+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Years — Help

Upgrading count title/government

When I get the option to upgrade my title/government from a feudal county it always changes to a Bishophric (sp?). I want to upgrade to a feudal duchy, and the county I'm playing as is pagan. I am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug? Thanks

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

I had similar problems going from feudal_monarchy_kingdom to feudal_monarchy_empire. I always ended up as an archbishopric (Archbishop of Provence, hehehe). You will have to edit the decision file or else the save file (if you already kept the change). Unfortunately, becoming a bishop means your heir becomes forgotten. Alternatively, you could accept the change, become a monastic order and go from there (there are nice bonuses to becoming a crusading order).

I'll try to fix the file. A pagan religious military order isn't what I'm aiming for.

Wow, I can see what you mean. Happy to be of some help. As it is now, the decision changes your county into a duchy, into a duchy, into a duchy like twenty times, then into a bishopric like twenty times... It's an intricately coded decision that somehow goes awry.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I think Vagn coded the decisions, we must wait for his reply.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Scafeld, Hallamscir, Jorvνkscir, Englaland
    I'll fix it when I get home, I've got a lecture in a few minutes. I know what caused it, I basically tried to cut down on the number of decisions I needed to write by having one decision for the monarchies/theocracies and one for non-merchant republics at each rank, apparently though the game doesn't like a limit on the government type in the owner scope for a province, so it kept defaulting to the final government which was the theocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagn View Post
    I'll fix it when I get home, I've got a lecture in a few minutes. I know what caused it, I basically tried to cut down on the number of decisions I needed to write by having one decision for the monarchies/theocracies and one for non-merchant republics at each rank, apparently though the game doesn't like a limit on the government type in the owner scope for a province, so it kept defaulting to the final government which was the theocracy.
    I don't know. I think you were really trying to create a legion of pagan religious military orders IOT take over the world. I'm on to you. (why isn't there a conspiracy nut smiley?)

Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by oldorcguy View Post
    I don't know. I think you were really trying to create a legion of pagan religious military orders IOT take over the world. I'm on to you. (why isn't there a conspiracy nut smiley?)
    Here's the fixed version, just extract the folder inside the /Mod directory and let it overwrite the files. I've also added a bonus decision for pagans just for you, to allow them to become a military order :P
    Attached Files

Version help

i have dl the mod TDY and i try to play it, i'm not sure if i can play it.
    i have only Europa universal 3 at version 1.3 i have to dl other patch or i need the expansion? if i need it there are any mode i can play just with EU3?

You need all the current expansions, so EUIII Complete and HTTT to play TDY, and the Beta Patch from the tech support forums. Magna Mundi and MEIOU might have versions of their mods for 1.3 but you would have to check in their download threads.

ok thx really much i'm looking for the expansion but now they aren't so simply to find^^ thx again

Quote Originally Posted by Astion View Post
    ok thx really much i'm looking for the expansion but now they aren't so simply to find^^ thx again
    They aren't available in hard copy. I'd suggest buying EUIII Complete of Amazon which contains the Base game, NA and IN and then buying HTTT of gamersgate, I think there's a link to it in the main forum.

ok thx i'll see for it

New to this Mod! Back to EU3!!!

hello all! i am one of the oldest members on the forum and have been following all paradox games for a decade... i had lost interest lately in EU3 simply because of the timeline... I was tired of the same 'ol period and had moved instead back to Medieval II: Total War. well, i decided to look into this mod and it seems to offer everything i am looking for... i had a few minor questions....

1) I believe i read this mod begins in 900 AD, is this correct? If so, do we have the option of playing as the Slavic Vikings and Christianizing Russia?

2) Are there historical figures for all parts of the late dark/middle ages?

3) Which factions are currently playable?

4) Are there historical events triggered (ex: Death of Svyatoslav) that effect the course of nations?

if all of these answers are listed elsewhere, feel free to say "read here old man" just please provide a link i don't stare at the computer nearly as much as i did in my youth
    United Christian Slavs

oh also.... sorry i didn't mention this in the original post.... i am pretty well versed from the Chronicle, Jacob the Monk, etc... about the Eastern Othodox Church and the Rurikids.... if any of the dev team needs information let me know i would be more than happy to provide it
    United Christian Slavs

so i'm sorry... what is HTTT now?
    United Christian Slavs

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete500k club

Heir To The Throne, the latest EU3 expansion, only available via download.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete500k club

1) Yes, that is possible. Novgorod for example starts out with slavic culture but norse religion and a national decision allows you to convert to christianity.

2) Certainly not for all parts of the middle ages, but as far as I can tell, all nations start out with the historically correct leader and heir.

3) A lot. Of course the major players of that time frame like the Romans, the Abbasids, the Rus and the Franks received most attention but the smaller nations didn't get cut short. Asia is very detailled to, not like most eurocentric mods or even EU3 itself (considering the upcoming 4th expansion).

4) Yes, there are.

Why don't you just download it and see for yourself? You won't regret it!

Reviving a somewhat old thread...

I've been doing some reading and the fall of Islamic Spain struck me as...well, not inevitable, but highly likely.

Inherently, through it's life, it was an unstable state, deeply factionalised with strong regional powerbases.

This was held together by strong leaders...Lesser rulers tended to lead to power devolving to the factions.

Overall, the country was slowly unifying, not least because they had a single, foreign army ( primarily mercenaries from the rest of Europe...The called them slavs, but they could be germanic, franks or whatever )..but after the instability of earlier weak rulers, this proved insufficient, to the Berbers were brought in...Which meant even the army was basically 2 factions, so when the last few strong ruler died out, it was worse.

The solution would seem to be to be giving new rulers a hit to their legitimacy, which gets bigger as they get worse.

The other option would be every province getting their own core, and every time a new ruler gets put in, revolt risk rises...I think the former is more accurate in terms of cause, although the latter might led to a more accurate result.

Quote Originally Posted by Telsor View Post
    Reviving a somewhat old thread...

I've been doing some reading and the fall of Islamic Spain struck me as...well, not inevitable, but highly likely.

Inherently, through it's life, it was an unstable state, deeply factionalised with strong regional powerbases.

This was held together by strong leaders...Lesser rulers tended to lead to power devolving to the factions.

Overall, the country was slowly unifying, not least because they had a single, foreign army ( primarily mercenaries from the rest of Europe...The called them slavs, but they could be germanic, franks or whatever )..but after the instability of earlier weak rulers, this proved insufficient, to the Berbers were brought in...Which meant even the army was basically 2 factions, so when the last few strong ruler died out, it was worse.

The solution would seem to be to be giving new rulers a hit to their legitimacy, which gets bigger as they get worse.

The other option would be every province getting their own core, and every time a new ruler gets put in, revolt risk rises...I think the former is more accurate in terms of cause, although the latter might led to a more accurate result.
    It is a complicated historical phenomenon indeed. One thing I have thought about is the despoblado, the region between the Christian kingdoms and the Duero River that the Moors essentially abandoned by the early 11th century. What later became Estremadura was similar. These were very sparsely populated, should probably have no forts, at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast