• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh yes, I like this.
I like to have vassals around my chosen borders, so this makes me very happy. :)

Also, this could make me use the SoI more often. Only used it once actually. That was when I tried them out and then totally forgot about them, since spheres had way too little impact.

It seems that no matter the nerfing you did you could not stop Great Britain from forming mid-15th century. :rofl:

Nice to see that sphereing countries gives bonii, though I'd except the bonii to be primarily economic in nature, or diplomatic only towards the sphered country, with perhaps a little prestige bonus as well.

Great news about the vassal changes too.

Since the SoI range is the trade range, does this mean that prestige no longer has effect on SoI range?

Question, by the way : if an ennemy has managed to get military access from my vassal while at peace, will my vassal break the MA when i get to war with the said-ennemy ?

It seems that no matter the nerfing you did you could not stop Great Britain from forming mid-15th century. :rofl:

Nice to see that sphereing countries gives bonii, though I'd except the bonii to be primarily economic in nature, or diplomatic only towards the sphered country, with perhaps a little prestige bonus as well.

Great news about the vassal changes too.

Since the SoI range is the trade range, does this mean that prestige no longer has effect on SoI range?

This game began before the nerf.

Prestige no longer effects SoI range.

Prestige no longer effects SoI range.

Hm, any reasons for this? I thought that it was quite logical that Prestige increased the range. Could you show us a current SoI screenshot?
And any idea about the specific release date yet?

Edit: I guess you fear that the increased SoI bonus would imba the game with the old range calculation?

Hm, any reasons for this? I thought that it was quite logical that Prestige increased the range. Could you show us a current SoI screenshot?
And any idea about the specific release date yet?

As you can see in the screenshot the SOI range is now limited by trade range instead.

Very nice new features - vassals are much more realistic now, I think.

Some good content in this brief diary - already put up on the wiki. ;)

Good job, as always! :)

I think this makes more sense. China was astoundingly prestigious at this time but it didn't have far away countries in its SoI. Portugal did though, because of its trading powers.

The one the farthest away should be Ceylon (actually a vassal that sent tribute). Still, the fact that they did was because of Zheng He's visit in 1411 so you could argue that this is still inside Mings trade range and hence not far away I suppose.

EDIT: I should add that I also like this change. Trade range does make more sense :)

Anyone else noticed Cyprus on King's screenshot has a mission to "Protect against Lorraine"? :)