• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"your overconfidence is your weakness"
"your faith in your friends is yours."
Nice to know someone knows the classics. ;)

Thought the same...
So, you are basically trying to open a second front in Spain while you can't even ensure that enough supplies and troops will go down there with the Royal Navy crippled, yet still active?
A daring endeavor, to say the least ;)

So the British at least had the sense to leave behind a booby-trap? Poor Hans! :eek:

Yeah...

I could even have gone with the "Yo mamma" version, but that would probably have been waaaay over the top :D

Thought the same...
So, you are basically trying to open a second front in Spain while you can't even ensure that enough supplies and troops will go down there with the Royal Navy crippled, yet still active?
A daring endeavor, to say the least ;)

Not necessarely a second front. I only intend to close the Mediterranean :)

Indeed!

And good job on taking Gibraltar. Since your forces are in Beirut now, I assume Suez is within reach?

I found my old notes! Yay! :D

Great AAR

Slan

Awesome AAR, I had to tell you.
Characters are interesting and have development and it seems like your 3rd Reich is a run away success.
Only thing that bugged me was Hans and Anna living together before being married. My Oma is from Bayern and was the same age (or so) as your characters and I know from experience there would have been some kind of fallout for that (even though Hans and anna's families are mostly dead.)
No criticism though, it just struck me right away is all (What!! living together??!! Not married and in Katholik Munchen/Bayern??. The mores of the times and all...)

Thank you for the hours of entertainment and I hope you can keep it going. I felt really bad to see poor Hans get blown up! I hope he lives

Actually, they moved together in Berlin ;) Not sure how much that changes though.

Last edited:
By the way, don't you just love cliffhangers? :D

Anyway, I'm working on the next Chapter right now. And I came to the conclusion that I won't write any more serious character-driven AARs. It's just a lot harder for me than my other light-hearted projects. Don't get me wrong, I definitely will finish this one first, but after that, I will try not to start anything serious, because sometimes it's hard to write events that are completely made up (ie. not game-related) yet still trying to keep this connected to the game. As you might have noticed, I'm struggling very hard to make this look like it's exciting when actually it is not. The Soviet Front was a letdown, the Western Front is a stalemate, North Africa is empty, the Japanese are stupid and the USA will almost inevitably end up in the Allies within a year... So, the game is slow.

And I don't want to move away from the characters too much. I gave away command of some Armies to the AI and it keeps those Divisions that have protagonists in them out of action. What the hell! Well, that will end with this Chapter. After this one, I will take back control of every unit! Things will start to happen again! Just you wait!...

Oh, yeah, and I have several major events for the future, too! Some of them might even be surprises ;)

Last edited:
Chapter XXXVI

In which the plot thickens a little further.

February 15th, Berlin. The home of Hans and Anna Grübermann.

- It was the worst month and a half of my entire life...

- It's over now, Anna, cheer up! - Martin was visiting for Hans' return. - Look on the bright side! You get him back for good this time...

The bomb left behind by the British in Gibraltar was enough to cause serious damage to the office building and also killed the Seargent in the room. The only thing that saved Hans' life was the massive chair of the harbour master, a Victorian relic, most likely. But as it knocked him off his feet, he fell on the instruments behind him, causing a serious spinal cord injury. He got away with his life but he was paralyzed below his waist for the rest of his life.

There were several other bombs like that hidden all over the harbour, causing severe damage to the port facilities which made supplying and evacuating a bit difficult for a few weeks. The VII. Armeekorps was able to form a beachhead regardless, secure the surrounding area along with the British fortifications and started to dig in. The surrounding Spanish forces took up defensive positions along the perimeter but they didn't posses neither the forces nor the spirit required to assault the German emplacements.

gibraltar.png

The German forces secured the port of Gibraltar and the sorrounding region and dug in for a long siege.

The invading forces suffered some minor losses from the traps left behind but all in all, the assault was a huge success. The wounded were treated in a warehouse close to the docks where the anti-air enplacements were still in perfect condition. They weren't needed however, as the Allies seemingly got over the loss of the Western Gate to the Mediterranean rather easily. Not even a single airplane was spotted during January.

Hans was unconscious for about a week, but his wound was operable. He got away lucky, received an honourable discharge from the Wehrhamcht in the rank of Corporal and was sent back on the first ship to Berlin. For him, the War was over. Although that first ship took six weeks to finally come...

- Why couldn't they send a ship earlier anyway?

- You can have three guesses.

- They could have sent him home on a Portugese ship...

- I don't think Salazar would have approved of that idea. Portugal is definitely not ready to enter the War and it would be quite hard to maintain their neutrality while transporting soldiers through blockades.

- What neutrality? They are de facto allied with us! And he's no longer a soldier either.

- The Tripartite Pact is only a defensive alliance. Technically they have no obligations to join the War or to smuggle Werhmacht veterans through the Allied blockade.

- Technicalities.

- You can't expect them to risk their entire country for the safe return of your husband.

Anna didn't really know how to respont to that. On the one hand she would very much like to say that yes, she can and does expect them to. On the other hand, she knew perfectly well that noone would do that, and the President of Portugal didn't even know about her husband to begin with. She was quite literally saved by the doorbell.

- That must be them! - She ran out to open the door. Hans was sitting in a wheelchair with Joachim and Wilhelm behind him. - Oh, Hans, I missed you so much! - She fell down on her knees and on Hans' neck, crying. Hans was crying, as well.

*** *** *** *** ***​

- So, how do things fare out there in the West? - Martin was, as always, eager to get every little bit of news he could from his friends whenever possible.

- Well - started Joachim - I don't really have much to say. Aside from the two French Light Cruisers sunk right after the landing in Gibraltar, there wasn't too much activity in the area.

french_cruisers.png

The French Light Cruisers La Galissoniére (top) and Lemotte-Picquet (bottom).

- Not even a Spanish attack. - continued Hans - Remember how obsessed they were about landing in Wilhelmshaven last year? Now they got a taste of their own medicine and I can tell you, they don't like it!

- What about the other fronts? - asked Joachim - I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that Greece still stands, after two months of fighting!

greece_in_february_42.png

Once the success of the campaign was guaranteed, the German forces were redeployed from the Greek front to Baku. The Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgarian forces will be enough, even if it takes longer.

- Unfavourable terrain. - replied Wilhelm - Easily defendable. But it doesn't really matter, does it? The Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgarian Army has nothing better to do anyway. Greece was the last remaining neutral country in the region.

- How true! - Martin was getting a little too excited again. - Soon, all of Europe will be rid of the decadent ideals of the democrats just like it was rid of the communist threat!

- I must say that the Greek front is not the only one that progresses slowly. My unit has been holding an awefully quiet line near Hasselt since November. I don't mind a little break, but even my patience has its limits. Things are ought to change soon enough though, with the situation in the Maginot.

- What situation? - Hans was completely out of the loop regarding recent events. He only recieved the wheelchair when he returned to Germany and couldn't leave the makeshift hospital in the warehouse. Or get out of the bed, for that matter.

- You haven't heared, darling? The impenetrable Maginot Line was breached in Wissenbourg a month ago. By now, half of the fortifications is in German hands.

- That's amazing!

maginot_breached.png

The Maginot Line was breached on January 15th, 1941 and in a single month, the entire Northern Section of the fortification-system was in German hands.

- Indeed it is. - continued Wilhelm - And as it was suspected, it caused utter confusion in the Allied lines. It took them some time to realize how serious the situation is, but according to a friend of mine, some major redeployments are going on behind the front. Troops are being pulled back from Belgium to fill the gap in the line near Longuyon.

allied_counterattack.png

After the initial chaos the Allies started to reinforce the weakened points in their lines.

- So, you think you will attack soon?

- I don't have new orders yet, but yes, I do believe that we will. The worst of the winter is already behind us. Exploiting the confusion caused by the breakthrough in the Maginot would be the obvious move.

- Do you expect to reach the same level of success that we had in the Middle-East?

middle_east.png

Baghdad, the capital city of Iraq was captured on January 23th, 1941. The Iraqi government offered an unconditional surrender and the region was incorporated into the Reich.

- No. How could I? With all respect to those in the deserts, there's practically no enemy there to fight. It's more like a triumphant march than an actual military campaign. Here in Europe, things are a little different. I can't give you exact numbers, but I believe that the Allies outnumber us. Not by much, but still.

- That doesn't matter! A German Soldat easily worths ten Allied soldiers!

- I appreciate your enthusiasm, Martin, but I'm afraid this is not exactly true. It might have been with the Soviets, but not the British or the Belgians and especially not the French. They weren't really interested before, fighting in foreign lands in Belgium, but they are fighting for their home country now. We shouldn't underestimate them.

- Whatever. Our recently deployed new type of tanks have harder armour than the French could every dream of. There's no way they could counter that!

- And also don't forget the five new Carriers that were launched in January! The Reich will command the largest, most modern Carrier force in the World in a little over a year.

