• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kanzlooz

bite me
53 Badges
Jan 27, 2008
www.inthegame.nl
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • 500k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
So I decided to start a new game with an uncivilized nation, my first time for that. I picked Madagascar and things where going pretty well. It was a fun game and I was well on my way to westernize while suddenly my screen freezed and I went to the end game screen where I learned that I was annexed. When I reloaded it happened again on the exact same date, January 1 1856.

The strange thing is that I wasn't at war with anyone, but I was under the sphere of France. Did something happen what I don't know about? an event or such thing? Or is it because the sphere of influence? What happened to my Madagascar?

If you get into France's SOI, they get a decision to overthrow your monarchy and annex you. Same for Hawaii/US.

If you get into France's SOI, they get a decision to overthrow your monarchy and annex you. Same for Hawaii/US.

ok, but it shouldn't happen if you are playing as Madagascar (or Hawaii). Like in EU3, the player can't be annexed through diplomatic ways but only by war.

Event or decision? If decision then perhaps the player can avert.

how?

They are decisions. One possibilty: Create a decision for Madegascar and Hawaii with AI chance = 0, which when selected, prevents the corresponding annexation decision from appearing.

Okay, but how do I do that? I'm not really a modder, to affraid to mess my game up...
In game you could declare war on France before they get you into their SoI, thereby stopping them from influencing you for 5 years. This however risks the possibility that in the aforesaid war France adds an Establish Protectorate wargoal and annexes you anyway. An alternative would be to tag switch to the UK early on and set their influence priority to maximum for Madagascar, then switch back. I'm not sure if the AI is likely to keep that priority but it may be worth a try if you're wary of modding files.

The decisions should definitely had a check on whether Hawaii and Madagascar are AI or human controlled, if possible.

Sounds like the decisions are too broad to deal with the potential small number of games whereby Madagascar is human player or the somewhat larger minority of games whereby the island is taken over by a nation other than France. I've reported it as a bug, should be fixed for 1.3.

Yes hopefully this is fixed, I hate these scripted events they make no sense and should be all taken out so the game is more repayable and a true sandbox.

Sounds like the decisions are too broad to deal with the potential small number of games whereby Madagascar is human player or the somewhat larger minority of games whereby the island is taken over by a nation other than France. I've reported it as a bug, should be fixed for 1.3.

oke, thanks.

I'll just wait for 1.3 then to start another game with Madagascar, hopefully it will be fixed then.