• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can you buy provinces? I haven't seen that in the game/

Sorry, I was half-awake when I typed that, basically I had a second war, loaded up as Spain and gave them a load of money via a cheat afterwards - ie very tedious and very much a destroyer of AAR magic, so I left it out of my narrative, but the results seem reasonable enough, plus I have a soft spot for Primista Spain so I thought they could do with the money.

Excellent updates (as ever).

I don't know how sound the future of Cuban plantations (angry guerillas, etc) will be, so I will be investing my money in Confederate shipyards. The pyrrhic naval victory/defeat should mean good business for the next few years.

Very interesting. enjoying this immensley.

keep it up.

So we have to wonder, with the innovative but political Mallory out of the picture will the Conederate military slow its technical progression.

Sandino: It all up in the air really, the final result will be something a mash up, and certainly wont leave everyone happy

Arilou: Cuba's slaves are a touchy subject. Ironically the Confederates are in line with the pro-Spanish pennisulare landowners on this, wonder how that will play out...

Andreios II: No Cuba will help Spain in the long run - by 1898 the cost of controlling the island had practically stripped any economic reward, a quarter million occupation force, concentration camps, massacares, US-dominated economy etc. On the rest of the Empire, it should be remembered the Philippines was hardly peaceful, I imagine the Cuban War will have been seized on by Filipino rebels for a bloody and abortive revolution. Spain will be redirecting some of its energy into North Africa as well. Also the 1872 Elections, yes parallel elections will prove interesting.

Alfredian: Why thank you. Well, General Bragg's primary mission will be to ensure Cuba is safe for those lovely New Orleans and Richmond investors, we'll just have to see how successful he is. On boats, yes, with Mallory gone, Seddon and politicans on both sides will be touting the need for a new fleet.

the_hdk: Glad to have you on board

caffran: Why thank you

Estonianzulu: Well the Confederate submarine programme will sadly fall by the wayside but at the same time, at least in the short term, the political consensus is towards getting a half-decent iron fleet built. With Spain out of the picture, this will lead New York to wonder what such a force is needed for.

-------------------------

Right, sorry for delays, had a busy week, update is about half done so we should be leaving Cuba (for now) in a day or two.

smashing. Nice work with Cuba, it would have been boring had it all been one way. when i played as china and tried to take the Philippines from Spain i fell victim to a well trained navy, glad to know it wasn't just me *won't even go into the war dead it took for china to take the islands)

i feel there is a tenancy to under-estimate Spain and regard it as washed up or toothless when if you time the war wrong or allow them to get even an inch then the entire thing degenerates into a bloody uphill slog.

at least Richmond will have some nice war memorials :D

Arilou: Cuba's slaves are a touchy subject. Ironically the Confederates are in line with the pro-Spanish pennisulare landowners on this, wonder how that will play out...

In fact, the pro-rebellion landowners were the ones who were pro-slavery. By that time Spanish government wanted to strip slavery from the colonies (They did in 1880).

Andreios II: No Cuba will help Spain in the long run - by 1898 the cost of controlling the island had practically stripped any economic reward, a quarter million occupation force, concentration camps, massacres, US-dominated economy etc. On the rest of the Empire, it should be remembered the Philippines was hardly peaceful, I imagine the Cuban War will have been seized on by Filipino rebels for a bloody and abortive revolution. Spain will be redirecting some of its energy into North Africa as well. Also the 1872 Elections, yes parallel elections will prove interesting.

Most of that things were yellow propaganda.

I've never played any of the Victoria games for a very long time, but I've always found the games' AARs very interesting and this is certainly one of the better ones I've come across.

Kudos for a very, very nice and thorough historybook style.

I like this as much as anyone, but there is no point adding posts to hurry writers along if they are busy in RL.

I am sure the next chapter will be worth the wait.

I am sure the next chapter will be worth the wait.

As do i, but Jape has a history of abandoning his AAR's so a little hurry up now and then might persuade him to continue.

please?

As do i, but Jape has a history of abandoning his AAR's so a little hurry up now and then might persuade him to continue.
It never has in the past, but maybe this time it will work. Let's give it a go anyway, what is the worst that can happen?