• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SonofWinter

46 Badges
Jun 28, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
I know you get -2 to revolt risk. Does this do anything else? Does it drop you back to your old culture? Anyone know? I'm afraid to accept the -2 benefit, because it doesn't say what happens other than the -2 revolt risk.

Also, do Western countries all have stability costs at +50%? Or is this just a punishment for anyone trying to escape their own crappy tech progression?

I know you get -2 to revolt risk. Does this do anything else? Does it drop you back to your old culture? Anyone know? I'm afraid to accept the -2 benefit, because it doesn't say what happens other than the -2 revolt risk.

Also, do Western countries all have stability costs at +50%? Or is this just a punishment for anyone trying to escape their own crappy tech progression?

It prevents you from taking the next westernization decision as long as you have the modifier. And that's about it I think, but that's just my experience.

Yeah, it just slows your westernistion down, and encourages you to go all the way Westernizing / Miltary Modernisation.

I'm playing Poland. I can't Westernize any more. I'm already Western. Or can I get my armies to the same units as Western Europe?

Just checked, I guess I can get my units to Western type units. Very sweet.

Also, moving beyond my current centralization max, I just get -1 stab hits, every time I move? Or is there something worse?

You get Policy restrictions and every point you are over the limit for any of the limits you will get +1 to RR in every province

Resist western influences prevents you from using the military modernization option. If you know you're not going to modernize soon because your leader and his heir have under 7 admin or you just don't wanna do it for a while, then it's not a bad thing. If you were planning to westernize/modernize back to back, then it's a problem. The slow stability increase is because people are reacting to the changes you're putting them through.

When you do modernize, be sure to have your army built up plus some spare cash and three high level artists. Westernizing is annoying, but modernizing is downright painful, be prepared for tons of revolts and get your stability back up fast.

You'll get 1 RR for every point you move past your slider limit. However the military modernisation causes you to get 2 points of decentralisation which brings you back to -3 which is the limit for an Empire.

You'll get 1 RR for every point you move past your slider limit. However the military modernisation causes you to get 2 points of decentralisation which brings you back to -3 which is the limit for an Empire.
I didn't go the Empire route, went to Admin Mon, which is just as good, but has greater flexibility in other ways.

I didn't go the Empire route, went to Admin Mon, which is just as good, but has greater flexibility in other ways.

Admin monarchy is a later choice (based on tech level and not just number of provinces) and loses you the holy war CB which is very poweful if you want to expand against the Muslims. It is also very hard to go to Absolute Monarchy which is overwhelmingly the best choice circa 1650 because it gives you the Imperialsim CB.

If you want a more peaceful game it is a good choice, but going Empire early, say 1430, and staying that way till Absolute Monarchy appears is a better war monger strategy.

My earlier comment was of course just relate to slider maximus, and my point was that enacting the modernisation decision removes the policy restiction penalty, so that you are OK once you do it.

Admin monarchy is a later choice (based on tech level and not just number of provinces) and loses you the holy war CB which is very poweful if you want to expand against the Muslims. It is also very hard to go to Absolute Monarchy which is overwhelmingly the best choice circa 1650 because it gives you the Imperialsim CB.
Are you sure that you cannot have the Holy War CB with admin monarchy? The EU3 wiki states that this are the conditions:

EU3 wiki said:
Before 1650, Christian or Muslim, and one of these must be true: Be an Empire, Defender of the Faith, border Crusade/Jihad target, Unam Sanctum NI, Divine Supremacy NI.

So being an Empire makes it easier to get the Holy War CB, but being an admin monarchy doesn't make you lose the CB (AFAIK).

I agree with you that for warmongering absolute monarchy is way better than admin monarchy.

Admin monarchy is a later choice (based on tech level and not just number of provinces) and loses you the holy war CB which is very poweful if you want to expand against the Muslims.

You get the HW CB even with Admin Monarchy. I'm 100% sure of this.

Yup, I never had a problem with it.

I'm playing Poland, so I don't get the big empire anyways, because Lithuania always breaks the PU. Unless you want to play a weird game of try to millitarize as fast as Lithuania game. They just insult you to all seven hells and you loose your PU, which means you don't get to create an empire no matter what, till much later in the game and by then Admin Monarchy is just a better and easier choice.

Yes you get it on everyone you share a border with. With Empire you get it on everyone. This is incredibly useful, especially when "colonising".

Getting to 30 provinces isn't particularly hard, obviously if you are trying to stay small it is an impossible target but still. If lithuania break that PU you do know you get a 30 year CB on them right, take them down a peg or two!

Why dont u try to read events/decisions etc for information xD Everything u see in game is also scripted somewhere else (usually in common subfolder), its the best thing to do to figure out whatever is bugging u, and u might even wish to mod something urself, which can lead to great stuff imho.

Yes you get it on everyone you share a border with. With Empire you get it on everyone. This is incredibly useful, especially when "colonising".

Getting to 30 provinces isn't particularly hard, obviously if you are trying to stay small it is an impossible target but still. If lithuania break that PU you do know you get a 30 year CB on them right, take them down a peg or two!

Well, to be nitpicky, with the correct NI or Defender of the Faith you also do not need to share a border.