• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Viking_Manstein

Major
5 Badges
May 18, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hi again dudes ! Since my first AAR died in mid summer because the saved game could not be transferred to Semper Fi I have got requests to start a new "Fuhrers war". And now that the school year is virtually over I have found the time to do it :)
As you might have guessed, I will be playing as Germany, however, I want you to chose which start-date I shall be playing from, I am not very keen on a 1944 scenario, but if that is what you guys want, then I am in for that to :D

Edit: This is going to be a theatrical AAR were Hitler will be the main character, he will show off his temper should any general fail to deliver the expected results. The main focus will be on the military aspects of the game and I have decided to play the 1943 scenario. My version of the game is Semper FI 2.03.

FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS AAR, go to the last post please :)

Last edited:
hmmm...how about loading the Barbarossa scenario? see if the amount of forces Germany had historically was infact enough, dependant on different tactics? :D

There's been a lot of early entry AARs on Germany. Would be interesting with a later start. Why not 41.

'41 would be interesting, but so would '43.

In my opinion you should go for 1943, since Germany starts this scenario at a slight disadvantage vis-a-vis the Allies and Russia. At the start of Barbarossa on the other hand it's highly unlikely a human playing Germany will fail to subdue the Soviet Union and consequently the Western Powers. 1944 would be even more of a handfull, but I can understand your reasons for not wanting to play this scenario.

Yeah! Go for it! On "hard" I hope ;)

I am looking very foreword to this. Lets hope the german navy performs as well in this AAR as the last one.

tbh, i would have prefered June '41 - like i said before, your doing the invasion just like real life, with the same number of divisions etc., but trying to use a better strategy than Hitler. the '43 scenario never appeals to me - its pretty much lost already.

@Jack the '43 is far from lost.. however I do agree with you that '41 campaign would be more fun, either that for the invasion sake, or '44 just to see how one would deal with every front under attack :D

43' is in my opinion the most interesting scenario, it has both fighting in Africa and a high difficulty level.