game out before the release. I know it's difficult but please be patient :)

Best regards,
Mariina

thanks for message i hope i will get chance

start off topic:
you will PM me if you want to talk about beta application and few issues cause i like to talk to person
end of off topic

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Best regards,
Mariina
Whattttt, that's silly...

I thought you were going to allow more people to sign up to the beta, for those that missed out the first time..... Got my hopes up. Pathetic.... :mad:

Whattttt, that's silly...

I thought you were going to allow more people to sign up to the beta, for those that missed out the first time..... Got my hopes up. Pathetic.... :mad:

I don't feel like it's pathetic at all. From my understanding, many people missed out on the first time while they were expecting to get it, now there is a second phase, some lucky people queued from the first beta got into the second phase, it makes sense to me there were no need for a second phase registration. Moreover, it would even be unfair for the people who registered early on in the first beta to be bypassed by a new round of registration.
As sad as it is, you have to understand the goal of the beta is to improve and test the game to bring it to a better shipping quality, and it is understandable the developers/publishers have to keep the number of people involved in that process fairly small or it gets out of hand very quickly and is not beneficial to the process. Additionally, it makes no sense to let everybody gets the beta as many people mistakenly think of the beta as game demo and don't realize it is not the final game they are playing which causes a lot of mayhem on forums :)
For the people like you and me who really hoped to get a hand on the beta, let's just hope there will be another round! Anyhow, the game is gonna be out in not such a long time, so I'll be even happier with it than with a beta :)

don't be pathetic - as marnia said there was no Open slots left that why we didn't get any open slots but he said there will be a chance to try out before its release :)