- Unless they will be able to sail up the Meuse rive, that won't help too much against the French. We were unable to create a proper beachhead behind that obstacle and that completely staled the advance.

- You will find a way, I'm sure.

- Well, there might be one, actually. You see, there's a short gap in the river between Liége and Namur. If we could break through there, we would finally get behind the rivers and we could get behind the Allied forces. Of course they know this, too, and until now, they were stationing strong forces in the area. But now with the Maginot Line broken, they started shuffling their troops around. This might be a great opportunity to break the stalemate.

- And the Führer still has his Ace up his sleeve. Italy.

- Indeed. The Allies outnumber us on the Western Front only because we are facing the combined forces of three colonial empires and we stand alone on that Front. With Italy's entry, the balance of forces would change drastically.

- It is only a matter of time. To be honest, I can't imagine what the Führer is waiting for anyway.

- I can't tell you that. What I know though, is that the Nordsee Flotte is rebasing to a naval base of the Regia Marina, to the North-West of Rome. I can't say what effect this will have on Italy's neutrality in the War, maybe nothing. But I'm sure we will have some major engagements with the Royal Navy and the La Royale soon enough. The Mediterranean is almost closed, but I doubt the Allies will give it up that easily.

*** *** *** *** ***​

- I'm glad they are finally gone. - Anna was kneeling by Hans. - I really missed you, in more than one way.

- Please, Anna, don't make this even harder for me. I'm paralyzed from the waist down. It's not only my legs that are effected... - Anna kissed his forehead while caressing his cheek. - I'm a worthless man now!

- No, you are not! I love you. And your arms are still strong enough to cuddle me, are they not? Just hold me tight and everything will be alright!

- I love you, too! - He put his arms around Anna. - But I'm still worthless as a man like this. We can never have children... - He was struggling very hard not to start crying again.

- Don't worry. - Anna looked like an angel, her smile warm and conforting. - I'm not so sure about that. - She put Hans' hand on her belly.

- What is it? - Hans was a bit confused, but then it struck him. - Do you mean... Are you... - His voice faded away.

- Yes.

Index

Last edited:
very nice update. well worth the wait.

Excellent overview. :)

It looks like the Greeks are in serious trouble anyway with a lot of their army cut off, so the combined strength of three Axis minors should just about be able to win that one...

I had forgotten that Spain was Allied. I should think you could open a new front from Gibraltar if you wanted and give the French even more problems? As for the Maginot Line, I assume they made their usual mistake of abandoning it?

very nice update. well worth the wait.

Thank you :) Maybe I should leave you with a cliffhanger more often :D

Excellent overview. :)

It looks like the Greeks are in serious trouble anyway with a lot of their army cut off, so the combined strength of three Axis minors should just about be able to win that one...

I had forgotten that Spain was Allied. I should think you could open a new front from Gibraltar if you wanted and give the French even more problems? As for the Maginot Line, I assume they made their usual mistake of abandoning it?

The Greeks are in trouble, yes, but my allies in the area are quite conservative in attacking, so I might have to intervene sometimes later on. It's not really a priority though.

I don't really want to open another front in Spain because I don't have the forces required either.

Embrasing for the French to lose the Maginot so easily.

In SF the AI still holds level 10 Forts in too high regard, and that includes the Maginot. Leaving only a single Division in a level 10 Fort province is not enough. But once I breached the lines, they brought in some reinforcements and even pushed back some of my advance forces. Then again, that attack was a diversion, so it turned out alright.

By the context I have to presume he means Hans though I am always be wrong :p

In case you are wondering why the updates are getting less frequent, I have a confession to make. I'm starting to run out of motivation. I'm not completely out of ideas though. The current plan is to get to 40 Chapters in total and to get my characters to the point I want them (or rather where the story needs them). But once the story gets to its climax, the rest of the game will be wrapped up in an Epilogue. I'm currently up to late June in the game and I intend to get to at least the point where Japan is able to DoW the USA to see if I can manage to avoid that conflict before I finish my story (that would effect the outcome I guess) and I will try to write the next Chapter tomorrow. But no promises!

And again, thank you for your patience! You are an awesome audience! :)

Chapter XXXVII

In which a major breakthrough is achieved.

February 20, Berlin. The office of Martin Lederer.

- You won't believe it! - Erwin just barged in - Italy joined the war!

- Good. It was about time, too. I met some Italian soldiers during the Spanish Civil War. They seemed quite capable. Compared to the Spaniards, at least.

- It won't take too long to find out. They are facing the enemy on multiple fronts already. The French in Southern France, Tunesia and the British in Egypt and East Africa. The strange thing is that Ethiopia is still neutral.

southern_france_in_february.png

Italy looks confident enough...

- And why would that be strange? What does Ethiopia has to do with Italy?

- Well... I mean... You know, there was this war between them and all...

- So? There was a war between France and Germany less than thirty years ago. It doesn't mean that we have anything to do with eachother.

- But... Didn't Italy win that war against Ethiopia? They surrendered to them!

- Sure they did. And they signed some nice economic treaties, too. Nice for the Italians at least. I still don't see why should that mean that when one of them goes to war, the other does too. And apparently they didn't see the connection either, did they?

- Well... Ah, nevermind. I'll go and make you a coffee.

- Yes, do that.

*** *** *** *** ***​

February 23, somewhere near Namur.

- Do you see them, Lieutenant?

- Yes, Captain. It's a damn well hidden AT position if I may say so myself, Sir. - Wilhelm and Lieutenant von Braun were hiding under a bush, watching a French AT battery. It had a clear shot on the road ahead of the tank column. - So, what's the plan?

- We can't get around it in this forest and calling in an artillery barrage could end up a disaster because of the trees. We will have to draw their attention with a few tanks while you get into their backs and take them out with your men. But you will have to be quick. This new J model of Panzer III is strong but if it gets hit with that thing from the flank, the crew is as good as dead.

- Tricky. But not impossible.

- Then do it! I'm counting on you, Lieutenant!

- Sir, yes, Sir! - Lieutenant von Braun disappeared in the vegetation. Wilhelm watched for a while as the French officer walked up and down behind the gun. He looked nervous. Hardly surprising given the circumstances. Their position was in the only place that was not defended by the Meuse river. The most likely point of attack.

- It will work. It has to! - He crawled back where he came from. After a few meters he stood up and ran back to the column.

- Did you enjoy the view, Captain? - Benz was cheerful as always. - While we were freezing our balls off in this tin can of doom... - And whining as always.

- Things will heat up soon enough, don't worry. - Benz crawled back to his place and Wilhelm climbed up into the tank. - Let's get this show on the road! - The column started up. Despite Benz's complaints the weather wasn't that bad. And Wilhelm was right, things did heat up very soon.

The first Panzer in the column hit by the gun in the turret. It shook the tank and knocked out half the crew but nobody was wounded. By that time Lieutenant von Braun and his five selected men were close enough to set up their machine gun and lay suppressive fire on the AT. The second tank managed to maneuver around the one in front of it and took a shot at the gun, blowing it to pieces. The three surviving French Privates surrendered and were taken prisoners after their officer recieved a huge chunck of the shield from the gun through his head. As it turned out, they were left behind by their Battalion to cover their retreat.

*** *** *** *** ***​

February 25, 1941. Somewhere in Iraq.

I lost my last pen around the time when we entered Syria and I could only manage to get my hands on another one now.

This place is a barren wasteland. In fact, the whole Middle-East is. Turkey had huge mountains. They were a pain to climb but they broke the scenery. The marshes of Russia had wildlife. I hated most of those animals, but it is truely lifeless here. No matter. We should be moving on soon.

*** *** *** *** ***​

March 1, somewhere in London.

- Ah, good to see you again, Jason. It's been a while, hasn't it?

- Yes, Sir. And I'm glad to be back, to be honest. India has her charms but the mosquitoes were starting to get on my nerves.

- Yes. Well, that's not why we asked you back. The situation is getting a little out of hand around here.

- So I've heard. The Belgians are getting their collective bottom spanked by Jerry.

- And we do, too. Two Airborne Divisions took Bruxelles yesterday and our boys at the 59. won't be able to take it back. The Low Countries will fall, it's only a matter of time.

- And then France.

- Precisely.

- That's not a very uplifting perspective.

- Which is why you will need to go back to Europe.

- Don't take me for a coward, Sir, but that does sound a bit unwise in the current situation.

- Wait for the best part. You will go to Berlin.

- I beg your pardon?! What on Earth would I do there, if you don't mind my asking? Sir?

- I have a job for you, son. - Sir Menzies opened the top drawer of his desk and pulled out a file. - I believe you remember Agent A, our finest asset in the service since I don't even remember when.

- Yes, I do. What about him?

- We haven't heard from Agent A for quite some time now. You will go there and investigate.

- But how should I find him? As far as I know, noone ever met the guy around here.

