• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are in no way obliged to read the AAR if it doesn't fall to your tastes. There are those of us who love the AAR as it is...

The gameplay section of the AAR is scheduled to start hopefully by the 3rd week of November. I just have to wrap up the rest of 1830 to the beginning of 1836.

You sure you isn't replying to the wrong post?:)

You sure you isn't replying to the wrong post?:)

Hrmm. Yeah. Meant to reply to Seek75. I am not sorry, as I have excuses like uh...its too early in the morning!

You are in no way obliged to read the AAR if it doesn't fall to your tastes. There are those of us who love the AAR as it is...

I'm not saying that I don't like it, truely, I do.

But it IS a Vikki 2 AAR; I'm not saying that he should rush to get to the gameplay or anything, but quite frankly I believe at the very least some of the people (including me) came to see gameplay. It is his AAR and he can do what he wishes with it, all I'm doing is sharing my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, then you need not reply to it.

Well, gameplay is normal, but not all AARs are gameplay AARs. Quite a lot aren't. Some are even fan fiction. The only requirement for an AAR in the Vicky section, is frankly that it is placed during the Vicky time line.

Tekcor: It's okay. This time.;)

We need to get more back on topic with this discussion. Until the next update, you must talk about babies, which shall all be known as IMPERIAL BABES! There will be no doubt I will have Napoleon II spawn a family of all legitimate children. I doubt I'll use the rest of his family, mostly his uncles well were placed in exile after the fall of Napoleon. Some of them did return to Europe. I'm not exactly sure how to handle Napoleon II's half-brothers and sister, since he didn't really have a high of opinion of them from what I can understand from most accounts I've read.

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

Chapter 2: The Reforging
Part One

The celebration of coronation of Emperor Napoleon II was short lived, as the realities of the needs of the nation began to sink in. In his last days of King, Charles X had attempted to increase public opinion at home by launching an invasion of Algeria. The French military had obviously not innovated or changed much since the fall of Napoleon I, as for the invasion they relied on Napoleon’s contingency plan for the invasion ; which dated back to 1808. The first battle of the invasion at Sidi Ferruch had 34,000 French soldiers and 7,000 Janissaries, 19,000 troops from the beys of Constantine and Oran, along with roughly 17,000 Kabyles (ethnic Algerians). The French military would come out as victors in battle, thanks to the superior artillery and better organization.

Though with the French victory, a new problem quickly arose. Three weeks after the battle at Sidi Ferruch (June 12th, 1830) the capital of Algiers was captured. What followed would be the beginning of an embarrassment for the occupation force, as troops raped women, looted the populations houses, desecrated their mosques and destroyed cemeteries. In their reckless behavior, the French troops had seized roughly fifty million Francs from the treasury of Algeria at Casbah. As one observer in a newspaper reported « an inauspicious beginning to the mission to civilize the people of Algeria. »

The City of Algeria, captured by the French three weeks after the battle of Sidi Ferruch.​

Emperor Napoleon II had hardly reigned for more than a month when the news of the atrocities reached the Imperial Household. The Emperor burst into an outrage that French troops would commit such barbaric acts, and immediately called for investigations into the crimes. In the eyes of the Emperor the national prestige of the nation had been deeply harmed. If the situation was not quickly turned around, it would be possible that Great Britain, Austria and Prussia could possibly see this as a reason to depose of the recently restored House of Bonaparte.

The liberal elements within the Assemblies opposed the invasion of Algeria, as in their eyes, France needed to turn its eyes inward instead of toward colonial expansion. Napoleon II, would find himself in a hard position, as elements of the government wanted to continue the occupation of Algeria even if French policy and behavior were complete failures while other elements wanted to completely withdraw from Algeria – which most in the nation assumed would be a national embarrassment. Like his father, Napoleon II worked best under pressure, and quickly had a compromise drawn together. The nation would continue its occupation of the coasts of Algeria, but would not move farther inland. In addition, a commission would be formed to establish state run factories throughout the nation once suitable locations and demand for supplies was determined.

French soldiers uniforms in 1830. Notice the red pants; the dye was exclusively from the coasts of Algeria that were French occupied.​

Last edited:
Bravo, j'adore!
I just found this AAR...and I always wanted to see something like that. I'm suscribing!

Bravo, j'adore!
I just found this AAR...and I always wanted to see something like that. I'm suscribing!

I appreicate that comment. Always nice to see somebody just discover an AAR =)

If you need translation, don't hesitate!

And so it begins.

A somewhat accurate description. The story is still before 1836, but the next update should be about gameplay. There just really wasn't that much happening in 1831-1836 France, except really Algeria.

Yes, for French ;)

Napoleon II: Spawn of the Emperor!

So, with Napoleon married off to a Bavarian princess and coming from the Austrian court, I'm guessing this will make the first war between Prussia and Austria reeeeeaaallly interesting.

Napoleon II: Spawn of the Emperor!

So, with Napoleon married off to a Bavarian princess and coming from the Austrian court, I'm guessing this will make the first war between Prussia and Austria reeeeeaaallly interesting.

You would be quite right, we will start off the game with +150 relation to Austria; to help symbolize essentially an Austrian raised "prince" to the French throne. Though the relation could quickly sour over the regards to Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.