• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thanks for popping in to close this off. To me, it was one of the great HOI AARs, well written, not predicated on exploiting the known flaws with the AI and with some serious reversals of fortune along the way. Good luck with job things etc and hope we see another from you at some stage?

Thanks Loki,

Coming from your good self, thats high praise indeed.

Yes, I have been toying with the idea of doing another British attempt because I really want to see what can be achieved with the UK.

I do have a bit more time free now Ive settled in, but up until now Ive had no real desire to wrestle with a broken AI again. However, having read about the HPP I bought FtM a few months back, and only really opened it up over the weekend. The old HOI addiction did the rest of course :D

Im going to see if I can get HPP running smoothly first, then see where that goes. It would be hard to follow EoE because Ive already used a lot of material, but perhaps a more commentary orientated story with less images might be possible.

Anyway, good to hear from you again and hope you are well.

thanks for popping in to close this off. To me, it was one of the great HOI AARs, well written, not predicated on exploiting the known flaws with the AI and with some serious reversals of fortune along the way. Good luck with job things etc and hope we see another from you at some stage?

+1. This AAR togeather with Loki's GPW is the best AARs I have had the pleasure to read on this forum. I hope the both of you conciders starting new projects. Cheers.

After some considerable deliberation, R&W has decided his new AAR will be......:drum roll:......

HOI3 FtM HPP 2.7.0. .........AUSTRIA!!

I was thinking of something more insane... Is Australia "invadable" by AI Japan in FtM? :eek:o

I'll hop over and read it when you start ...

Thank you sir. Hopefully, I'll get started next week.

I was thinking of something more insane... Is Australia "invadable" by AI Japan in FtM? :eek:o

I don't know. I'm not entirely sure Australia was "invadable" by the real Japan. However, I don't want to start another AAR, only to find Japan sits on its arse and does nothing. In that case it would be a pretty pointless AAR.

Is there a problem with Japanese amphibious operations? ie they don't happen?

Is there a problem with Japanese amphibious operations? ie they don't happen?

I am not sure about HPP FTM, but in vanilla FTM Japan AI is horrible... they tend to get bogged down in China and get invaded by the US. In the TFH its quite the opposite.. they get vicious and almost always invade AUS and NZ.

I am not sure about HPP FTM, but in vanilla FTM Japan AI is horrible... they tend to get bogged down in China and get invaded by the US. In the TFH its quite the opposite.. they get vicious and almost always invade AUS and NZ.

Hmm. That's not good. I might have to have a rethink about playing Australia then.

Hmm. That's not good. I might have to have a rethink about playing Australia then.

Yup, that´s what I wanted to point out, if there might be some issues with it... I´m thinking about making Philippinese AAR when I get TFH/HPP together :)

It doesn't matter I think. In this AAR Japan has been a tough nut to crack and its only on "Hard" difficulty. You can always try Very Hard and given that with AUS you will fight in the horrible terrain, I am sure it will be challenging. Also you will find out that playing a minor and not a superpower, and relying on the AI to do its bit, will be hard (over-annoying most of the times).

After all we don't care whether you beat the game or not... its your writing style that will make your next AAR unique (like this one) :) :)

Just read this the whole way through and I have to say it os fantastic, great work!