• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaetje

Private
2 Badges
Mar 18, 2010
  • Heir to the Throne
  • 500k Club
Werewolf XCVII: LOST, The Others.
Or, As the title should be, but not allowed to, cause I need to stick to the correct numbering:

Werewolf DCCCXV: LOST, The Others.

lost-cast.jpg

Setting:
You were on Oceanic Flight 815, from Sidney to LA. Now you're on a beach. One piece of the plane is lying about 100 meters away from you. There are other people on the beach, some are hurt, some not. Some are dead. A couple of hours later the people that are not dead have gathered up, the wounded have been bandaged and helped as best as possible. There seems to be a doctor amongst you.
Someone has found the passenger list. When you count the people allive and the bodies of the dead, there seem to be more people than are on the list. That's weird....

THE RULES

I. Overview:

The players represent a village where each member has a role that is kept secret. Most of them are just plain, ordinary Villagers, but there are some Werewolves lurking in their midst. The goal of the Villagers is to eliminate all of the Werewolves, while the goal of the Werewolves (and allies) is to achieve 1:1 parity with the villagers (at which point they can openly rise up and overwhelm the Villagers, thereby winning the game). Of course only one pack can remain. After only one pack remains, all baddies (werewolves, all cultists, sorcerers, and sorc. apprentices) are counted towards parity.

The game is split in two sections, Day and Night. Game starts with a NIGHT Deadline.

II. Lynching:

During the Day, the Villagers (including the Werewolves, who have assumed a human form) meet together to decide who is the Werewolf and therefore to be lynched for the greater good of the village. When a player has decided who to vote for, they type vote Player X in bold font and preferabbly at least size 3 (or clear from other text), this to ensure that your GM notices the vote. If they decide to change their vote, they type unvote Player X - vote Player Y.

Abstaining from voting without declaring absence two times during the game will result in an autolynching or more likely, a substitution.

III. Night Events and Orders:

The game begins with a Night, the time when the Werewolves decide among themselves who to eat and most special abilities are used. The Werewolves and the "special villagers" submit their choices/orders to the Game Moderator. Any orders not delivered in time will be IGNORED.

Nightly orders are handled in the following order (if the role is present):

1. Lover
2. Spy
3. Sorcerer
4. Seer
5. Priest
6. Hunter
7. Guardian Angel
8. Doctor
9. Changeling
10. Werewolf
If multiple attack orders are sent from the same pack, the last order submitted is the one that counts. Only one werewolf attack takes place during the night (unless no valid hunting order is submitted, in which case there is no werewolf attack at all), no matter how many werewolves or werewolf packs there are.
11. Witness

IV. DEADLINE:

The deadline for ALL NIGHT ORDERS and VOTES is 20:30 DUTCH TIME (anyone feel free to translate this to other time zones and I'll add it here). After this, the vote results and the night's events will be posted, along with an RP update.

V. Absence and Substitution:

No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started but it is possible to substitute for dropouts.

VI. Non-Player Participation:

Spectators and Ghosts ("dead" players) may haunt, taunt and flaunt. They may not reveal any secret/inside information nor may they do voting records. Anyone caught doing it risk being banned from later Werewolf games. When making a ghost/spectator comment, please use a non-white colour (and keep off the GM colour, Magenta this time (sorry EURO, it's my colour too.)).

VII. Player Actions:

Forged Private Messages (PMs) from players are allowed.
Sharing any PMs from the GM (forged or not) is NOT allowed.

Alliances between players which aren't based on your roles in the game are frowned upon. These alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

Screenshots of PMs from players or the GM are not allowed and anyone caught doing it will be autolynched.

Roles:
Passenger (Villager): You were a passenger of flight 815. You are not special.
Doctor (Doctor): has a 50% chance to save a player of their choice after they are hunted. Said player may not act the next day.
Seer (Seer): you've visited a spiritual healer before the flight and now you get true dreams. Can scan 1 person each night to see whether they are a werewolf or a villager.
Chaotic good criminal (Special Role): can hold someone captive, rendering him unable to vote. This will make the chaotic good criminal unable to vote as well.
Hunter (Special Role): if left alive at the end when parity is reached, will kill one wolf, thus rendering it no parity. This ability can only be used once.
Conman (Special Role): Can switch one persons vote to someone else, due to his great persuasion, one per game.
Vicar (Priest): You pray for spiritual guidance and get it. Scans 1 player each night to see if they are a sorcerer or a cultist. Can have many of the traits available as well as having an apprentice.
Other infiltrant (Wolf): You are part of a colony that was already in place on the island and you have infiltrated the group of stranded passengers, Every other night you kidnap one of them to bring to your colony for experiments, never to be seen alive again.
Other Sympathizer (Cultist of the Others): Passenger that is sympathizing with the others.
Leader of the Others (Sorcerer): has a special relationship with some vague person who knows more about the passengers. Has a scan every night which can reveal the role of a player if they are a Seer, Cultist or Priest.
The Smokemonster(Special Role): cannot be killed by the others, only lynched by the Passengers. Has his own agenda: to kill them all and leave the island (possibly with the island groupie(s)). Will kill one villager every other night.
Scans as villager. When hunted will be reveiled as no hunt. Smokemonster can scan every night for his groupies.
Island Groupie (Cultist of the Smokemonster): has no loyalty to the Others or the passengers, but only to the smokemonster. His sole purpose is to help the smokemonster reach it's goal.

Traits:
I see dead people: Once per game can ask the GM for the scan order + result of a dead scanner of the night he died.
Blessed: Can survive being hunted once. After this occurs the trait has no more effect.
Cursed: If hunted, they join the pack that hunted them as a cultist. This occurance uses up this trait.
Brutal: Werewolf specific trait (the smokemonster counts as wolf for this purpose)which gives the one with the trait an opportunity to kill 1 person of their choice if lynched, this counts as a day action.
Mommy to be (Witness + Special Role): You were pregnant when the plane crashed. due to deliver any day. You wake up often at night, toilet visits at first, when the baby is there, for nightfeedings. You might see something special.... (random chance each night to see nightly actions) Special: Once per game her baby votes with her. Effectively making hers a double vote. This needs to be done in the thread by the Mommy. The baby's vote is not persuadable.

Winning:
The Passengers (the green guys) win when the Other Infiltrants and the Smokemonster are dead.
The Others (red) win when they outnumber the Passengers and the Smokemonster + his groupies.
The Smokemonster and his groupies (orange) win when they outnumber the Passengers and the Others.

Last edited:
Flight List:
1. Eternaly_Lost The Vicar (Priest) Hunted Day 8
2. randakar as Benjamin Linus Hunted Day 6
3. johho888
4. reis91 The Doctor Lynched Day 8
5. Kriszo Lynched Day 5
6. jonti-h
7. the_hdk as Daniel Faraday
8. Jopi the Conman Lynched Day 3
9. Adamus the Doctor Lynched Day 7
10. walrus
11. Saintis as Charlie The Other Leader (Sorcerer) Lynched Day 3
12. Slinky the Island Groupie (Cultist) Lynched Day 6
13. trespoe the Blessed Passenger Lynched Day 9
14. Teep the Other Infiltrant (Wolf) Lynched Day 1
15. Lord_D the Passenger who Sees Dead People Lynched Day 7
16. Yakman as The Pilot. the Other Infiltrant (Wolf) Lynched Day 2
17. Jopiv2 previously known as Lemeard.
18. OrangeYoshi the Passenger Hunted Day 2
19. okyriosy the Island Groupie Lynched Day 4
20. Ciryandor The Chaotic Good Criminal Lynched Day 1.

Subs:

Last edited:
I've updated some of the roles, to reflect the answers I've given people in the thread in response to their questions.
I've also added the Reverent (Priest) and changed the Mommy to be from a role to a trait.
Besides that I've added the info about when this game is won by any of the parties involved.

I will not start the game before we have 20 people. With less than that I will not be able to fit in the roles and traits. Feel free to persuade any of your friends to join.

Last edited:
Tentative in. Me having a relationship with the GM means I may have to refrain from participating. Haven't decided yet ;-)

I think I may come out of the break I was taking. Although I have no idea about the theme,

in

Make that a permanent in.

A few comments on the rules:
- "You where pregnant" - Please search-and-replace "where" with "were" in this document - except for the use in paragraph I "where each member has a role" - almost every use of the word "where" in the first post is wrong ;-)

- Hmm, might the GM be a pregnant woman? :)
- Speaking of which - how does the baby vote work? Is this an order to the GM by PM, or does it need to be public? How is the village supposed to know the baby votes for a specific person - does it vomit on them or something? And then, during the lynching, does it participate? How? :D
- What if the conman switches the vote of the mommy to be? Does the babies vote move too?
- How does the mommy to be's witness power work? Random chance each night to see wolves hunting (or something else?), or does the witness need to send in an order to use that power?

- Seer. Might need a little bit of elaborating as to what that actually does. All the old timers should know, but it's not really new-player-friendly to omit the relevant bits about scanning people to see what they are and having to send in scan orders ..
- Sorcerer. Same thing, really, but more so since the actual powers of sorcerers tend to vary between games quite a bit.
- Priest. Or rather, there is no priest? So sorcerers and cultists are not detectable, or does the Seer scan for them as well? Or is this the mommy-to-be's job?
- Cultists. Looking at these rules, when the smokemonster (or all of the wolves) die, the associated cultists no longer have a way to win the game. What happens then?
- Cursed trait - what happens if the smokemonster hunts a cursed person?
- Wolves - do wolves only hunt every night the smokemonster doesn't, or is it possible that the two hunts happen simultaneously?
- Does the smokemonster count as a wolf for purposes of parity? When the hunter's parity ability triggers, does it kill the smokemonster? If the wolves have parity but the smokemonster is alive, do the wolves win or do they need the smokemonster to die first?

Inne!!

I have never played a game of this in my life, would it be sensible for me too play?

Playing werewolf is always sensible. *nods* :D

I will answer randakar's questions later this afternoon.