- He is actually a she. And even though noone around here had the pleasure of meeting her, we do know enough for you to get a head start. You will have to use your head for a change.

- Understood. - Jason wasn't really thrilled by the idea of going back to Berlin and especially not for an undercover investigation. - But if she hasn't reported for so long then how do you know she is even alive? What if they got her?

- That's a distinct possibility, yes, although I'm quite confident in her abilities. Still, we will have to take that option into account. If she is in captivity, you will have to get her out.

- And what if she switched sides?

- She didn't, I'm sure. But if she did... Eliminate her.

*** *** *** *** ***​

March 5, Berlin. The office of Martin Lederer.

- What were you saying about the Ardennes again, Erwin? - Martin was overjoyed. - That the Panzers won't be able to break through there? Well, my friend, you were wrong again. And so were the Allied commanders it would seem!

- You don't need to brush it into my face, you know.

- And that's not the only good news this morning! Would you be so kind and get me a coffee?

- Yes, Sir. - Erwin returned quickly with a cup of coffee, eager to hear about the other good news. - So, what else happened, boss?

- Den Haag finally fell this morning. Many brave soldiers gave their lives for the Reich there but the Allies are now on the run.

- What about Middelburg?

- Still holding, but not for long, I'm sure.

battle_of_middelburg.png

The Battle of Middelburg was long enough to allow many Allied soldiers to escape from Den Haag.

- That's a shame because the defenders of Den Haag will escape through there.

- Now, my Erwin, don't be too demanding. You should be glad for every victory, even the small ones. They can retreat only so far, you know. What actually concerns me is the state of the front in Southern France.

- What about it? Italy is responsible for that border, right?

- Exactly my point. Take a look at this.

southern_france_in_march.png

Where the hell did the Italians go?!...

- But there are so many of them, why are they retreating?

- How should I know?! I just work here... At any rate, they will have to consolidate that line or we will be in big trouble soon!

- Nah, that won't happen. Will it?

- Let's hope it won't....

*** *** *** *** ***​

March 16, Montmédy, France. The cantina of the 9. Panzer-Division HQ.

- Ah, there you are! For some reason I was sure I will find you here!

- And why am I not surprised either? - Wilhelm was really getting used to run into Jürgen every time he entered a bar anywhere. - So, what brings you here?

- You know how much I appreciate a glass of fine wine. Well, that, and I was also looking for you.

- Is that so?

- Yes.

- Congratulations, you found me. Now, how can I help you?

- Well, you see the thing is that I will have a week-long leave soon.

- Good for you then.

- And through certain connections I became aware that you also do.

- Now I am surprised.

- I work for the Abwehr, remember?

- Yes, but that doesn't explain why are you interesting in my leave. Should I be worried?

- No, no, not at all. Actually, I'm not interested in your leave, nor you personally, but a friend of yours. A certain Hans Grübermann. If my sources are correct, he is a veteran of Gibraltar and after being Honourably Discharged, he now lives in Berlin.

- True on both accounts. Why the interest?

- Well, you know. It would be such an honour to meet someone like him! He is a true hero!

- I know him personally. He is a decent fellow but hardly a hero.

- He got crippled for his country!

- He got crippled because of his country. At least that's what he thinks about the whole incident. And to be honest, I don't think that's your true motivation either. You are still looking for that big breakthrough in your career, aren't you?

- What would make you think that? - Jürgen smiled. - Alright, guilty as charged.

- Alright, I'll arrange a meeting. Now buy me a beer!

*** *** *** *** ***​

Martin visits Hans and Anna. They discuss the recent British landing in Den Haag, the clearing of the pockets and the poor performance of Italy so far. Anna suggests going on a holiday before the child arrives.

April 5, Berlin. The home of Anna and Hans Grübermann.

- I'm so glad you could come! - Anna was greeting Martin at the door. - He rarely ever goes out lately. I'm getting worried about him.

- He'll get over it! I brought some wine!

- Martin! How are you? - Hans rolled in in his wheelchair. He was starting to get used to it but he still hated it. - How's Alexa?

- No idea, haven't seen her in weeks. She could have run off with some other guy for all I care... If she did, I hope they ran to the Netherlands.

- And why is that?

- Because the British have actually landed in Den Haag early this morning. Can you believe that? After so many desperate attempts to take Wilhelmshaven they now finally succeeded. Not that they will last long, mind you.

- Whatever. Let's open that bottle instead!

- I'll get the opener! - Anna went out into the kitchen.

- Now tell me, Hans, how are things?

