• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll take our plains, farms, and cows over dust, dust, and more dust any day. :)

I'm very happy with the direction the Japanese AI is moving. A far cry from most of my experiences of Japan declaring war on half the world and then proceeding to masterfully sit there. Though, I suppose the surprise modifier would still apply in that case. The Allies would be desperately searching for the phantom invasion force for some time, I think. :p
Well I can assure you I took some nice shots of Oklahoma, which will be included in the next version of the Travel Guide. :)

And yes, the Japanese AI is far more agressive. We're still tweaking it a wee bit, but it's looking pretty good IMHO.

Looking forward to the updated release which is when I will add the travel guide which looks absolutely fantastic. Wow! Very cool.

Of course I'm having plenty of fun playing AOD and CORE as they are now.

Thanks for the hard work. You guys are amazing.

Glad our work is appreciated! :)

To keep you guys posted:

The dev team and the betas are already running a 1.06b3 compliant 0.50.20 version.

If nothing serious crops up, we´ll post it over here as Beta 4 within a day or two.

Teg

The only additional variable was that I was pretty ill for three days and not in any mood to post anything. There have been no negative comments on Terranova (in fact there has been no movement at all on Terranova for a couple of days) so I´ll post 0.50.20 today.

The only additional variable was that I was pretty ill for three days and not in any mood to post anything. There have been no negative comments on Terranova (in fact there has been no movement at all on Terranova for a couple of days) so I´ll post 0.50.20 today.

It´s your own fault people keep nagging. If CORE wasn´t a really good mod we wouldn´t be asking for it :p

Thanks for the new version BTW.

Ok, guys, how about a dev diary?

The last version we posted was 0.50.21b, as Beta 4 over here.

We are currently testing 0.50.23 over in the Terranova Beta forum and 0.50.24 is taking shape. Now we have the idea that 0.50.24 may actually be RC1, since work is really winding up on CORE 0.50 for AoD.

Now what has changed so far.
* We went for a major rework of the misc.txt parameters, meaning quite some global balance changing
* We took a final shot at sub balancing
* Initially we went for a complete resource and IC overhaul, found that this was a bit ambituous and went for a smaller overhaul instead. Global IC, in any case is up by about 5% with some nations getting more and some less. Generally, nations should build closer to their historic OOBs now.
* After a lot of discussion we went for a 15 IC tech team interval and may now even go for a 10 IC interval.
* This means adding several tech teams for minors and mini-majors and reassessing skills for several more (this is expected to be in by the end of this week)
* For those of you who do not read all parts of the forum: we added elements of the Tripartite mod, mainly map icons and interface related stuff (not the unit icons, sorry)
* We did a final AI brush-up. One always has to be careful there because something that doesn´t happen in five test runs may suddenly happen again in the sixth but:
- Japan should invade the places it needs to invade and not Oman and other places
- Germany is less likely to get stuck in Belgium
- Soviet Union should distribute its forces better
* Finally we are brushing up the graphics to get into release shape