• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(216627)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 23, 2010
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
In the Warhammer mod, there's a halberd that I particularly like, the Elven Pike.
Since it is a pike, you can only thrust forward, or swing overhead with it.

How can I change it to where you can use it like a pole-axe, and swing it forward, up, down, left, right like a normal halberd?

You need the Item Editor:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=567

With that you can change all items and how they are wielded, and many other things.
The program is quite easy to use (even I know how), but just ask if you have questions.

It wont let me open the "item_kinds" folder. (which is the folder that has the item I want to modify)

Is there a way around this? or how do I fix it?

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out.

Okay, I got the item modified to do what I want.

But now I have trouble making it work in the game.

I opened the "item_kinds" from the mod folder.

highlighted the code or whatever for the old item, and replaced it with the code from the new item I created with the item modifier.

it keeps saying (RGL Error: Unexpected End of File while reading "item_kinds").

Did I do something wrong or how do I get the new item that I created in the Item Modifier to work in-game?
(without making other items mess up?)

Sounds like you made a new entry rather than replaced the old one. There's a line at the top of the item kinds file with the number of items in it, try adding 1 to that number and saving.