• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sure such edits i grant allways, i just have to be aware of them :)

- Edit of chapter 1 granted on the 09-11-2010 to correct images

Thank you, I have updated the broken image (Iturbide's entrance to Mexico City).

Thank you, I have updated the broken image (Iturbide's entrance to Mexico City).

I wonder, is that a postcard image? Or from an painting?
You also have quite alot of good uniform pictures, i guess they are from some book?

Edit:
AH! Just saw the book for the uniforms on one of the pictures :)

I wonder, is that a postcard image? Or from an painting?
You also have quite alot of good uniform pictures, i guess they are from some book?

Edit:
AH! Just saw the book for the uniforms on one of the pictures :)

The Iturbide's entrance to Mexico City in the Belen gate is a painting, and for the uniforms, I have some books of Mexican Military Uniforms from Osprey Publishing, the Men at Arms and Elite series( I hope I'm not violationg any rule by giving the name, if I am, please let me know to remove the source).

I think that falls under the fair use stuff, you dont aim to sell your AAR as a book or anything, right? ;)

Chapter IV (1845-1850)
The Mexican - Peruvian War and The Mexican - Ecuadorian War

“This casus belli against Peru take us as a surprise, we need to act immediately and not let the Mexican merchant ships be humiliated, but we have no Military fleet in the Pacific and no access thru the USCA, nor Colombia. Probably we can have access thru Colombia but I strongly doubt the USCA will grant access to us. Well, this is a good excuse to create a fleet in the Pacific, send the order to create 8 transport ships as soon as possible and have them ready in 3 months, at least we will can transport 8 full equipped brigades. General Romulo de Iturbide (younger Emperor’s brother), prepare the newly created “Ejercito del Centro” to move to Acapulco and wait for the “Transporte del Pacifico” fleet to be ready to sail to Peru, Marshal Santa Anna, stay with the Ejercito del Norte in San Antonio to protect the North against a possible attack from the USA, Marshal Rincon Gallardo, organize a new army, rise the “Ejercito de Centroamerica” and be alert in case you are needed for the Peru Campaign”, words of HIM Don Agustin I.

invasiondeperu.jpg

Transporte del Pacifico and situation before the War.

On September 1st, 1845, the “Tansporte del Pacifico” fleet is completed and the full "Ejercito del Centro" is transported to the costs of Peru, the Declaration of War with the “Cut down to Size” casus belli is sent to the Peruvian government on September 10th, 1845 and the invasion begins 2 days after.
The Army of Peru is formed by 5 brigades with base in Lima, the capital city of Peru, the invasion started in the northern Peruvian provinces in full scale to end the War soon. The Peruvian forces moves to engage the Mexican Imperial troops and fight with honor but they are defeated in the battles of Pucalpa, Cajamarca, Huanuco and Huaraz and after 18 months (March 7th, 1847), the Peruvians send the peace offer accepting our terms, “Cut down to Size”.

pazperu.jpg

Main battles of the Peruvian War and peace.

With the “Ejercito del Centro” still in Peru, we receive another casus belli against another South American Nation, this time, Ecuador, the cause, exactly the same as Peru, the goal “Cut Down To Size”.
Ecuador is defended by one single brigade, the Declaration of War is sent on September 26th, 1847 and the next day, the “Ejercito del Centro” with General Iturbide starts the full invasion, in just 7 months (April 16th, 1848), Ecuador accepts peace with our conditions to “Cut Down To Size”, 2 Wars in 5 years gives the Empire more prestige and respect in Latin America and the Whole World.

pazecuador.jpg

Main battles of the Ecuadorian War and peace.

The triumphant “Ejercito del Centro” returns to Mexico and moves North, to reinforce the northern border, and the new created “Ejercito de Centroamerica” will be the one to protect the States of Honduras and Nicaragua.
The victories in these 2 wars makes the General Iturbide to be promoted to Marshal of Mexico, the third Marshal of the Empire.
Finally peace, it is time to organize the economy and the military of the Empire, we need to encourage capitalists to invest in infrastructure, we need railroads to easily move troops and civilians to every single part of the Empire, we need to improve our weapons, we need to create a defensive fleet in the golf, we need to balance the taxes, we need to pay attention to the foreign relations, and a lot of more things, we need to start now, and one priority is to build Forts in all the border with the USA and the United Kingdom.

fortsintheborder.jpg

Forts in all the northern border.

During this process, new nations are added to the Mexican Sphere of Influence, Brazil, Colombia and Japan.
The taxes continue to be at 50% for the lower and middle classes, but are reduced to 35% for the higher classes, why?, because we need them to invest and make the national industry to grow.
The expenses in education, administration and military will be at 100%, tarifs at 25% and with the extra income we are getting for War compensations from the countries we defeated, we are in good green numbers and increasing.

tecnologiad.jpg

Budget and Nations into our Sphere of Influence.

statusen1850.jpg

The World Powers in September, 1850.

