• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First, thank you for the new patch, I hope the bug I experience can be corrected.

The game will freeze after a few months/years of playing. The effect seems to be quite random.

Edit: This bug wasn't there before the patch.

Same for me... on two different machines.

In windows 7: your old saved games are in C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\save games

It helped to search for .Eu3 file in hard drive C

Solution to freezing problem

The freezing is apparently caused by localisation issues. I changed language version to English, now the problem seems to be gone.

The language can be changed in settings.txt by setting
language=l_english

I deleted all cache files and still nothing:
That's the error from windows:

Podpis problemu:
Nazwa zdarzenia problemu: APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji: eu3game.exe
Wersja aplikacji: 0.0.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 4ce543be
Nazwa modułu z błędem: StackHash_2264
Wersja modułu z błędem: 0.0.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 00000000
Kod wyjątku: c0000005
Przesunięcie wyjątku: 03a1b5ed
Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych: 1045
Dodatkowe informacje 1: 2264
Dodatkowe informacje 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Dodatkowe informacje 3: 875f
Dodatkowe informacje 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Sorry for language, but i have polish Windows :)

EDIT: i switched to l_english but still nothing

I deleted all cache files and still nothing:
That's the error from windows:

Podpis problemu:
Nazwa zdarzenia problemu: APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji: eu3game.exe
Wersja aplikacji: 0.0.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 4ce543be
Nazwa modułu z błędem: StackHash_2264
Wersja modułu z błędem: 0.0.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 00000000
Kod wyjątku: c0000005
Przesunięcie wyjątku: 03a1b5ed
Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych: 1045
Dodatkowe informacje 1: 2264
Dodatkowe informacje 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Dodatkowe informacje 3: 875f
Dodatkowe informacje 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Sorry for language, but i have polish Windows :)

EDIT: i switched to l_english but still nothing

Maybe someone who knows Polish can help you.

Anyone having crash problems needs to start a new thread in the tech support forum. This will require registration of EU3 or EU3 Complete, not only the expansions.

Is setup.log is suppose to end at
Setup[natives.cpp:158]: NativeType #4 tag = natives_siberian name = natives siberian provinces = 59 ??
or is it just in my case ?

First, thank you for the new patch, I hope the bug I experience can be corrected.

The game will freeze after a few months/years of playing. The effect seems to be quite random.

Edit: This bug wasn't there before the patch.

Your post clearly belongs to the Tech support forum, where you'll receive all support needed - but you'll have access to it only after registering your base EUIII or Complete game; Thanks;)

Been a while since i last played EU3. Got a text on my cell phone about this new patch, so i tried it out. Maybe its just me, but the game seems really strange now. It could be from earlier patches or whatever i dunno...

There are a ton more wars now for reasons I dont quite understand. HRE members against other HRE members without any retaliation from the "master" for example, I also made the game pause and put up a text box whenever a new war started, and it seems to me that nations are being drawn into wars for reasons I dont understand either. For example, Say Naples declares war on Sicily. Ill get the pop up and pause for that, but later on suddenly Naples is at war with Venice, France, England, Ottomans and the Golden Horde. All from this Sicily stuff. I know Sicily wasnt allied to these nations...so uh...whats going on there? and why isnt there a pop up for that ? It ends up making the map look extremely weird by even 1410. England in Greece, Naples in Scandinavia for examples..

Im probably just gonna roll back this patch honestly. I dont remember my games before being so chaotic war wise. im also crashing constantly when I know before the game never crashed, so yea..lol...still....weird weird patch.

As someone who was vocal in the *other* thread, I'd like to add my kudos to Paradox for releasing the patch officially, you guys almost always deliver the goods and I appreciate it.

Any problems with this patch should be posted in the Bug reports and Tech support forums respectively.

Id like to, but ive been "on probation" for 2+ years. I get no tech support or mod support.

Well... normally, if correctly installed (checksum BXPG), the 4.1b game doesn't crash (only on exit, sometimes) with new games. You may have compatibility problems with old saved games. I suggest you reinstall 4.0, make a copy of the game folder and continue your old saved games with this copy, and update the original. Don't forget deleting the map\cache folder after updating. If the problems persist, I suggest you open your own thread here (as 'on probation' ;)), this one is definitely not a tech support one.

Your post clearly belongs to the Tech support forum, where you'll receive all support needed - but you'll have access to it only after registering your base EUIII or Complete game; Thanks;)

Yes, the problem with that is I have the CD-version of the original EU3, bought it long time ago. Lost the manual since then (yes, really!). It's quite annoying not to have access to the support forum because of this, even though I bought every expansion on Gamersgate...

But this particular problem is solved now anyway, so nevermind.