• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I have the files too. In your playtests, haven't you run out of rares as Germany? In my experience shortages are unavoidable after 1940.
Well they aren't exactly called 'rares' without a reason... :rolleyes: I'm not the best person to answer this (Historyman is), but we've already included several events to simulate efforts to 'get round the problem' historically. I'm not sure whether those leave room for further expansion, but Germany should struggle to keep up production due to rares scarcity.

Sorry I fear you don"t get the point, the amount of rares(and all other ressources) has decreased drastically as compared to CORE 2 Arma because of the new effects of infrastructure which didn't exist in Arma. Therefore if we consider that the amount of rares in Core Arma was balanced, it needs ajustement to the new mechanics of AoD.

Hi Amallric,

We compensate for the effect of infrastructure in the province.csv file. I.e. each CORE 2 ARMA rare number is divided by the province effectiveneness AND ROUNDED UP. This also means that rares in provinces with high effectiveness (British industrial areas and German Ruhr area) are reduced, as they have effectiveness > 1.

Do you have access to the current 0.50(.12) game files? If not, pm me.

Tegetthoff

Question about AoD 1.06 and CORE 0.50

First of all, let me thank you for your efforts to further improve our gaming experience.
Let me say that, despite the fact I bought AoD as soon as it was released and I enjoyed playing it, I have not played AoD for several months and I have not played CORE for an even longer time.
Now that I have more free time, I look forward to having the opportunity of playing AoD+CORE and I was wondering if you could be so kind as to give me a rough estimate about when you expect to release CORE 0.50.
Thank you in advance for your kind reply
Mario

If Lennartos gives you a rough estimate when they release the next 1.06 beta I can give you an estimate when we release CORE.

Serious improvements are promised for the next 1.06 alpha or beta, which may also alleviate some our most pressing problems. There will also be changes to the misc.txt, so anything we release now will not be compatible with the next patch.

Add Christmas to this, and rather than a release shortly before Christmas you will most likely see a release after Christmas or even early in the New Year.

That´s the best we can offer at the moment.

Tegetthoff

Fair enough, honestly I expected a release no sooner than February-March, so a release of the official 1.06 patch and of CORE 0.5 in January would be very welcome indeed.
Thanks
Mario

A mod is never finished, like a model railroad...

So once we fit the current build to 1.06 we can release it. Feedback will be welcome!

T.

I suppose that is another policy then the one of the last years for CORE???
It is, but the situation is somewhat different to the earlier days. For 0.5.0, we're aiming for a release that is both working well with the latest patch, and start to utilize/tweak the mod to AoD features and economy. So a sophistication compared to the (somewhat crude) 0.4.9 cross-over. So the release cycle is far shorter, and with the 1.06 being in public Alpha we can anticipate on it's official release. And we've been able to discuss any problems that prop up concerning the patch with BL-Logic, who have done their utmost to accommodate us with modifications and enhancements on our behalf in 1.06. So hats off to them as well.

Dev Diary January 12, 2010

I think it is time for another update after the Christmas break!

Patch 1.06b1 was a big step forward, also for CORE. First of all the annoying Vichy bug is gone. And second the build queue management is much improved, as long as you write the right AI for it.

We have made one big graphic step - any user of CORE 0.49 will know about the strangely "shifted" tech screens we had, these are no gone and look proper. We also see that there is space for more techs, which will be used at a later stage (0.51 or 0.52).

The Japanese AI has received a big rework and now builds a good navy and an air force and is slightly weaker in China than it used to be.

The Chinese AI will receive the next workover and will hopefully finally be able to fight off the Japanese beyond 1941.

Province infrastructure has received a new workover and our old Ethiopia problem seems to be gone.

There are ideas for solving the sluggish Spanish Civil War.

And of course there are eternal small fixes with missing event texts, incorrect triggers etc.

But overall 0.50 is beginning to look like a product we might ship soon.

Hagar has announced that he will finalise CORE 0.41 for ARM "this week", although he was sort of vague on which week "this week" is. :D With 0.41 out of the door the complete dev and beta team can focus on finalising 0.50.

We will hold the release of 0.50 until the AoD 1.06 patch is out and depending on how much changes we should be able to make the release shortly after the patch is out.

Hagar has announced that he will finalise CORE 0.41 for ARM "this week", although he was sort of vague on which week "this week" is. :D With 0.41 out of the door the complete dev and beta team can focus on finalising 0.50.
'This week' was actually last week ;) , but work has been rather hectic which threw some spanners into the works. The final changes to the SS and GER events (due to a revised leader setup) are integrated, so it now all comes down to actually building the installers and release them. So I reckon this weekend we can finally get the ARM chapter over with...

January 17, 2011 dev diary

As many of you may have noticed we have just released CORE 0.41 for Armageddon. This is the last ARM incarnation of CORE, any future work will be for AoD.

If you want to get a first taste of CORE for AoD, go over and give CORE 0.41 a spin, everything that is in there is also in CORE 0.50 for AoD.

Internally this means, that the team focus will fully shift to CORE for AoD. On top of that, we can end the fairly detailled process of advancing two mod versions in parallel and copy every change from the one to the other. The last four months (we split the two versions in October 2010) have been very interesting and changes and bug fixes to either version have usually made it into the other one.

CORE 0.50.14 came out internally this weekend. It includes a lot of final bug fixes that came over from 0.41, some work on Poland (Cegorach´s leader pack) and the Spanish Civil War and again lots of China and Japan AI scripting.

Japanese build AI is now really working fine, building the right size of navy by Dec. 41, but not quite the right composition. The problem we have not solved yet, but are making progress on, is that Japan is either stopped quickly in China (10%) or grinds down China by late 1941 (90%).

We are also starting to include events describing the conversion of Japanese CVLs (Zuiho and Shoho are already in).

Hagar has already announced his province picture pack here, so this is one area where you can expect some goodies.

So the famous first condition for a release for CORE for AoD is met - 0.41 for ARM is out.
The second condition remains release of patch 1.06 for AoD.

We´ll keep you posted!

Tegetthoff

Thanks for your modding effort !

Looking for playing it soon, maybe you should considering realising a public beta of your mod as 1.06 is going through some more beta testing too but is already quite stable IMHO.

A question : up to which year the mod run right now and will you extend it in future ?

Best regards

A question : up to which year the mod run right now and will you extend it in future ?
Short answer: up to 1953, and no, most likely. Extending the time-line will wreak havoc on the tech tree and model setup, for one...

We're following the AoD 1.06 Beta releases closely... not surprisingly, with Radu at the helm there, and with us in the front seat regarding changes and modifications included in the patch. Having said that, we're planning to release 0.5.0 when it's good enough to release, not influenced by whether 1.06 is officially released or not. Should the two coincide then that's a bonus, but nothing more.