+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Announcing CORE 0.50 for AoD

East vs West developer
    CORE Minister of Propaganda
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Xenozod View Post
    I'll take our plains, farms, and cows over dust, dust, and more dust any day.

I'm very happy with the direction the Japanese AI is moving. A far cry from most of my experiences of Japan declaring war on half the world and then proceeding to masterfully sit there. Though, I suppose the surprise modifier would still apply in that case. The Allies would be desperately searching for the phantom invasion force for some time, I think. :P
    Well I can assure you I took some nice shots of Oklahoma, which will be included in the next version of the Travel Guide.

And yes, the Japanese AI is far more agressive. We're still tweaking it a wee bit, but it's looking pretty good IMHO.

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Looking forward to the updated release which is when I will add the travel guide which looks absolutely fantastic. Wow! Very cool.

Of course I'm having plenty of fun playing AOD and CORE as they are now.

Thanks for the hard work. You guys are amazing.
    HOI 2 is the greatest strategy game ever made.

East vs West developer
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Glad our work is appreciated!

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

To keep you guys posted:

The dev team and the betas are already running a 1.06b3 compliant 0.50.20 version.

If nothing serious crops up, we´ll post it over here as Beta 4 within a day or two.

Teg
    "Muss Sieg von Lissa werden!" (Admiral Tegetthoff´s signal before the battle of Lissa - "Must become victory of Lissa" - since the battle started faster than he thought, all that was hoisted was the signal "MUSS")

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Tegetthoff View Post
    To keep you guys posted:

The dev team and the betas are already running a 1.06b3 compliant 0.50.20 version.

If nothing serious crops up, we´ll post it over here as Beta 4 within a day or two.

Teg
    22 + 2 = 24. Today it´s march 25. Any major problems causing delay?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

26th today..

So without any 0.50.20 yet, would 0.50.19 work with 1.06b3?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by barrabas View Post
    26th today..

So without any 0.50.20 yet, would 0.50.19 work with 1.06b3?
    AFAIK at least one additional variable was added into misc.txt in 1.06b3. Without adding this variable into the CORE version of this file 0.19 won't work properly.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

The only additional variable was that I was pretty ill for three days and not in any mood to post anything. There have been no negative comments on Terranova (in fact there has been no movement at all on Terranova for a couple of days) so I´ll post 0.50.20 today.
    "Muss Sieg von Lissa werden!" (Admiral Tegetthoff´s signal before the battle of Lissa - "Must become victory of Lissa" - since the battle started faster than he thought, all that was hoisted was the signal "MUSS")

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Tegetthoff View Post
    The only additional variable was that I was pretty ill for three days and not in any mood to post anything. There have been no negative comments on Terranova (in fact there has been no movement at all on Terranova for a couple of days) so I´ll post 0.50.20 today.
    It´s your own fault people keep nagging. If CORE wasn´t a really good mod we wouldn´t be asking for it

Thanks for the new version BTW.

500k club

Ok, guys, how about a dev diary?

The last version we posted was 0.50.21b, as Beta 4 over here.

We are currently testing 0.50.23 over in the Terranova Beta forum and 0.50.24 is taking shape. Now we have the idea that 0.50.24 may actually be RC1, since work is really winding up on CORE 0.50 for AoD.

Now what has changed so far.
    * We went for a major rework of the misc.txt parameters, meaning quite some global balance changing
    * We took a final shot at sub balancing
    * Initially we went for a complete resource and IC overhaul, found that this was a bit ambituous and went for a smaller overhaul instead. Global IC, in any case is up by about 5% with some nations getting more and some less. Generally, nations should build closer to their historic OOBs now.
    * After a lot of discussion we went for a 15 IC tech team interval and may now even go for a 10 IC interval.
    * This means adding several tech teams for minors and mini-majors and reassessing skills for several more (this is expected to be in by the end of this week)
    * For those of you who do not read all parts of the forum: we added elements of the Tripartite mod, mainly map icons and interface related stuff (not the unit icons, sorry)
    * We did a final AI brush-up. One always has to be careful there because something that doesn´t happen in five test runs may suddenly happen again in the sixth but:
    - Japan should invade the places it needs to invade and not Oman and other places
    - Germany is less likely to get stuck in Belgium
    - Soviet Union should distribute its forces better
    * Finally we are brushing up the graphics to get into release shape

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Splendid work chaps!
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4