• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

twcAxeman

Major
22 Badges
Jan 30, 2008
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
Warning If you like in depth narratives with alot of background story transporting you away from EU3 as if you are reading a book, I am sorry to disappoint. I will however use my somewhat amazing sense of humor and intelligence, EU3 wise, combined with my sense of modesty, to bring you an AAR of... satisfactory proportions!

3432116605_8c6c1e0d53.jpg

Chapter Links

Chapter 1 Look Down.

Chapter 2 2nd the best, not around... yet.

===================================

Chapter 1:

No Korea is best Korea!

No Korea is Best Korea!
[/B]

In 1399 Manchuria was a backwater Kingdom to everybody else but the Manchu, so therefore everybody else was wrong.

It was forgotten by the Ming and seen only as a commodity to the Chinese Tributary System.
It was dismissed by the Mongols as bastardized offsprings of their great conquests.
The Japanese asked where Manchuria was on the map.
The Koreans dismiss them as simply an unorganized tribesmen as they argue which half of their country is better.

When the King heard of what the Koreans said, he declared war immediately, such a travesty cannot befall the Manchu without punishment! He put himself into the field and ordered 5,000 infantry recruited from the countryside. He did this in the name of being innovative!

EU3_1-3.jpg

When the war begins everybody panics that the soldiers have to attack, the king says defense is fine even as he marches into Korea.

EU3_2-1.jpg

The Manchu Arm- Horde swings down the Korean Peninsula's eastern end as the standing Korean army marched North into the Marauding Manchu Mountaintop Marine climate in the North. The Manchus destroyed levied Korean cavalry before it could reinforce the Northern Army attacking Hixi.

EU3_3.jpg

The Manchu Horde distributes itself out onto every Korean Province with what troops left directly on the Korean Southern Flank.

EU3_4-1.jpg

Nobles were unsatisfied that they were not winning fast enough, and decided China was more comfortable then the saddle, the King sighed heavily and threw them into the river quietly...

EU3_6.jpg

After every province is seized and the Korean Army in Manchuria destroyed *no screenshots of that, but it was only 3,000 men* Korea enters the Manchu Sphere as a loyal vassal.

EU3_9.jpg

Japan, now aware of our location decides that we should be allies since they now can find us on a map.

EU3_11.jpg

The Ki-- Emper--, Khan? Returns back to Manchuria and lights some incense, deciding that maybe this new age stuff isn't so bad after all...

EU3_12.jpg

So now Korea is a loyal vassal who will soon be integrated, and if they refuse we will give them more money and ask again politely for about 30 years until they have so much gold, they are crushed under it.

So, now the Emperor turns his eyes south...

Last edited:
Nice start. :) I'm interested in seeing where you'll go from here.

Chapter 2 : Going down South.

In 1404 Ryuku was a backwater kingdom.

The Chinese said it was a backwater not worth its rule.
The Japanese said they were Japanese who ran around dressed in loin clothes, not worthy to be Japanese *because all animists are the same!*
The Koreans said nothing because the Manchus didn't give them permission first.

The Manchus, hearing of this, declared war because they are heathens!

EU3_1-4.jpg

After what was tantamount to sailing to the Island and telling the natives "this is ours now" they were annexed.

EU3_3-1.jpg

The God-King Emperor of the Manchus was not far enough South Yet, so he asked his other god-king-friend-pal to give him military access.

EU3_5-1.jpg

He Gathered his entire army there, for no clear reason whatsoever......

EU3_7-1.jpg

He declared war on those Champa, just because they remind him of a dirty crocodile they once saw. *Cookie if you get the reference*

The Crocodile-Man Army is no match for the God-Emperor-King-Khan.

EU3_8.jpg

Soon peace is signed for a single province.

EU3_10-1.jpg

What is the importance of that province? Well we decided to rename it Manchuville first of all... And then we notice that the Chinese are there too....

EU3_20.jpg

EU3_19.jpg

After his fight against the crocodile men, the emperor is tired, and dies. He is succeeded by a Comedian-Goddess-Emperor

EU3_12-1.jpg

Open Mic night doesn't go so well for her...

EU3_14.jpg

FREEDOM!!!

EU3_17.jpg

GLOOORY!!!!

EU3_18.jpg

SECURITY!!!!?

EU3_21.jpg

After a series of super amazing moves of policy by the new Goddess-Empress and after many years of politely asking and being rejected, Korea joins the horde!!

EU3_24.jpg

Finally, the Manchu Navy is built up to carry its entire Army at once so it can quickly suppress revolts in Southeast Asia and Korea and Okinawa, the navy makes us a more efficient military dictatorship.

EU3_26.jpg

I like the army name. :p

Quite funny. Well done! :)

Chapter 3 : Pyramid Scams Galore!

At the start of 1434 our comedian ruler was not considered very funny, the subjects begged to not be forced to listen, so it was allowed, this time...

EU3_2-2.jpg

The Manchu Horde quite intuitively continues to move towards defensive posture in military matters, after all we need to knock down forts somehow!

EU3_3-2.jpg

PATRIOT!

patriot-1.jpg

Not that one, these.....

EU3_6-1.jpg

Ming's civil war is resolved when a 6 shock 6 manuever general re-conquers everything, I quickly make nice with them again when our king dies.
Nothing happens under the new boring but competent king except for slider moves, as soon as he dies however China once again enters a civil war. Civil war goes badly for the standing government, is replaced by Indian Usurpers...

EU3_31.jpg

Korea is integrated as a full province of the Manchurian Empire!

EU3_32.jpg

FREEDOM!!!!

ANOTHER Ming civil war kicks the Indian Usurpers out of power, and I get 4 provinces from them, 2 of them randomly in the south without my culture or religion...

EU3_41.jpg

We sell them and make a killing, this will finance our modernization.

EU3_40.jpg

EU3_42.jpg

Rebels that went across from the Ming rebellions chased heretics into Manchuria and have occupied a province, a bit overzelous aren't they....

EU3_1-5.jpg

Oh, and one minor detail, we changed religions by force and are converting everybody. We are losing the -50% base tax penalty for confucianism, and so our income is growing massively.

EU3_2-3.jpg

Without a screen shot : I intentionally switched national ideas twice, getting ship gangs and building a bunch of Carracks, and then switching back to get missionaries, provoking a religious revolt in the process with -3 stab, thus allowing me to switch to Hinduism. I had screen shots before, but photo bucket didn't upload them and I already cleaned them from my recycle bin.

Hoping to make contact with Europeans soon, I can build up now but I still need to westernize!

The world : 1518

EU3_MAP_MCH_1516101_1.jpg

Last edited:
Fun stuff, and a Hindu Manchu no less. I'll follow.

That's quite a windfall from the two Ming provinces! :)