We need to focus on the Army and Navy now to be always prepared for an Invasion, mainly from the USA, we know they are waiting for the right moment and we will not give them the right moment.
Our Infamy is decreasing, and we need to wait until we get the correct numbers to not exceed the limits in our next mission, get Costa Rica.
Suddenly, a messenger arrives to the Chapultepec Castle with an important message to HIM Don Agustin I from Marshal Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna:
“Your Majesty, we captured a US dragoon in Mexican soil with documents containing information of our strategic positions in Texas and propaganda against the Empire and in favor of the USA. We suspect that the USA is preparing something against us your Majesty, the Imperial Army is ready and waiting for your orders”.
“The USA again, we have gained the “Acquire State” Casus Belli, we will strike before they do, let’s get Louisiana and incorporate it to the Empire. Marshal Santa Anna, you will start the USA invasion and take the states that borders with Texas, move east on your own criteria, and Marshal Iturbide, you will start the invasion at north, in the Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Dakota states, we will annihilate the USA at once. Send the declaration of War to Washington, we are free of Infamy with this Casus Belli”, words of HIM Don Agustin I.

antesdesegundaguerrausa.jpg

Before declaring War to the USA.

Now this is taking up pace... thank you for your chapter 4!

Very well done, it was an enjoyable read, just one more chapter and you are set for the contest,
and i hope to see it soon because i an eager to read how the war with the USA will turn out :)

You had some luck to get 2 cut down to size CB´s in only 5 jears on nations you could actually reach,
whenever i get those they are most times for states i have no means to get to in time.

Now this is taking up pace... thank you for your chapter 4!

Very well done, it was an enjoyable read, just one more chapter and you are set for the contest,
and i hope to see it soon because i an eager to read how the war with the USA will turn out :)

You had some luck to get 2 cut down to size CB´s in only 5 jears on nations you could actually reach,
whenever i get those they are most times for states i have no means to get to in time.

Yes, I was lucky, I got also the usual ones against nations in Asia, but had to ignore them, also I got a couple against Denmark.

So, how is your colonisation in North America going? Also, what do you plan on doing with Haiti and Hawaii?

So, how is your colonisation in North America going? Also, what do you plan on doing with Haiti and Hawaii?

My colonization was perfect, I colonized the 4 territories available at game start in this order:
- Colorado
- Oregon
- Idaho
- Oklahoma

In Colorado and Idaho I had no opposition, but in Oregon, I beat the Russians, they were like 10% when I arrived but kick them out, the exclent part was Oklahoma, the USA had already like 55% in progress, but I beat them too, with this you really see how important is to have one brigade in the territory to boost the colonization.
Haiti and Hawaii are in my plans of annexing them, but have to wait for the Infamy to decrease, I'm in the limit and already had 2 Wars with the UK, the chapters will follow.

Its allmost an exploit that the AI isnt capable to use troops to fasten the colonizing.
I am not sure they did the right thing allowing it for players when they wernt capable of teaching the AI to do the same.
But thats just a sidenote, everyone surly can use it or not how he wants to, after all its in the game.

Hope to see your next chapter soon :)

Whoa, how did I miss this! It's great to see a Mexican AAR - like Tanzhang, it was one of the first countries I played, although I kind of drove it into the ground. :( But this makes me want to fire up the game again, see if I can't change the past. :) Quite an empire indeed - your borders look great, especially in the recent fortification shots. :) Is the adventuneering in South America Mexico's equivilent of the Monroe doctorine (a very early one at that, but it seems to serve a similar purpose). My only request is that you consider an allowance for speakers of French and Italian in Mexican Louisiana! ;) :D

Chapter V (1850-1858)
The Second Mexican – American War and the War for Costa Rica.

The official declaration of War is sent on September 25th, 1850 and the “Ejército del Centro” with Marshal Iturbide finds no opposition and easily takes every single province in the north, Marshal Santa Anna does the same with the “Ejército del Norte” in the east in the early days of hostilities.
One notorious note in this Invasion is that the Heir to the Mexican Imperial Throne, the Colonel Maximiliano de Iturbide y Habsburgo is integrated to the “Ejército del Norte” and it is taking command of some divisions under the main orders of Marshal Santa Anna.
With the easy occupation of the North, Marshal Iturbide suggests to add another War goal and take the State of Idaho. Analyzing the situation and seeing that adding the War goal will not violate the Infamy limit penalty, Marshal Iturbide’s suggestion is approved and “Acquire Idaho” is added to the war goals.

invasionusaymax.jpg

Invasion to the USA and Imperial Hair Maximiliano.

It is a matter of time for the US troops to get into their west front to engage the “Ejército del Norte”, the first skirmish happens on December 11th, 1850 and after that, the fall of the USA begins, battle after battle, the unprepared US army is losing brave men and by February 8th, 1851, the USA has no available brigades available to fight the organized, professional and experienced Mexican Imperial Army.

mainbattlesusamexwar.jpg

Main battles in the Louisiana theatre of the War.

batalladevicksburg.jpg

Decisive Mexican Victory in the Battle Of Vicksburg.

The occupation of the US north and South West states is in progress, some new US brigades are bring to battle but are easily beaten. Marshal Iturbide and Marshal Santa Anna’s general staff are working excellent and bringing to the Imperial troops a boost in organization and command principles. The Colonel Maximiliano de Iturbide is gaining good experience leading the Cavalry into important victories and acting fast to not let the US armies get organization and prepare a counter attack.
Then finally, on August 11th, 1852, the US government sends the peace offer, they agreed on ceding Louisiana and Idaho to the Mexican Empire and peace is agreed.

mexicanocupationofusa.jpg

Mexican Occupation of USA and peace offer accepted.

Another important victory for the Mexican Empire and the second over the USA, hegemony in America is for no doubt at the Mexican Empire side. The USA lost 2 states and was humiliated again by the “weak” neighbor in the south.
The acquisition of Louisiana gives the Empire the first Factory and the start of the Industrial grows.
During the time, Argentina, Chile and Venezuela are included in the Mexican Sphere of Influence, Japan, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Chile and Venezuela are allied with Mexico, Japan restores the Meiji Empire, a Factory starts to be built by Mexican Capitalist in Mexico City, and another War starts in North America, this time, the United Kingdom takes advantage of the situation in the USA and declares War to acquire the American New England on February 5th, 1853.

variosa.jpg

Countries into the Mexican Sphere of Influence.

We have nothing to do with that, but decided to give the USA War subsidies. On January 7th, 1854 the “Conservadores” won for the first time and after years of “Liberal” control, a new class will be majority in the Imperial Congress.
The American – British War ended on August 23th, 1854 and during that time, the Empire increase relations with Prussia, Spain and the UK.

ukusawar.jpg

Events in the American – British War.

There are 6 years of Economical, Industrial, Technological and Military grow, peace and Infamy reduction, and the Emperor decides that it is time to annex the Costa Rican state to the Empire.
The declaration of War is sent on February 8th, 1858 against the USCA and the Emperor Don Agustin I, promotes the now General Maximiliano de Iturbide y Habsburgo and gives him the command of the “Ejército del Centro” and ordered him to do the Invasion, Marshal Rincon Gallardo will support him with the “Ejército de Centroamerica” in the Invasion.
The Imperial Army secures Quetzaltenango, Sayaxtle and Puerto Barrios, Marshal Rincon Gallardo moves to the border in San Pedro Sula and San Salvador, and General Maximiliano starts the invasion of the Capital City Guatemala, where 15,000 USCA troops are waiting under the command of General Benito Chamorro. On March 5th, 1858, a month later of the declaration of War, the USCA troops are totally annihilated and the Imperial troops begin to occupy the country.
Everything seems to be perfect, and the peace is expected to be done in some few months, but suddenly something not in our plans happens, and like a backstab, no matter the perfect relations we have, the United Kingdom decides to join the War at the USCA side, to not let the Mexican Empire acquire Costa Rica. The reason is for sure the British Fruit Company located in Costa Rica, they basically do whatever they want with the commerce in the USCA, and it will be something that for sure will not going to be handled similarly if Costa Rica is part of the Mexican Empire.

mexicouscawar.jpg

Mexican Invasion of the USCA and UK declaration of War.

This will be a real test for the Imperial Troops, a War against the Main World Power, an enemy far superior in Technology and Industry. We have the chance of call all our allies, they are mobilizing their troops.
“Your Majesty, our faithful allies are mobilizing and expressed their support to the Empire, they are waiting for the Call to Arms call to send their troops into battle against the British, should we send the letter to call our allies?”, words of the Minister of the Interior.
“We are glad to hear that our allies are by our side, and appreciate the help they are offering, but this is a War we started and I don’t want them to get involved in the conflict, I’m sure our Imperial troops can handle this and we will defeat the UK by ourselves”, words of HIM Don Agustin I.

Whoa, how did I miss this! It's great to see a Mexican AAR - like Tanzhang, it was one of the first countries I played, although I kind of drove it into the ground. :( But this makes me want to fire up the game again, see if I can't change the past. :) Quite an empire indeed - your borders look great, especially in the recent fortification shots. :) Is the adventuneering in South America Mexico's equivilent of the Monroe doctorine (a very early one at that, but it seems to serve a similar purpose). My only request is that you consider an allowance for speakers of French and Italian in Mexican Louisiana! ;) :D

Of course, actually the Immigration into the Empire is doing well, we can create French, British and German brigades :).

Tomorrow I will upload Chapter VI, It will be the Mexican - British War.

Yay, looking forward to it! Viva Mexico!
Crush the British, and take a lil' Canada home with you! :)

Don't go too far in a war against Britain, otherwise you risk the entire Mexican Empire!

Wohoo, chapter 5! And you are set for the contest with it, thank you for it!

Great read, very entertaining chapter, congratulations on your victory over the US.
But now this war where the UK intervened will be a true test for the Mexicans... its greatness or fall from greatness.
Very exciting, i cant wait to read more and i hope to see many more chapters after this one :)

Chapter VI is almost ready, be patient :).

This is my first AAR and I will continue until the end of the game, I'm enjoing a lot this campaign.

Stay tuned :).

Very interesting AAR. Always good to see an Empire on the rise! :)

Any reason in particular why you added Japan to your Sphere?