• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Hamilton isn't doing the British any favours. How come you're trouncing them so convincingly? Just better army tech?

James Hamilton isn't doing the British any favours. How come you're trouncing them so convincingly? Just better army tech?

Better army tech + numbers. I have about 100,000 troops in Britain, compared to her about 30,000 now. I can afford to pursue them after a victory; which is generally what I'm using the Imperial Guard to do.

Nice, kiking Britains buttocks ! :p
What does the emperor wants of England?
overseas colony perharps?

Tecko already listed his demands, England is to surrender British Guiana/Guyana, it's Caribbean possessions and Ceylon, the Dutch is to surrender Dutch Guiana/Suriname, and if victory is more than secured, an independent Scotland and Ireland.

Nice, kiking Britains buttocks ! :p
What does the emperor wants of England?
overseas colony perharps?

The last update kinda of reflects my war goals in the sense of lack of resources especially timber - which skyrockets in demand when I'm at war. This is mostly due to the slight modifications I made in my unofficial "units mod" which increases the cost of units in resources and adds some new resources. The armies are kept a more realistic size so far. Keeping a 300,000 strong army (which I have in game) is costing quite a pretty penny. When I go to war, any surplus I am pulling in (which is about 800 a day) suddenly becomes about -200 a day.

Release Ireland before Scotland if you have a choice, Pondicherry has fallen I presume but the British army in India is floundering about without any transports.

Release Ireland before Scotland if you have a choice, Pondicherry has fallen I presume but the British army in India is floundering about without any transports.

I loaded up as Britain during the war, and noticed they have several transports; however with effective blockade of their seazones, they can't really do anything. And sadly, the only province I've lost is Pondicherry. Soon that will change with the acquisition of Ceylon! Onwards to French India!

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

Chapter 8: The Duke of Versailles
In London We Dine

With war waging in Europe, events were often forgotten that didn’t involve the latest battle or change of flag over control of the Caribbean and South America. French control of the Caribbean islands under control of Britain had for about a month been secured, with most recently British and Dutch Guyana being occupied by the end of September. Little goods news could be reported in India, where the minute garrison at Pondicherry had quickly been overrun by a dominant British-led Indian force.

Though India was Britain’s one bright highlight of the war, it would not change the fact that the wind was now blowing in a new direction. In Scotland and Ireland clamors for reform and possible independence from England were picking up in volume. Inquires had been sent by both countries into the possibility of French intervention, but the replies were unpromising. Emperor Napoleon II, with advice from generals and admirals did not see the benefit of squandering desperately needed resources away from the main objective. Although military aid was not promised, France would recognize Ireland and Scotland as new nations if they were to declare their independence.

The least of London’s problems right now was the clamor for independence within Ireland and Scotland. Shortly after the battle of Brighton, the Imperial Guard began marching towards London. The only force evenly remotely possible of delaying the triumphant march of Bonaparte forces into London was James Hamilton’s forces which had been reinforced to about 25,000 soldiers after his last trumping at Brighton. On September 14th, Jacques Foch’s Imperial Guard forced Hamilton’s forces into battle outside of Oxford. The forces were about equal with Hamilton having 25,495 compared to Foch’s 24,468, though the battle was lopsided. The end result witnessed 10,974 British losses compared to 3,428 French – the march to London would be unopposed now.

The arrival of the French flag on the outskirts of London began widespread panic within the city, as the better off citizens and government fled to the safety of the north. On October 2nd Marshal Foch reached Buckingham Palace, only to find out that Queen Victoria had fled city a mere three hours before. The war was effectively over, and any additional gains were adding prestige to the position of France in the treaty discussions underway at Brest. One such event that would further the prestige of the nation, but had no outcome on the war was on November 2nd. At the battle of Luneburg, the Hanoverian army ran out of room to escape the massive French army. In a battle that pursued, 5,530 of the 12,000 Hanoverians were killed, the remaining captured.

On November 8th, the Treaty of Brest was signed; it was a humiliating blow to the British nation. Initially French claims were going to be cornered to the Caribbean and South America; however with further embarrassment of the British nation at the battles of Brighton and Oxford, and increased revolutionary activity in Ireland and Scotland, French claims were increased. Britain refused the demands for transfer of ownership over Gibraltar and Ceylon province of India; however with the seizure of London announced at Brest in mid-October, the delegation realized the possibilities of better terms were nigh. Insult to injury would be added a month after the Treaty of Brest was signed when Ireland and Scotland declared their independence from Britain; however they chose to remain cordial to London.

Britain has fallen nearly 120 points since January 1st, 1846, while France gained 50 points.​

Last edited:
Vive l'Empreur! An excellent result, to be within touching distance of Britain by 1846. Gaining Gibraltar was a nice touch.

So are Scotland and Ireland independent? If so, I assume you'll try to sphere them ASAP to stop the UK annexing them?

I think that's a good call. Now that you control Sri Lanka and Guyana as well as a few of Britain's Caribbean possessions, you should be able to easy call upon much needed supplies and money to finance any conflict. The fact that Ireland and Scotland is no longer a part of Great Britain, means that the UK is no longer United...it should be England now.

I think that's a good call. Now that you control Sri Lanka and Guyana as well as a few of Britain's Caribbean possessions, you should be able to easy call upon much needed supplies and money to finance any conflict. The fact that Ireland and Scotland is no longer a part of Great Britain, means that the UK is no longer United...it should be England now.

It should be, but alas, England doesn't exist in this game. GB uses ENG for it's tag.

I'm personally kind of annoyed at how they did the UK. They merged both the English and the Scottish into British (when they could've easily did more or less the same thing by separating them and putting them in the same group, like they did with North German/South German), and it's always the UK, even if the UK doesn't actually exist anymore.

It should be, but alas, England doesn't exist in this game. GB uses ENG for it's tag.

I'm personally kind of annoyed at how they did the UK. They merged both the English and the Scottish into British (when they could've easily did more or less the same thing by separating them and putting them in the same group, like they did with North German/South German), and it's always the UK, even if the UK doesn't actually exist anymore.

I did a slight modification here before starting the game. Scottish is its own seperate group, though under British. To be fair to Britain, Ireland & Scotland are still in Union to it, but are satellites. I later have modified them to be within the sphere of France so they cannot rejoin Britain without a diplomatic showdown.

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

Chapter 9: In Father's Footsteps
Princes of France

Prince Philippe of France, the eldest son of Napoleon II at the age of 12. [OTL - Prince Philippe France is based of Franz Joseph I who does not exist in this time line as Empress Sophie was his mother, who in this time line is married to Emperor Napoleon II.]​

The heir apparent, Prince Philippe had begun his military training under the first regiment of the Imperial Guard in the fall of 1845, as a mere cadet officer. With the declaration of war against England in the early days of 1846, the Prince Imperial was transferred to the house regiment assigned to the protection of the residence of the Imperial Family. Emperor Napoleon II thought that war was no place for a ten year old child or an inviting place for the heir apparent of the Napoleonic Empire. The young Prince quickly grew over the disappointment caused by being stuck within Versailles as he was always welcomed and encouraged to attend the near daily military councils held in his father’s studies.

On December 30th, with much delight, the young Prince marched with Marshal Foch through Paris with the returning troops of the Imperial Guard. The parade continued from the early hours of the day till late afternoon, when a marvelous display of fireworks and great feast was enjoyed at the Arc de Triumph. With Foch back in town, the young Prince returned to the Imperial Guards and continued the daily routine of a military life. While Prince Philippe practiced the military lifestyle of his father, the younger Prince Joseph was being tutored by the great minds of Europe in math, languages, and science. The Princess of the family, the now sixteen year old Marie Louise a great beauty and began attracting the attention of Europe’s royal families that thought to further align themselves with France.

When the spring of 1847 came, both Princes eagerly paid great attention to the recently declared protectorate over the remains of Morocco. The primary reason for the declaration of protectorate over the state was because of the meddling affairs of the crowns of Spain and Portugal; which sought to regain glory by additional conquests within Africa. The assigned force was overwhelming, 36,000 French cavalry, divided into two corps of 18,000 each with three corps of 9,000 colonial infantry further reinforcing the already more numerically superior force. Though protest was received from Lisbon and Madrid, no other European capital within their right minds would dare question the will of Paris.

In Saint Petersburg, the Russians had misjudged Paris’s intention and declared war against Prussia; which brought frustration to Napoleon’s plans. With the Russians intentions on Prussia unclear, Paris began a diplomatic game to contain its ally. Pressure was applied to Istanbul for a declaration of war against Saint Petersburg; which soon followed under the pretense that the Ottoman’s would not wage war to defend Prussia from France’s future aggression. Another diplomatic letter was sent to Stockholm to inform the nation of Napoleon’s attention was not directed at her, but rather Prussia.

With both allies of significance dealt with, the Imperial Guard, with Emperor Napoleon II along with Prince Philippe and Prince Joseph accompanying Marshal Foch set off towards the border with Prussia. Already amassed along the border with Prussia was an army already numbering 150,000 strong; far stronger than what the Prussians were estimated at being capable of fielding against France. The declaration of war would arrive on Berlin on September 23rd, 1847, with French troops already securing the first towns of the border provinces.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand - so the Ottomans declared war on Russia? And that was in your interests? How come? Are you just afraid of Russia growing too powerful?

I'm not sure I understand - so the Ottomans declared war on Russia? And that was in your interests? How come? Are you just afraid of Russia growing too powerful?

Yes. Russians can't grow too powerful if they do, even though they are an ally they could compete with France.

And yes...Aimable Bonaparte. Stupid name generator [insert plug about slowly working on better names for admirals and generals].

Status
Not open for further replies.