+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Divergences - Governments & Civilised status

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Divergences - Governments & Civilised status

This thread is for all discussions of government types, reforms to the civilisation process and political/economic reform setup within Divergences.
    Divergences - An alternative history mod for Victoria 2. Now at version 0.5, with a new military system an many new countries.

GloriaMundi 0.4: the missing scoresheet for CKII. Now compatible with Old Gods!

The World Quiz: quizzes on World History, the World Today, Science & Technology and the Earth from above. Contribute by submitting your own questions!

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Here are my replies to this topic:
    Also I am trying to create a list of The Most Backward Countries That Deserve A Tribal Government so post here your proposals. You can choose between oligarchy (run by nobles) or despotism (semi-absolute).
    I start:
    Chagatai Khanate, Kanem-Bornu, Funj Sultanate, Madagascar.

I think the Chagatai should be harder to westernize...they are the last remnant of the Mongol Horde.
    Also another candidates: Mongolia, Khiva, Kokkand, Fiji, Rapa Nui, maybe Hawaii.

About OE: My concept (that is placed very low on my TODO list) is this: Janissaries gained a lot of power in the 18th Century and became the power behind the throne. In the beginning of the 19th Century, Sultan decided to modernize his country in the western style. But Janitschars refused to give up their power and a civil war started. In the end, the Janitschars are victorious and the new Sultan is just another puppet. Many territories declare independence and the empire is weakened. Meanwhile, the united Aragonese/Venetian/Spanish armadas defeat the Barbar pirates once and for all. This weakens the OE even more.
    In gameplay I would like to do that if OE tries to change its ruling (but not through revolution) party (= get rid of the Janitschars), then a civil war occurs - more than a half of the army rises in country-specific reactionary revolt.

IMHO, the Native North American culture would not be able to create such an empire as the Inca, Maya or Mali.
    It would also slow down colonization in the area.
    Please, do not destroy the balance in NAm. It looks quite good. If anyone wants to play Natives, he can play the Inca.
    And if you then still want to play the NAm Natives I will create a modmod featuring it, but please do not add it to the primary version.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

+ Reply to Thread