+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Years Help

thank you very much vanQuish i am planning on downloading the mod as soon as i buy the expansions for EU3... i just had the original EU3, but apparently one needs the latest expansion/patch to play this game?

thanks again!
    United Christian Slavs

thanks again vanQuish
    United Christian Slavs

Consider buying the Complete Edition, as it might be cheaper than buying Napoleons Ambition and In Nomine seperately (Though it does not contain Heir to the Throne)

hey guys! luckily i paid off some stuff so i downloaded not only EU3 Complete and HTTT from gamersgate but also Crusader Kings complete so i am paradox'd out for the moment lol! i am going to install this mod now and see how it works
    United Christian Slavs

how lovely.... after installing the mod CTD... great, very anti-climactic...
    United Christian Slavs

chances are that you either installed HT3 incorrectly or the beta patch that is needed to play the mod

HTTT loads correctly though i have not tried to start a game... i had to copy/paste over the original files in order to get that to work however (must be a Win 7 thing) because HTTT will not run just inside of the Paradox directory... at the bottom left of the screen there it says ***4.1b, showing that the 4.1 beta patch has indeed been installed.
    United Christian Slavs

Oh. I put it in the "...\eu3-complete\mod" directory and it works fine. A few quirks, though (like none of the new provinces belongs to any region, the dynamic cores flag event constantly firing, and general weirdness with the Norway colonizing Iceland event), but it works. Overwriting the vanilla files is probably why you have the CTD. Do a clean install of 4.1b, put TDY in the mod folder, and fire up the launcher. That should work.

Quote Originally Posted by enf91 View Post
    Oh. I put it in the "...\eu3-complete\mod" directory and it works fine. A few quirks, though (like none of the new provinces belongs to any region, the dynamic cores flag event constantly firing, and general weirdness with the Norway colonizing Iceland event), but it works. Overwriting the vanilla files is probably why you have the CTD. Do a clean install of 4.1b, put TDY in the mod folder, and fire up the launcher. That should work.
    ahhh understood thank you very much
    United Christian Slavs

well i downloaded 1.02 and put it into the mod folder and....... nothing still... getting a little bit aggravating as i have to unpack it into my download folder and then copy/paste the folder TDY 1.02 into the mod folder.... i am not sure what i'm doing wrong here as there is not an installation guide from what i can see.... maybe someone could give me a little help? running win 7
    United Christian Slavs

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

For me it works fine as always, you take the mod folder and the .mod file, place them in the mod folder, open the game launcher and choose TDY from the mod list.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

I'm surprised the thread was revived, I've tried the spanish kingdoms a few times since I started this a while back. Basically if your lucky and Cordoba is lazy and doesn't crush you its possible to do what Vagn said. Unfortunately spies are expensive and if Cordoba decides it want's you dead fairly early on there's nothing you can really do. Cordoba was very decentralized historically, the only reason the Christians were able to take over was basically because when the Christians attacked Moorish cities the other Moors didn't come to their aid they just let them fall. Perhaps adding something to Cordoba resembling the tribal sucession crisis would make its decentralization more apparent?

ahhhh for some reason the .mod file didn't copy in there! now it works just fine except... certain views (terrain mode) is very pixel-ly so to speak... it is almost impossible to play in that view mode... also, are there any plans to change unit names or anything of the sort? i would be happy to help with that as i have my bachelors in European History....
    United Christian Slavs

Disable trees. For some reason the game doesn't play mods well when you have trees enabled.

ah very good suggestion sir.
    United Christian Slavs

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Nice to hear it works.

Army size, AI aggro.

Hi all,

I`m coming back to EUIII after a long absence and I`d like to test this but wonder if:

- army sizes/force limits are like vanilla, i e my OPM neighbours will field 40k cav armies after 3 months from start and

- if I`ll have to wage constant endless wars.

The above "features" made me abandon vanilla for good and any mods in the same style.
    Magna Mundi was the way to go for me.

Rgds, Oldtimer
    KNOWLEDGE RESULTS IN PREJUDICE

You have to pay much more for huge armies, forcelimit is way lower, battles take longer.

Hi tuore,

thx for prompt attention.
    I know that I will have to pay up to through nose for everything and have microscopic force limits(Paradox`s beloved fake difficulties). The question is if that applies also to the AI:s in your mod.
    Also I`d appreciate if you could tell some abt. AI aggro. With vanilla BB limits the AI is in practice not deterred at all from totally unrealistic warmongering. Have you done anything abt. it?

Rgds, Oldtimer
    KNOWLEDGE RESULTS IN PREJUDICE

BB limit is lower and I'm encouraging people to use low AI aggressiveness in the settings. The thing is, the AI can't be modded like in Hoi2.
    The new forcelimits and costs also apply to the AI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast