+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Wind Developer Diary 11 – Diplomatic changes

Oh yes, I like this.
    I like to have vassals around my chosen borders, so this makes me very happy.

Also, this could make me use the SoI more often. Only used it once actually. That was when I tried them out and then totally forgot about them, since spheres had way too little impact.

Will be SoI bonus modable? Could state under SoI get any bonus too?

It seems that no matter the nerfing you did you could not stop Great Britain from forming mid-15th century.

Nice to see that sphereing countries gives bonii, though I'd except the bonii to be primarily economic in nature, or diplomatic only towards the sphered country, with perhaps a little prestige bonus as well.

Great news about the vassal changes too.

Since the SoI range is the trade range, does this mean that prestige no longer has effect on SoI range?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Question, by the way : if an ennemy has managed to get military access from my vassal while at peace, will my vassal break the MA when i get to war with the said-ennemy ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Colombo View Post
    Will be SoI bonus modable? Could state under SoI get any bonus too?
    No
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    It seems that no matter the nerfing you did you could not stop Great Britain from forming mid-15th century.

Nice to see that sphereing countries gives bonii, though I'd except the bonii to be primarily economic in nature, or diplomatic only towards the sphered country, with perhaps a little prestige bonus as well.

Great news about the vassal changes too.

Since the SoI range is the trade range, does this mean that prestige no longer has effect on SoI range?
    This game began before the nerf.

Prestige no longer effects SoI range.

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Question, by the way : if an ennemy has managed to get military access from my vassal while at peace, will my vassal break the MA when i get to war with the said-ennemy ?
    yes

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    yes
    Nice, thanks
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Prestige no longer effects SoI range.
    Hm, any reasons for this? I thought that it was quite logical that Prestige increased the range. Could you show us a current SoI screenshot?
    And any idea about the specific release date yet?

Edit: I guess you fear that the increased SoI bonus would imba the game with the old range calculation?
    War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
    Georges Clemenceau (1841 - 1929)

Quote Originally Posted by Golwar View Post
    Hm, any reasons for this? I thought that it was quite logical that Prestige increased the range. Could you show us a current SoI screenshot?
    And any idea about the specific release date yet?
    As you can see in the screenshot the SOI range is now limited by trade range instead.

This sounds great, guessing release date is Dec.14th if next week is the last dev diary. (Hope I'm right)

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

As you can see in the screenshot the SOI range is now limited by trade range instead.
    I think this makes more sense. China was astoundingly prestigious at this time but it didn't have far away countries in its SoI. Portugal did though, because of its trading powers.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Can the Renovatio Imperii be rolled back too?

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Very nice new features - vassals are much more realistic now, I think.

Some good content in this brief diary - already put up on the wiki.

Good job, as always!
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

I am pleased! DW will make EU3 an even more shiny jewel in the crown of paradox.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Looks very interesting, and many of these will become useful in my mod.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice and slow building-up.
    We're now waiting eagerly for the release date to be announced.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    I think this makes more sense. China was astoundingly prestigious at this time but it didn't have far away countries in its SoI. Portugal did though, because of its trading powers.
    The one the farthest away should be Ceylon (actually a vassal that sent tribute). Still, the fact that they did was because of Zheng He's visit in 1411 so you could argue that this is still inside Mings trade range and hence not far away I suppose.

EDIT: I should add that I also like this change. Trade range does make more sense

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Anyone else noticed Cyprus on King's screenshot has a mission to "Protect against Lorraine"? :-)
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

"Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

I'm very pleased to see vassals counting toward support limit. This is so going to make for great "vassalize the world" games
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast