• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(200028)

Colonel
18 Badges
Mar 18, 2010
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
Just a few simple questions:

1.) Where does the money that factories make go? How does this help the government?

2.) Craftsmen; how do I keep them from demoting to laborers without the aid of NF? This seems really tough, since both of them belong to the 'Poor' strata.

Thanks.

1). Money made by factories goes straight to craftsmen and capitalist pops as income. I don't know how the income formulae work, but they generally make more money when profits are up. They still make money when the factory is failing as long as it's open, I'm just not sure how much.

2). As long as there's work available for farmers and labourers, some craftsmen will convert, though it seems it's in lower numbers in 1.2. Consult the pop conversion charts. Generally pops will slowly convert to craftsmen overall, but it will get much faster if there's no more work in the RGO's. You can fill up the RGO's through pop health technologies (which will increase your overall population), and through the power techs, which reduce the size of all farm RGO's.