• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(209265)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jun 2, 2010
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
First off I love the game despite it's rough edges I think paradox really has a great base with which to expand with Victoria 2. At its very root and core Victoria 2 is by far my favorite paradox game to date but I think the economic system needs more levels.

What I find kind of aggravating is that when I play as Britain or France and I am at max industrial output and what not, there really is not much for my economy to do. Yes my capitalists can keep expanding every single factory in my country but there really needs to be the development of some sort of a service sector.

If for example there was something like a "Financial Service" business like a bank or investment bank I think it would be really cool if people like clerks could deposit or invest there money as a pool with the capitalists so that that $ can be further used to stimulate the economy. Obviously this is only one potential part of a service sector but I think it would add more potential for booms as well as more potential for busts. If tons and tons of clerks invest money and the domestic economy comes to a crash with all that money in the bank then that money is lost.

I read before the game was released that someone had the idea that "Financial Service Buildings" would employ capitalists and clerks. What I think this could do is like Financial services would tend to gravitate into the same provinces and then their would be certain regions which really are financial market capitals and then other regions that get the capital investments. For example a region like Ile de France or London may have a concentration of Financial Services whereas Picardie or the Midlands would receive these infusions of cash from the banks in Paris or London.This would concentrate more $ in the hands of the Bourgeoise class and I think would lead to the realistic class conflict of the period.

Probably this is absolutely impossible to implement but I think some sort of service sector be it financial services or other types could add a really interesting flavor to the game.

id recommend to wait with the latest popdemand, there seems to besome trouble right now, sadly :( its a friggin great mod though :)