- Get this! Yesterday I found out that I'm not a cripple after all! It was all just a dream! No, wait, it wasn't! How do you think I am?

- Alright, calm down, I was just asking... Don't get overexcited! Anyway, I spoke to my friend about that house I mentioned earlier. He said that it could be arranged if he pulls some strings. But he assured me that he would be happy to help a veteran in need! Don't worry, it'll be fine.

Anna came back with the bottle opener and two glasses. She opened the bottle, poured some wine into the glasses and handed them over to the two men.

- Here you are!

- Thank you. And how are you, Anna? I hear you no longer work at the post office.

- Well, I no longer need to. I can help more at home. And it's not like we need every single women in the factories.

- Which is more than we could say about our unfortunate enemies. You know, sometimes I almost pity them.

- They are simple people too, like us, you know.

- They are simple people but we are not. But let's not get too much into ideological debates, I'm really not in the mood.

- Don't you patronize me!

- Hans, please. - Anna moved a little closer to him. - Calm down. Let's talk about something else, alright? You know what I was thinking? We should go on a holiday!

- Holiday? Anna, need I remind you that practically the whole World is at war right now? Where do you suppose you would go on a holiday?

- I hear Switzerland is nice in the summer! - She turned to Hans. - We couldn't go on a honey moon because you were called in right after our wedding. Now it's time to make up for it!

- And what will I do in Switzerland? Ski?

- Please, dear, for me? - Hans, despite his bitterness, still loved Anna and couldn't resist her begging eyes for too long.

- Alright, alright! If you really insist...

*** *** *** *** ***​

April 17, Berlin. The office of Herr Weber.

- So, what am I looking at?

- This, Sir, is a Rocket Test Facility.

- Yes, I can read, thank you, but what in the Nine Hells is a Rocket?

- I'm not entirely sure about the exact mechanism myself, Sir, but it is some kind of propulsion. Theoretical stuff. But according to a certain Herr von Braun, it can go very fast. He even said that such a thing could go out into space!

werhner_von_braun.png

Prussian scientist Werhner von Braun, the father of rocket technology, surrounded by Luftwaffe officers. Still very young (a mere 29 years old) and eager to show the World what he is capable of.

- That's a bald claim, is it not?

- Yes, it is. But I wouldn't say it is impossible. After all, it is closer than say Japan, only in a different direction.

- True, true. Alright. But what should I do with it? This is clearly a secret project, we can't print it!

- If I may be so bold, Sir, I believe we could. No technical details or locations of course, only the important part: the story of yet another triumph of the Reich over the decadent Western Allies!

- Alright, I will think about it during lunch. What else do you have for me?

- Let me see. The Greek front hasn't changed much in two months.

greece_in_february.png

Greece still holds out in Salonica after many weeks of siege.

- Not particularly interesting, is it? Go on.

- The Airborne operation behind the Maginot Line was a huge success, we should definitely take a look at that.

airborne_assault.png

In early April, a bold plan was devised to finally finish off the Maginot Line: an Airborne assault behind the fortifications to cut off them followed by an all out assault on the forts themselves.

france_in_late_april.png

The Invasion of France (codenamed Fall Gelb) went smoothly after the breakthrough at Namur. Many say that it was the turning point of the Western Campaign.

- Now that's more like it! I want a front page article!

- Yes, Sir. Then there's the final report on the Belgian pockets created a month ago. They are mostly cleaned up.

belgian_pocket.png

The Allied forces were surrounded in three major pockets in Belgium: one in Antwerpen (four Divisions), one between Batogne and Neufchateau (seven Divisions) and one around Brugge (eight Divisions). The forces trapped in them were from all over the World.

- Good. But that is old news. What else?

- The rest is foreign news. Brazil joined the war by launching offensives into the colonies of France, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.

- Good.

- Japan is doing really well in Indochina, they are completely in control of the situation.

- That's good as well.

- Italy is doing surprisingly good in French North Africa. They took Tunesia and half of Algeria...

- I sense a 'but' coming my way...

- But their line collapsed in East Africa. Somalia is lost.

- That should balance things out I guess. And I heared that they have reinforced Southern France.

- I assume Erwin told you that, because it is technically not correct, Sir. It was the Hungarians who reinforced the Italian lines in Southern France. You know, the flags are similar, he must have confused the two.

*** *** *** *** ***​

May 5, 1941. Iraq.

Seargent Martinovic just came back from the field HQ. The order has finally arrived: we are marching into Persia.

Index

Last edited: