+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: King of the Pirates~~Fantasy/Pirate Mod

Pirates of the Seven Seas! (new nation mod)

Pirates of the Seven Seas Unite!

So this is my first mod so bear with me, since it has alot of work that need to be done so far. What Im planning to do, is to add a new nation, a Pirate nation in the Caribbean.
    Its going to be sort of like a King of the Pirates sort of thing, so the government is Absolute Monarchy at first. There really isnt any story or explanation behind pirates being here at this time in history, but Im sure someone out there can RP something up.

Here is a pic of progress so far of what the Pirates own.

Yar Har Har!

Starting political parties, there are a ton more as you progress through the game.

Flags are completed for each government type.

Normal or Monarchy Flag.

Republic Flag.

Fascist Flag (Blackbeard's flag!)

Communist Flag

Events Progress

This one allows you to conquer Florida and gain some prestige and research points as well.

This offers a challenge to conquer some northern lands from some hardy GP powers.

Future/Developing Events

Using this idea provided, I will be adding events to "unite the seven seas" under the Jolly Roger.
    After this, I will make it so that if you become a great power, certain scores, and have conquered all required cores, You will become "The Empire of the Seven Seas" and gain some new stuffs. This will be done later though since this will take a while to develop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    Hm, if you want to expand on this, you can put pirates in the following locations:
    • In Greenland/Iceland to represent vikings.
    • In Taiwan, along the coast of China and on some of the Japanese outer islands.
    • In Micronesia.
    • In the Indian Ocean.
    • Along the Gold Coast.

Pretty much anywhere where there's (a) a lot of islands and (b) little government control works for pirates.

Some of the government types actually work. A republic would represent a group of the top pirates banding together and forming a "Pirate Council" or something. A monarchy would represent one taking command and establishing a hierarchy. Fascism and Communism take that to the extreme. Ideal communism would be more like anarchy with no government control.

+1 for you.

Current release is 1.2
    -Created starting units.
    -unique political parties!
    -fixed misc. stuffs.
    -tech changes.

Other than that, Ill post updates when I fix some basic problems, and then upload it as I go so you all can have some fun. Events will probably come way later. Please feel free to write up some sort of awesome background story for this or give me some ideas for anything regarding this. Ill pretty much implement anything I see is awesome and piratey.

Thank you to Athalcor, ZomgK3tchup and Minefield for helping out!
    Ye be good lads.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TAoD; 06-11-2010 at 03:34.

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Adding flags: make PIR.tga, PIR_communist.tga, PIR_fascist.tga, PIR_republic.tga and PIR_monarchy.tga in the gfx/flags folder (preferable size in 93*64) then delete all files that include 'flagfiles' in their names in the gfx/flags folder.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs, 3rd in the 2014 Q3 ACAs.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    Adding flags: make PIR.tga, PIR_communist.tga, PIR_fascist.tga, PIR_republic.tga and PIR_monarchy.tga in the gfx/flags folder (preferable size in 93*64) then delete all files that include 'flagfiles' in their names in the gfx/flags folder.
    I have added all of those flag types, with govt endings.
    What do you mean by flagfiles? Im not seeing them in the folder.

Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

in gfx/flags, there are these files: flagfiles.tga, flagfiles.txt, flagfiles_communist.tga, flagfiles_communist.txt, flagfiles_fascist.tga, flagfiles_fascist.txt, flagfiles_monarchy.tga, flagfiles_monarchy.txt, flagfiles_republic.tga, flagfiles_republic.txt. Delete them all. After the game loads, new ones are generated. Then it should work.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs, 3rd in the 2014 Q3 ACAs.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

in gfx/flags, there are these files: flagfiles.tga, flagfiles.txt, flagfiles_communist.tga, flagfiles_communist.txt, flagfiles_fascist.tga, flagfiles_fascist.txt, flagfiles_monarchy.tga, flagfiles_monarchy.txt, flagfiles_republic.tga, flagfiles_republic.txt. Delete them all. After the game loads, new ones are generated. Then it should work.
    Ahh, thank you, it works now.
    So before I upload this, is there something I need to do to make sure that the flags work once the user installs the mod?

You need to include the generated flagfiles.tga, flagfiles.txt, flagfiles_communist.tga, flagfiles_communist.txt, flagfiles_fascist.tga, flagfiles_fascist.txt, flagfiles_monarchy.tga, flagfiles_monarchy.txt, flagfiles_republic.tga, flagfiles_republic.txt.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TAoD View Post
    Ahh, thank you, it works now.
    So before I upload this, is there something I need to do to make sure that the flags work once the user installs the mod?
    No. If you include all the flagfiles-files in you release, the archive will become huge. Everybody who installs a new mod has to clear the cache of his copy of vicky2.

Alright, thank you all for the help, Ill have a basic version of this uploaded sometime soon now that the flags work so people can see how it works.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Blog Entries
    Hm, if you want to expand on this, you can put pirates in the following locations:
    • In Taiwan, along the coast of China and on some of the Japanese outer islands.
    • In Micronesia.
    • In the Indian Ocean.
    • Along the Gold Coast.

Pretty much anywhere where there's (a) a lot of islands and (b) little government control works for pirates.

Some of the government types actually work. A republic would represent a group of the top pirates banding together and forming a "Pirate Council" or something. A monarchy would represent one taking command and establishing a hierarchy. Fascism and Communism take that to the extreme. Ideal communism would be more like anarchy with no government control.

+1 for you.

• In Micronesia.
    • In the Indian Ocean.
    • Along the Gold Coast.

+1 for you.
    All of those places you mentioned could be added in events as places to reconquer.

Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Blog Entries
    I downloaded and installed your mod. It seems the flags are all messed up.

The Pirates have the Danish flag. Denmark has... some flag. The Netherlands has the Portuguese flag. Portugal has the Scottish flag. You get the point.

However! This is easily fixable my deleting those five massive flag files and letting the game redo them on start-up.

Edit: The Pirates only have cores on Cuba and Hispaniola. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

Edit: Oh nevermind. The flag issue was already addressed. My bad.

I downloaded and installed your mod. It seems the flags are all messed up.

The Pirates have the Danish flag. Denmark has... some flag. The Netherlands has the Portuguese flag. Portugal has the Scottish flag. You get the point.

However! This is easily fixable my deleting those five massive flag files and letting the game redo them on start-up.

Edit: The Pirates only have cores on Cuba and Hispaniola. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

Edit: Oh nevermind. The flag issue was already addressed. My bad.
    I fixed some things and did what you said, you can check if it works or not.
    Ill be working on an event today and see if I can get one working.

EDIT
    I figured out what was wrong with the cores for all those islands, just gotta add the tags for them. Ill fix that up later.
    Last edited by TAoD; 31-10-2010 at 20:24.

Update!

UPDATE
    The first event is added!
    And cores were fixed as well.
    Not sure if the flags are fixed though.

Next stage: Adding some more small events and decisions.
    Fixing starting units, cant figure out why any will appear at the start of the game.
    Possibly create a unique culture.
    Make custom Pirate Parties for politics.
    Last edited by TAoD; 31-10-2010 at 22:55.

Quote Originally Posted by TAoD View Post
    Fixing starting units, cant figure out why any will appear at the start of the game.
    In history/countries/[whatever your country is].txt add to the bottom of the file oob = "[your country TAG]_oob.txt"

and in history/units create [your country TAG]_oob.txt.

Here is an example:
    Code:
    #Army
    army = {
    	name = "I. Armee"
    	location = 619
    	regiment = {
    		name= "1.1. Kavalleriedivision"
    		type = cavalry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "2.1. Kavalleriedivision"
    		type = cavalry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "3.1. Kavalleriedivision"
    		type = cavalry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "1.3. Infanteriedivision"
    		type = infantry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "2.3. Infanteriedivision"
    		type = infantry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "3.3. Infanteriedivision"
    		type = infantry
    		home = 619
    	}
    }

In history/countries/[whatever your country is].txt add to the bottom of the file oob = "[your country TAG]_oob.txt"

and in history/units create [your country TAG]_oob.txt.

Here is an example:
    Code:
    #Army
    army = {
    	name = "I. Armee"
    	location = 619
    	regiment = {
    		name= "1.1. Kavalleriedivision"
    		type = cavalry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "2.1. Kavalleriedivision"
    		type = cavalry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "3.1. Kavalleriedivision"
    		type = cavalry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "1.3. Infanteriedivision"
    		type = infantry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "2.3. Infanteriedivision"
    		type = infantry
    		home = 619
    	}

regiment = {
    		name= "3.3. Infanteriedivision"
    		type = infantry
    		home = 619
    	}
    }
    Ill include this in the next update. So far from playing this, its pretty easy to create a large army and conquer some provinces.
    My Pirate Mod
    Feel free to take ideas from it, or expand on it if you wish.

Iberia for PDM/APD

Blog Entries
    Perhaps the techs should be redone somewhat. I don't think Pirates would have Army Professionalism and perhaps a slight advantage in its naval capabilities.

Update!

Perhaps the techs should be redone somewhat. I don't think Pirates would have Army Professionalism and perhaps a slight advantage in its naval capabilities.
    Yes, Im working on that as of now, along with some other things.
    What sort of navy techs would you think they should have?

EDIT

Update! Ive added political parties and fixed some other things. Version 1.2 is out now.
    Last edited by TAoD; 01-11-2010 at 00:37.
    My Pirate Mod

Iberia for PDM/APD

Update update!

Version 1.3 is now out.
    Changes.
    -Added many cores to Indonesia for expansion into those areas and setting up for more future events to come.
    -Added a new decision to enact to gain some cores and lands in Newfoundland and Iceland.

Future plans.
    -some events, ex. Black Beards Treasure discovered.
    -Adding more cores to historical pirate regions, ex. Barbary Coasts, Some places near India and China.
    -Starting on creating a new emergence country, through becoming a great power and getting man goals accomplished. Something similar to how Greece becomes the Byzantine empire.
    My Pirate Mod

Iberia for PDM/APD

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

• In Micronesia.
    • In the Indian Ocean.
    • Along the Gold Coast.

+1 for you.
    ok, vikings in Iceland, in 1836..... This would of course be AAAAAhistoric because there was not much left of the Icelandic viking apparently when Turkish/Muslim pirates (most of the crew were European) stole around 1 % of our population in 1627. We just ran like rabbits to the hills with few exactions.
    Icelanders were angry for hundreds of years after that and even some of the old people hate and fear Turkey.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Believe it or not, Pirates were a democracy, without themselves actually realizing it. They had voting on every single ship, as was the law of the Pirate code. The captain of a Pirate ship was not the man with the power, the crew were. Every pirate had equal share of loot, too. If a captain refused to comply with the wishes of the crew he was voted out and replaced. The stuff you see in movies where the captain is like some sort of God is a complete misconception. So starting them as a democracy might be a nice idea, if not just entirely interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast