+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.1b Patch Announcement

50 games registered

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Fledi View Post
    First, thank you for the new patch, I hope the bug I experience can be corrected.

The game will freeze after a few months/years of playing. The effect seems to be quite random.

Edit: This bug wasn't there before the patch.
    Same for me... on two different machines.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Starheaven View Post
    I found out what changes the checksum to QDPN. I changed the default date in the common/defines.txt to 2012 this makes the checksum change to QDPN. The default date 1821.1.1 will give a checksum BXPG.
    Exactly. Changing files gives you a different checksum. You'll only get BXPG when you have all unedited files.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My games keep crashing to desktop after "map initialized properly" without any clue what's going on
    Its fresh install in D:\EUII\

I'm attaching some log files:

settings.txt
    game.txt
    setup.txt
    system.txt

All worked before, with beta patch. I have Win7 and tried launching it "as administrator"
    I would be gratefull for any help

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Try clearing the map cache and trying to load up again?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

In windows 7: your old saved games are in C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\save games

It helped to search for .Eu3 file in hard drive C

Solution to freezing problem

The freezing is apparently caused by localisation issues. I changed language version to English, now the problem seems to be gone.

The language can be changed in settings.txt by setting
    language=l_english

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I deleted all cache files and still nothing:
    That's the error from windows:

Podpis problemu:
    Nazwa zdarzenia problemu: APPCRASH
    Nazwa aplikacji: eu3game.exe
    Wersja aplikacji: 0.0.0.0
    Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 4ce543be
    Nazwa modułu z błędem: StackHash_2264
    Wersja modułu z błędem: 0.0.0.0
    Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 00000000
    Kod wyjątku: c0000005
    Przesunięcie wyjątku: 03a1b5ed
    Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych: 1045
    Dodatkowe informacje 1: 2264
    Dodatkowe informacje 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
    Dodatkowe informacje 3: 875f
    Dodatkowe informacje 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Sorry for language, but i have polish Windows

EDIT: i switched to l_english but still nothing

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post
    I deleted all cache files and still nothing:
    That's the error from windows:

Podpis problemu:
    Nazwa zdarzenia problemu: APPCRASH
    Nazwa aplikacji: eu3game.exe
    Wersja aplikacji: 0.0.0.0
    Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 4ce543be
    Nazwa modułu z błędem: StackHash_2264
    Wersja modułu z błędem: 0.0.0.0
    Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 00000000
    Kod wyjątku: c0000005
    Przesunięcie wyjątku: 03a1b5ed
    Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych: 1045
    Dodatkowe informacje 1: 2264
    Dodatkowe informacje 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
    Dodatkowe informacje 3: 875f
    Dodatkowe informacje 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Sorry for language, but i have polish Windows

EDIT: i switched to l_english but still nothing
    Maybe someone who knows Polish can help you.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Anyone having crash problems needs to start a new thread in the tech support forum. This will require registration of EU3 or EU3 Complete, not only the expansions.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Is setup.log is suppose to end at
    Setup[natives.cpp:158]: NativeType #4 tag = natives_siberian name = natives siberian provinces = 59 ??
    or is it just in my case ?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Fledi View Post
    First, thank you for the new patch, I hope the bug I experience can be corrected.

The game will freeze after a few months/years of playing. The effect seems to be quite random.

Edit: This bug wasn't there before the patch.
    Your post clearly belongs to the Tech support forum, where you'll receive all support needed - but you'll have access to it only after registering your base EUIII or Complete game; Thanks

Been a while since i last played EU3. Got a text on my cell phone about this new patch, so i tried it out. Maybe its just me, but the game seems really strange now. It could be from earlier patches or whatever i dunno...

There are a ton more wars now for reasons I dont quite understand. HRE members against other HRE members without any retaliation from the "master" for example, I also made the game pause and put up a text box whenever a new war started, and it seems to me that nations are being drawn into wars for reasons I dont understand either. For example, Say Naples declares war on Sicily. Ill get the pop up and pause for that, but later on suddenly Naples is at war with Venice, France, England, Ottomans and the Golden Horde. All from this Sicily stuff. I know Sicily wasnt allied to these nations...so uh...whats going on there? and why isnt there a pop up for that ? It ends up making the map look extremely weird by even 1410. England in Greece, Naples in Scandinavia for examples..

Im probably just gonna roll back this patch honestly. I dont remember my games before being so chaotic war wise. im also crashing constantly when I know before the game never crashed, so yea..lol...still....weird weird patch.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

As someone who was vocal in the *other* thread, I'd like to add my kudos to Paradox for releasing the patch officially, you guys almost always deliver the goods and I appreciate it.

Any problems with this patch should be posted in the Bug reports and Tech support forums respectively.
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

Quote Originally Posted by Duskey View Post
    Any problems with this patch should be posted in the Bug reports and Tech support forums respectively.
    Id like to, but ive been "on probation" for 2+ years. I get no tech support or mod support.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
    Id like to, but ive been "on probation" for 2+ years. I get no tech support or mod support.
    Well... normally, if correctly installed (checksum BXPG), the 4.1b game doesn't crash (only on exit, sometimes) with new games. You may have compatibility problems with old saved games. I suggest you reinstall 4.0, make a copy of the game folder and continue your old saved games with this copy, and update the original. Don't forget deleting the map\cache folder after updating. If the problems persist, I suggest you open your own thread here (as 'on probation' ), this one is definitely not a tech support one.

Can anyone confirm if they have the patch from Impulse. Its rather annoying as the installer wont recognise that I have the game installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fookison View Post
    Same crash on exit bug for me too!
    I have the same as well.
    "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" - Karl Marx

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    Looks like mods that affect graphics files refuse to start. Anyone got any idea what new feature could cause this? Would save me a lot of time.
    same for me with my mod. Worked perfectly with 4.1b 4-29-10

Quote Originally Posted by vernier View Post
    Your post clearly belongs to the Tech support forum, where you'll receive all support needed - but you'll have access to it only after registering your base EUIII or Complete game; Thanks
    Yes, the problem with that is I have the CD-version of the original EU3, bought it long time ago. Lost the manual since then (yes, really!). It's quite annoying not to have access to the support forum because of this, even though I bought every expansion on Gamersgate...

But this particular problem is solved now anyway, so nevermind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast