+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: King of the Pirates~~Fantasy/Pirate Mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olvirki View Post
    ok, vikings in Iceland, in 1836..... This would of course be AAAAAhistoric because there was not much left of the Icelandic viking apparently when Turkish/Muslim pirates (most of the crew were European) stole around 1 % of our population in 1627. We just ran like rabbits to the hills with few exactions.
    Icelanders were angry for hundreds of years after that and even some of the old people hate and fear Turkey.
    A country of pirates that can conquer Florida is pretty ahistoric too.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

ok, vikings in Iceland, in 1836..... This would of course be AAAAAhistoric because there was not much left of the Icelandic viking apparently when Turkish/Muslim pirates (most of the crew were European) stole around 1 % of our population in 1627. We just ran like rabbits to the hills with few exactions.
    Icelanders were angry for hundreds of years after that and even some of the old people hate and fear Turkey.
    You do realize that this entire mod isnt suppose to be historical at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocky View Post
    Believe it or not, Pirates were a democracy, without themselves actually realizing it. They had voting on every single ship, as was the law of the Pirate code. The captain of a Pirate ship was not the man with the power, the crew were. Every pirate had equal share of loot, too. If a captain refused to comply with the wishes of the crew he was voted out and replaced. The stuff you see in movies where the captain is like some sort of God is a complete misconception. So starting them as a democracy might be a nice idea, if not just entirely interesting.
    I will probably do this next time I update the game with some new stuffs. I have been reading up on it and this makes alot more sense, Ill probably tweak the flags to change this.
    My Pirate Mod
    Feel free to take ideas from it, or expand on it if you wish.

Iberia for PDM/APD

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

yes i understand that, just pointing out some fun facts, everybody that plays these games loves history right ? (or just love to take over the world)

Then what is more fun than little history facts .
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

yes i understand that, just pointing out some fun facts, everybody that plays these games loves history right ? (or just love to take over the world)

Then what is more fun than little history facts .
    More fun? Unlimited pirate power.
    My Pirate Mod

Iberia for PDM/APD

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Is this mod dead?
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Is this mod dead?
    I hope not, it looks epic.

I could work on it again, but I dont know where to go with it. I like PDM too much, haaa.
    My Pirate Mod

Iberia for PDM/APD

Quote Originally Posted by TAoD View Post
    I could work on it again, but I dont know where to go with it. I like PDM too much, haaa.
    1. I noticed that slavery was outlawed. Make it allowed. Pirates were big on slavery.
    2. There could be an event or decision about taking Madagascar if the Pirate Nation has Slavery, Madagascar was a big slavery deposit.
    3. Siezing some of the small Portugese Asian Colonies like East Timor, Goa, and Macau via an event (Portugal hangs Pirate Admiral or something) and then a decision would be a nice idea.
    4. An uprising against the Pirates in some Caribean Islands during the late game, maybe?
    5. An event that allowed the Pirates to send a colonial expedition to Africa a decade or so before the Scrable of Africa would happen would be nice. It could be costly if you liked.
    6. Slave Uprising events and then later a decision to put it all down.

I'm assuming that you mean events and decision ideas, so you know.

I also need higher quality flags.
    I also need gumption to work on it, and this mod I made bores me to death.

If someone wants they can work on it, I dont mind at all.
    My attention is elsewhere.
    My Pirate Mod

Iberia for PDM/APD

Quote Originally Posted by TAoD View Post
    I also need higher quality flags.
    I also need gumption to work on it, and this mod I made bores me to death.

If someone wants they can work on it, I dont mind at all.
    My attention is elsewhere.
    Can't help with any of that. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will take it I guess.

Just an update, Im going to work on this mod some more again, and put more of my ideas that I originally had in it.
    My Pirate Mod

Iberia for PDM/APD

Thats awesome man!

It was awesome, but now its officially scrapped, haha.
    My Pirate Mod

Iberia for PDM/APD

does this work with ahd

Dude, this mod has been dead for nearly a year.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2